Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Non-MMORPG related Team Recruitment section

Super-Moderator
Staff member
Super-Moderator
Reaction score
Now and then there are non-MMORPG related Team Recruitment posts in the MMORPG Extra section. Non-related MMORPG related Team Recruitment posts are bing removed in the Evo section as well. So I've come with two options for a solution:

Option A: It would be handy if there would be an extra sub-section in the Evolution section of RaGEZONE for non-MMORPG related Team Recruitment threads. Now and then there are non-MMORPG related Team Recruitment posts in that section which are removed.

Option B: Allow non-MMORPG related team recruitment posts in "The Outerworld" section.

What are your thoughts?

[emoji848]
Legend
Reaction score
I had already written the same suggestion... Good that I checked first

I personally find it off-topic to post these in Coders Paradise as people there are primarily looking for help or to help others with programming related questions. Same for Outer World. It's not really the place for recruitment and disturbs the sections main topic.

So I'm all for an extra section or moving team recruitment out of MMO and splitting it into 2 sub sections:
  • MMO Related
  • None MMO Related

Reaction score
I had already written the same suggestion... Good that I checked first

I personally find it off-topic to post these in Coders Paradise as people there are primarily looking for help or to help others with programming related questions. Same for Outer World. It's not really the place for recruitment and disturbs the sections main topic.

So I'm all for an extra section or moving team recruitment out of MMO and splitting it into 2 sub sections:
  • MMO Related
  • None MMO Related

Coders Paradise's main section is not just a help section. There is no dedicated section for the thread I made so as far as I'm concerned, it's in the right section at the moment. If a dedicated sub-section for Programming Recruitment is made, then it can go there. The Team Recruitment section is for MMORPG, the Merchant Zone is for buying and selling. There essentially is no other place for it to go without it being out of place (at the time of posting). :p

Super-Moderator
Staff member
Super-Moderator
Reaction score
  • MMO Related
  • None MMO Related
I do think the Team Recruitment section in the MMORPG Extra section fits there really well, since it's a section dedicated to MMORPG in general (except for MMO games which have their own section).

I do agree team recruitment posts do not belong in the Outerworld section. It does look a bit "spammy", but I do think it's the best location if a separate section for non-MMORPG related team recruitment posts wouldn't be created. I also agree team recruitment posts do not belong in the Coders Paradise. Not because the section is meant for help requests in general, but because there are also non-coding related team recruitment posts (for example: a blog writer).

Reaction score
I also agree team recruitment posts do not belong in the Coders Paradise. Not because the section is meant for help requests in general, but because there are also non-coding related team recruitment posts (for example: a blog writer).

The way I see it at the moment:

Coders Paradise: Programming Recruitment
Team Recruitment: MMORPG Recruitment

There are so many types of recruitment so I guess a dedicated section, or sections, needs to be made.

[emoji848]
Legend
Reaction score
Maybe a sub-section in Coders Paradise for Team Recruitment would do?

On the other hand, having Team Recruitment subsections in MMO Extra, Outerworld AND Coders Paradise would be some mess I think... What's against putting a section "Team Recruitment" under EVO and subsection it with MMO / Programming / Others? Then the Team Recruitment would be at a central place.

Reaction score
How about option C where you simply put all team recruitment related threads, whether MMORPG or non-MMORPG, in the designated section under MMORPG, the team recruitment section is relatively dead (with some exception) due to it's very low daily activity, so putting all team recruitment related threads there wont affect the activity much but will make sure that there's a unified section for all team recruitment which in essence could provide a much larger pool of people that will be able to join your project should they find interest in it, it will also bring more exposure to every project due to all people who find interest in recruitment (whether they are recruiting or looking to join) will be there looking for a project they'd like.

Super-Moderator
Staff member
Super-Moderator
Reaction score
How about option C where you simply put all team recruitment related threads, whether MMORPG or non-MMORPG, in the designated section under MMORPG, the team recruitment section is relatively dead (with some exception) due to it's very low daily activity, so putting all team recruitment related threads there wont affect the activity much but will make sure that there's a unified section for all team recruitment which in essence could provide a much larger pool of people that will be able to join your project should they find interest in it, it will also bring more exposure to every project due to all people who find interest in recruitment (whether they are recruiting or looking to join) will be there looking for a project they'd like.
I understand what you're saying, but I personally am afraid people who notice the head section name (MMORPG Extra) won't post their non-MMORPG related team recruitment thread in that section, even though we allow it.

The activity in that section is relative low, but I do not believe we should allow all kind of team recruitment posts to be allowed just because of the population. In this scenario I agree with @Future to make a head section named "Team Recruitment" with two sub-sections in the Evo zone. But I am afraid the number of MMORPG related Team Recruitment posts will drastically reduce.

Ben

Developer - JS
Developer
Reaction score
The Outerworld is in my opinion a No-go as it just doesn't belong there and will only cause spam in that section, like the other people said.The best in my opinion would be a subcategorie in Coders Paradise as a website (in the known case) has nothing to do with MMO Extra and will prolly just be sitting there and being forgotten.If moderated strictly by the Coders Paradise Moderator, I don't see any issue not doing it.

[emoji848]
Legend
Reaction score
Well the problem I see with having multiple subsections WITH THE SAME NAME below different main sections is that it's very confusing for the users.
If you tell someone to post his topic in Team Recruitment, he prolly just posts it in the first sub section he finds having that name, whether it's coders paradise or MMO Extra.

And to be honest, I have quite a hard time finding Team Recruitment. I always search for it like a global section and then realize it's under MMO Extra. I wouldn't have put it there in the first place.

My suggestion would be:

Evolution Zone
Team Recruitment
MMO​
Coding​

So general recruitment could be done in the main section and MMO or Coding related recruitment in the respective sub section.

Super-Moderator
Staff member
Super-Moderator
Reaction score
Well the problem I see with having multiple subsections WITH THE SAME NAME below different main sections is that it's very confusing for the users.
If you tell someone to post his topic in Team Recruitment, he prolly just posts it in the first sub section he finds having that name, whether it's coders paradise or MMO Extra.

And to be honest, I have quite a hard time finding Team Recruitment. I always search for it like a global section and then realize it's under MMO Extra. I wouldn't have put it there in the first place.

My suggestion would be:

Evolution Zone
Team Recruitment
MMO​
Coding​

So general recruitment could be done in the main section and MMO or Coding related recruitment in the respective sub section.

I vouch for this.

Reaction score
I understand what you're saying, but I personally am afraid people who notice the head section name (MMORPG Extra) won't post their non-MMORPG related team recruitment thread in that section, even though we allow it.

The activity in that section is relative low, but I do not believe we should allow all kind of team recruitment posts to be allowed just because of the population. In this scenario I agree with @Future to make a head section named "Team Recruitment" with two sub-sections in the Evo zone. But I am afraid the number of MMORPG related Team Recruitment posts will drastically reduce.
Perhaps a standalone unified section for Team Recruitment instead? not bound to either coding, general projects or MMO.

My suggestion would be:

Evolution Zone
Team Recruitment
MMO​
Coding​

Honestly, your suggestion doesn't even make sense.
MMO team recruitment is both variety of different non-development positions and development. You just can't split the two.
What if a project requires Moderators, GMs, GFX artists and Developers? Will they have to create two different threads targeting the same user pool for different positions? Doesn't make sense to me.

Reaction score
My Personal opinion,
I feel there should be a secondary recruitment section for NON-MMO Related recruiting. In this day and time, People are interested in not just MMORPG making, but also website creations. And this could very well come in handy.
In my eyes this could also help extend and help RaGEZONE grow.
Even though RaGEZONE is mainly based as a MMORPG website, I don't see why it be too much of a problem to help build up the web coding part of the site.
I'd love to see RaGEZONE extend more within the coders development.
So I vouch for the idea for having another sub-section created for Other-Related recruitment, I'm more so also interested in seeing more activity within the website base of coding; Or heck, as Fufu says above, have tags for selective sections of what type of recruitment that you're posting over.

Last edited:
[emoji848]
Legend
Reaction score
My Personal opinion,
I feel there should be a secondary recruitment section for NON-MMO Related recruiting. In this day and time, People are interested in not just MMORPG making, but also website creations. And this could very well come in handy.
In my eyes this could also help extend and help RaGEZONE grow.
Even though RaGEZONE is mainly based as a MMORPG website, I see why it wouldn't be too much of a problem to help build up the web coding part of the site.
I'd love to see RaGEZONE extend more within the coders development.
So I vouch for the idea for having another sub-section created for Other-Related recruitment, I'm more so also interested in seeing more activity within the website base of coding; Or heck, as Fufu says above, have tags for selective sections of what type of recruitment that you're posting over.

I specially agree on an independent section boosting the activity on RZ. This way we'd even provide a platform for Team Recruitment that isn't anywhere related to other Forum topics. It could attract new people to the forum.

And I think RaGEZONE is on that way already with having sections like the Merchant zone, Free MMO advertisement or the whole Evo Section :eek:

Reaction score
Thanks for getting the discussion rolling. This is definitely a bit of an issue that I'd like to see addressed one way or another. Some potential solutions to add onto everyone else's:

1) Changes rules of Team Recruitment section to allow for non-MMO related projects.

2) Allow these kinds of threads in Coders' Paradise.

3) Create a new section for Team Recruitment.

4) Similar to #3, but make the Team Recruitment a sub-forum of Coders' Paradise or Team Recruitment. Making it a sub-forum of Coders' Paradise would limit the threads to coding-only; I don't think I'd recommend that.

Taking into account the above and what everyone else has contributed, I'm currently in favor of #3.

Proposed solution: We have team recruitment for MMOs in the MMO section. Let's add team recruitment for non-MMO related projects in the Outerworld. This would include coding opportunities as well as other potential positions, e.g. graphics designer, writer.
If we decide to go this route, we'll have to figure out if/how we want to separate "looking for team members" from "looking for X person for hire" threads between Merchant Zone and this new section.

The main problem with all this is that I'm not sure if the section would have enough activity to warrant its existence. There isn't a good section for this kind of thing right now, but I've only encountered a few threads in the past months that haven't been appropriate for the Merchant Zone or [MMO] Team Recruitment section. We don't want to create an entire new section just for it to be effectively dead on arrival.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Is the distinction between paid/non-paid important somehow?

From a high-level perspective, in my opinion, no. If you're looking for coders, you're looking for coders. Whether or not you pay them is between you and the coder.

What's meaningful here is that we technically have a somewhat appropriate section (Merchant Zone) if you're looking to spend money, e.g. on a programmer, but if you are not mentioning anything in regards to monetary compensation, then we don't have a section for that. If we set up some sort of new team recruitment section, it may make sense to direct all paid and non-paid opportunities to that new team recruitment forum section, rather than looking to hire people via the Merchant Zone.

I think there's enough of a difference - to have both a Team Recruitment section and Merchant Zone - between looking for someone to code something and looking to recruit a coder to a team. Or to paint it slightly differently, between looking for someone to make you a single image (buying an image) and looking to recruit a graphics designer to a team.

Super-Moderator
Staff member
Super-Moderator
Reaction score
I prefer to have two separate sections like @Future suggested, one for MMORPG related recruitments and one for non-related MMORPG recruitments. Not only for coders, but also other stuff. I've seen threads where people request a blogger, writer, designer, etc.

@MentaL may I ask for your opinion? :)

Back