Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

MineCraft Server Development Section

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
First off many of you should of heard of Minecraft by now if you've been on YouTube in the past month or so. But let's get back to what I'm suggesting here. On Minecraft you can get on people own made servers as some of you might have known. What I'm asking is that we put Minecraft in the selection of development for servers.

There is many ways to customize your servers just like any other, But the bad thing is there is a free version of the Multi-player and there is a payed version which is called "SMP" Which stands for Survival Multi-player.This would mean that in the Minecraft Section there would have to be two forums which contain each other, One for the free version "Classic Multi-player" And another for the paid version "SMP".

This would also help the forum a bit since notch (Creator of the game) Adds forums that have the game the he made in a section of the forum. This would bring more people to Ragezone than ever before, Even if ragezone has never had a problem of getting users it would add to the numbers. Hint hint Mental more people paying for Subscriptions.

Now if some of you haven't heard of Minecraft then i'll show you some screen shots of the game and what it is.

Random Created worlds, Worlds are never the same, this is single player in minecraft, But there is a multiplayer version "SMP" Which is exactly the same but you survive with other people.

This is the free version of Minecraft looks amazing yes i know, even though its the free version its amazing to play with friends and build things with friends :)

There is also Role Playing servers which are fun at times if they are made right. Well thats what the servers look like and there is also mods and other ways to make the server truly different we'll get into those later if the thread gets a good response.

For people Who want to try out Alpha heres the beta of the survival part of minecraft

Heres the link -

Last edited:
Reaction score
So basically Proved its a MMO plus a rpg at the same time. Only time to tell is when Mental replies to the thread again if he comes across it.

WHOOOOOO
Reaction score
Don't think you can develop anything for minecraft... aye you can build, but not develop unless you have source. and the game's in alpha. So no for me.

Custom Title Activated
Reaction score
Minecraft is a fun game. I got hooked up immediately and started playing. I hope minecraft get a section on it's own so we can discuss minecraft.

Custom Title Activated
Reaction score
The game's not exactly "unfinished", but the newer version of it is. There is still an older version of MineCraft (the hostfile version).

and is the Alpha version even multiplayer?

BACON
Reaction score
Alpha has really buggy multiplayer and the game really isn't finished.
Wait until it actually has more gamemodes and stuff otherwise every server will be the same.

Reaction score
No.

There would be no actual server development. If you added mincraft you might as well add a counterstrike section because its really the same concept server-side.

Unless we can add our own items and stuff a development section would be a waste of space.

Custom Title Activated
Reaction score
No.

There would be no actual server development. If you added mincraft you might as well add a counterstrike section because its really the same concept server-side.

Unless we can add our own items and stuff a development section would be a waste of space.

Who says you cant add your own items ?
poop's in java and the source files are included.

Reaction score
how do I try that "alpha" game to test it without buying it

---------- Post added at 03:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:50 PM ----------

or you mean server with that old version

---------- Post added at 03:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:51 PM ----------

because honest all I seem to be able to do on the old version is to dig through other peoples thing

---------- Post added at 03:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:54 PM ----------

and now I got kicked because I deleted half of the map.. meh, I don't like that game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back