Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

New MMO sub forum suggestion

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
greetings id like to make the suggestion to add Star Wars Galaxies as a sub forum to the MMO Development section.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
oh yeah there are dozens of emulators out there plus SWGEMU has started releasing an unrestricted engine to select groups and i have a copy of the once live server code (SOE) that i wish to share

Loyalty
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Could be taken into consideration if you are able to link server files and emulators of the game so that it may be developed and released and etc etc.

In the end , it's up to MentaL after looking at the server files, whether he would consider to make one.

Regards ,
Vaulient

Could be taken into consideration if you are able to link server files and emulators of the game so that it may be developed and released and etc etc.

In the end , it's up to MentaL after looking at the server files, whether he would consider to make one.

Regards ,
Vaulient

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Regards ,
Vaulient

Regards ,
Vaulient

Okay ill make a short list here with the main groups that are out there from their site they have a forum that links out to the other EMU communities running their code.

SWGEMU (swgemu.com) is developing Core3 which is a Pre-CU Emulator (publish 14.1) and is native to linux (Debian/Ubuntu).

SWGANH (swganh.com) developing mmoserver which is a Pre-CU Emulator (publish 14.1) and native to windows and recently made to work on Linux

Project SWG (projectswg.com) Previously a NGE EMU but changed to CU (publish 24) native to Linux

Those are really the top dogs in the community that have been around from the start and really lead the push of new updates however with the leak of SOE's code earlier this year SWG Reborn opened as the ONLY ones with a fully working NGE server with space and all expansions.

The full SOE source can be downloaded

!WILXnPuqs61PFIVwoo27MtxEyzdJGVyfc3T31kbmeJI

this is the code that SWG reborn runs on their server

As i said these are the larger groups there are many many more out their though that don't associate themselves with theses.

Last edited:
Reaction score
You realize that those files in the mega.co link will not work.
That they leaked only a crap version of the code.

I've also had my own files leaked in the Release section. Allowed for linux and windows both, the only version with windows capabilities.
They still have files on a community github account, but unfortunately they refused to take my advice and blow away the crapola they were using before committing only "partial" files into that repository.

swgemu.com is open source and has a community already (license agreements apply that make it unviable for a section)
swganh.com is open source and not worth the time to work with these files.
projectswg.com is open source, has a community already, and is no where near far enough along (license agreements apply that make it unviable for a section)

I'm not putting down the suggestion.
If I'm not mistaken: to get a section the files have to be working and players get into the game.
(My own work, even though you can get in game, is no where near complete enough. Nor do I expect people will actually put the "required" effort into finishing the work)

Interesting choice, but I've seen other releases that deserve sections far before this one does.

Just my 2 copper pieces.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
You realize that those files in the mega.co link will not work.
That they leaked only a crap version of the code.

they will work with the proper effort put into i personally have almost got to the point of logging into a local server and i can confirm it will work because this is what SWGReborn uses on their server.

I've also had my own files leaked in the Release section. Allowed for linux and windows both, the only version with windows capabilities.
They still have files on a community github account, but unfortunately they refused to take my advice and blow away the crapola they were using before committing only "partial" files into that repository.

i failed to see the relevance here you had SWG code leaked?

swgemu.com is open source and has a community already (license agreements apply that make it unviable for a section)
swganh.com is open source and not worth the time to work with these files.
projectswg.com is open source, has a community already, and is no where near far enough along (license agreements apply that make it unviable for a section)

although we cannot redistribute their files we can make this a place to share addons and custom content i have worked with SWGEMU's code many times from adding new quest lines, new planets, new cities, new weapons, new clothing/armor, and houses the process is long and a painful but anything is possible with the right amount of work.

I'm not putting down the suggestion.
If I'm not mistaken: to get a section the files have to be working and players get into the game.
(My own work, even though you can get in game, is no where near complete enough. Nor do I expect people will actually put the "required" effort into finishing the work)

Interesting choice, but I've seen other releases that deserve sections far before this one does.

Just my 2 copper pieces.

if im not mistaken sections like wow and l2j link out to their respective developer websites and RZ is a place to share such addon content and a VERY good place to ask for assistance so i dont see why that cant be the same for a SWG section. im not saying this should take a priority over another just there is a community out there for this game and some places can be fairly unhelpful compared to RZ.

i dont mean to be rude with anything above just if the closing argument is "it needs to be working" well i can post all day long about SWGEMU's and SWGANH's working code that is open source and even though pretty much anyone that knows what their talking about can say SWGEMU has the leading foot in the community doesn't mean their team wants to help others that wish run a small community server thats why there are places like RZ to be the goto home for such things.

Reaction score
i failed to see the relevance here you had SWG code leaked?

i dont mean to be rude with anything above just if the closing argument is "it needs to be working" well i can post all day long about SWGEMU's and SWGANH's working code that is open source and even though pretty much anyone that knows what their talking about can say SWGEMU has the leading foot in the community doesn't mean their team wants to help others that wish run a small community server thats why there are places like RZ to be the goto home for such things.

Honestly don't care about replying to the whole post, as it'll just look like we're disagreeing.

First part of what I quoted:
Fail to see the relevance? That means my code (which "just so happen to be leaked on this forum already") works far better than your mega.co.nz files... still wasn't good enough to do more than a small amount of game play. Doesn't qualify for a section. So why should the mega.co.nz links?

Second part of what I quoted:
There are forums dedicated to those "emulators" already. Why would we want to waste opportunity for a section on files that can already be found elsewhere, will be updated on the other site Far sooner than here, and this site wouldn't spend enough time using.

Again, like yourself, not arguing. Just 2 copper.

I truly understand your enthusiasm and have a bit for this myself.
Wasn't coming in here to sound like "the authority" on the subject.
Just happen to be the only person that ever got windows source code working.

Reaction score
@black12369 perhaps later (week or so). I'll gather what I have available and recreate a thread. In the meantime I have to much going on in other sections. This isn't a promise that I'll get to it, as it is my work that I plan on completing later. But I do love sharing and this Community is based on it. ;0)

And I guess updating post didn't work in this section. :(

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
black12369 perhaps later (week or so). I'll gather what I have available and recreate a thread. In the meantime I have to much going on in other sections. This isn't a promise that I'll get to it, as it is my work that I plan on completing later. But I do love sharing and this Community is based on it. ;0)

And I guess updating post didn't work in this section. :(

that's great to hear DNC! and thats why i love this community so much great people helping each other ill keep my eye out for your post in the mean time ill keep working on re engineering some of the content creation tools.

Reactions: DNC
◝(⁰▿⁰)◜Smile◝ (⁰▿⁰)◜
Developer
Reaction score
Very interesting first post (not) You should give us at least a reason why it should be added. Give us a proper reason.

Reactions: DNC
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Very interesting first post (not) You should give us at least a reason why it should be added. Give us a proper reason.

Why dose RZ have so many other subfourms? its for the advancement of that emulator and to have a place for those interested in that emulator to come and ask questions, share content, and help one another. whether its to support leaked code or another groups ground up developed code its always nice to have another place to go for help, content, or just advertising a private server. like i said above i love this community for its variety of seasoned devs and the open arms to help one another. im not saying it SHOULD be added but month by month there are more private servers opening i just think it would make a nice addition to this community.

Reaction score
Why dose RZ have so many other subfourms? its for the advancement of that emulator and to have a place for those interested in that emulator to come and ask questions, share content, and help one another. whether its to support leaked code or another groups ground up developed code its always nice to have another place to go for help, content, or just advertising a private server. like i said above i love this community for its variety of seasoned devs and the open arms to help one another. im not saying it SHOULD be added but month by month there are more private servers opening i just think it would make a nice addition to this community.

I agree with CodeDragon and can't believe I overlooked the lack of information in the primary post.

Sorry for not seeing and replying to your post sooner.

I think you are missing the point. There are so many other subsections due to having Working Releases. Meaning you can log into the game and actually do more than just walk around. Also they had a large number of Community members support and MentaL found it worthwhile to create a subsection.

As promised, there is a new "As-Is" Release thread created with files that are far better than what was previously available. Also, the previous release does not having valid working links and has been Closed for several weeks without activity. That lack of activity is a bad sign for investing time in creating a new section, imho anyhow.

Look for the new release and work with it if you'd like. When someone gets it working properly, perhaps MentaL will add a section.

Personally not investing time in the project as there is other work being done elsewhere.

Back