Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

MineCraft Server Development Section

Status
Not open for further replies.
(Joe209!)
Loyal Member
Reaction score
First off many of you should of heard of Minecraft by now if you've been on YouTube in the past month or so. But let's get back to what I'm suggesting here. On Minecraft you can get on people own made servers as some of you might have known. What I'm asking is that we put Minecraft in the selection of development for servers.

There is many ways to customize your servers just like any other, But the bad thing is there is a free version of the Multi-player and there is a payed version which is called "SMP" Which stands for Survival Multi-player.This would mean that in the Minecraft Section there would have to be two forums which contain each other, One for the free version "Classic Multi-player" And another for the paid version "SMP".

This would also help the forum a bit since notch (Creator of the game) Adds forums that have the game the he made in a section of the forum. This would bring more people to Ragezone than ever before, Even if ragezone has never had a problem of getting users it would add to the numbers. Hint hint Mental more people paying for Subscriptions.

Now if some of you haven't heard of Minecraft then i'll show you some screen shots of the game and what it is.

Random Created worlds, Worlds are never the same, this is single player in minecraft, But there is a multiplayer version "SMP" Which is exactly the same but you survive with other people.

This is the free version of Minecraft looks amazing yes i know, even though its the free version its amazing to play with friends and build things with friends :)

There is also Role Playing servers which are fun at times if they are made right. Well thats what the servers look like and there is also mods and other ways to make the server truly different we'll get into those later if the thread gets a good response.

For people Who want to try out Alpha heres the beta of the survival part of minecraft

Heres the link -

Last edited:
(Joe209!)
Loyal Member
Reaction score
if you think im making a section for 10 people on an unfinished game you are sadly mistaken, I want at least 100+ votes.

Just like mental said, it would be a waste of forum space for only 10 or 20 people, I wouldn't expect him to add the section for that reason either.

And im Adding links to Test for SMP for people who would consider to buy for multi-player and single-player.

And how to connect to the server you just have to make a account on minecraft.net. And look for "Minecraft classic" And click multi-player and look for a server that sounds good for you. Heres a link to minecraft

Last edited:
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Yes please, I bought it and it's super fun. Multiplayer is bugged heaps but the game is still in Alpha. I know quite abit and can throw a few skins and tutorials up.

Skins are what your character looks like btw.

duck you haters, Beta will be less buggy. And a community always starts somewhere, Oh for mental.

Minecraft has a list of sites that discuss minecraft, so if you make a development section I could ask the owner of the game to add ragezone to that list. You'll probrably gain some users.

Either way PLEASE, PLEASE make this section.

Just like mental said, it would be a waste of forum space for only 10 or 20 people, I wouldn't expect him to add the section for that reason either.

Your a waste of space :(

-Daniel

---------- Post added at 08:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:38 PM ----------

How could people join YOUR game?

By typing in your IP when you click on multiplayer.
I have a server right now.

Last edited:
BACON
Loyal Member
Reaction score
A few skins and tutorials isn't really gonna make much use of a section...
There's a discussion thread in Gaming Hotspot, post your poop there

(Joe209!)
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Yes please, I bought it and it's super fun. Multiplayer is bugged heaps but the game is still in Alpha. I know quite abit and can throw a few skins and tutorials up.

Skins are what your character looks like btw.

duck you haters, Beta will be less buggy. And a community always starts somewhere, Oh for mental.

Minecraft has a list of sites that discuss minecraft, so if you make a development section I could ask the owner of the game to add ragezone to that list. You'll probrably gain some users.

Either way PLEASE, PLEASE make this section.

Your a waste of space :(

-Daniel

---------- Post added at 08:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:38 PM ----------

By typing in your IP when you click on multiplayer.
I have a server right now.

Lol i want the section to bro i know it starts from somewhere, But i wouldn't just want 20 people visiting it. And if mental did add it we could get ragezone on his list of where its at, this would bring in alot of user's like i've said before :). And new updates are coming to SMP on the 31st so less bugs and what not.

tell your friends about the post so we can get it on ragezone :)!?

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
A few skins and tutorials isn't really gonna make much use of a section...
There's a discussion thread in Gaming Hotspot, post your poop there

Theres still development we can do, for multiplayer that is. Just get the game and find out what you can develop.. This type of development is like GTA San Andreas.. With mods and poop.

Gaming Hotspot has a few problems;
Section isnt specificly for MineCraft
It's inactive as poop.

(Joe209!)
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I agree and if Gaming hotspot gets filled with minecraft Thread's I'm sure that there would be some rules about posting minecraft there.

BACON
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Gaming Hotspot has one (Yes joe, ONE!) Minecraft thread.. it isn't at all popular so even if it did have its own section i doubt it would be very active (Except from the odd thread "LOOK AT DA HOUSE I MADE LOLOL")

I say just keep it to the one thread in the hotspot.. at least for now

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Dude it's 10 bucks, cheaper then an Elite Subscription... Like I said above, we'll get more mine craft users to that section if we add it to the list on the website:

And how can we write a tutorial or release in 1 thread.

BACON
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Use the communities listed there then? I really don't understand why we need a section for it..

And Facepunch use one thread to discuss minecraft and it works well (It's a fuckload more popular than the hotspot thread too)

butt > Tits
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I agree on getting this section, I got an torrent version of the game since I can't do online payments. So far, the game is actually pretty fun =D. Still would like to play online, anyone know where to get IP's for multi-player servers?

(Joe209!)
Loyal Member
Reaction score
If the section was added notch would add ragezone to the list of forums right away since of how many members we have. It would grow more members for the section as well

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
It's a win:win for MentaL... New members to populate a new section.

Software Engineer
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I believe minecraft is a new edge we'd have if we added it to our community now, because later on there will be bigger communities to run minecraft related servers and such (even if there already are). We need to act fast, and a lot of people play the damn game, in just a few weeks, it's gone from unknown to the PM of most people on my MSN 'Busy - Minecraft' it's kind of shocking how addictive a rather simple game can be, but beneficial for RaGEZONE, I'm sure we'd have a kickass section for it, it wouldn't be our usual MMO section, but GTASAMP isn't really an MMO (tho there are lots of servers and mods.) It would be a different but typical section at RaGEZONE, one that could probably get us a lot of users if set up properly (need to consider Client related sections, not just Server).

Thanks for the memories!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I'm interested in it, for the past 3.5 years I've been writing servers in C# and Java, mainly Habbo private server emus. (the stuff they run on these days) I like MineCraft alot and making an open source Java game server for it would be awesome. Make it easy to extend and have a mod database online, web frontend for admins, all the good stuff. Sounds cool. Has anyone done any research on the network protocol so far?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back