Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Non-MMORPG related Team Recruitment section

Super-Moderator
Staff member
Super-Moderator
Reaction score
Now and then there are non-MMORPG related Team Recruitment posts in the MMORPG Extra section. Non-related MMORPG related Team Recruitment posts are bing removed in the Evo section as well. So I've come with two options for a solution:

Option A: It would be handy if there would be an extra sub-section in the Evolution section of RaGEZONE for non-MMORPG related Team Recruitment threads. Now and then there are non-MMORPG related Team Recruitment posts in that section which are removed.

Option B: Allow non-MMORPG related team recruitment posts in "The Outerworld" section.

What are your thoughts?

Super-Moderator
Staff member
Super-Moderator
Reaction score
How many non-mmo recruitment threads are there? Are you saying there are like 10+? 30+? 100+? Because honestly a small handful of 2 or 3 doesn't warrant a whole sub-section.

Sounds like the current team recruitment isn't as effective as hoped? I read a comment that it was pretty much dead, so we don't want to multiply that.

Maybe the team recruitment section needs to be moved to merchant zone. I mean, paid or not paid, its still "hiring" which fits merchant zone probably more than anywhere else. Then its not under MMO. Then you could just use thread tags, paid/unpaid, and what the recruting is for, mmo game or otherwise...

my thoughts anyway.

Super-Moderator
Staff member
Super-Moderator
Reaction score
How many non-mmo recruitment threads are there? Are you saying there are like 10+? 30+? 100+? Because honestly a small handful of 2 or 3 doesn't warrant a whole sub-section.
You are right. We don't have a lot of non-MMORPG relatedx recruitment threads. But I also share the opinion about increasing the activity in Coders Paradise (which I would love to be a part of, but I simply do not have the time to do that with my current duties on RaGEZONE and my full time job for now) and the Evo Section in general. Because of that I do not think we should focus on the activity we have now, but focus on expanding our possibilites on the forum (the non-MMO related stuff). Right now we could attempt that by adding one section. There's a chance it won't be worth the effort, I do keep that in mind. I do prefer to start with a small section which may lure new users to the forum who are looking for a project to work with/at.

Sounds like the current team recruitment isn't as effective as hoped? I read a comment that it was pretty much dead, so we don't want to multiply that.
I definitely wouldn't say it's dead. The people publicly responding isn't as high as I'm hoping, but new threads are being made weekly (talking about 3-4 threads at it's highest. But that is far from being a dead section)

Maybe the team recruitment section needs to be moved to merchant zone. I mean, paid or not paid, its still "hiring" which fits merchant zone probably more than anywhere else. Then its not under MMO. Then you could just use thread tags, paid/unpaid, and what the recruting is for, mmo game or otherwise...
That is an option as well. But I do not see a problem with keeping the paid positions in the Merchant Zone. I do not see a problem with having paid positions in the Team Recruitment section neither, but that is another discussion and a statement which haven't been well thought by me (because it is not relevant to the suggestion right now)

my thoughts anyway.
Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I appreciate it!

Coming back to my activity for that section (Coders Paradise); I'm a web developer and I would love to make some tutorials there when I can. I've actually been planning this and in the little free time I have - I'm busy creating a guide how to use a live-reload 'extension' using Gulp with SASS (SCSS).

In my defense: I am busy to start contributing there with the small amount of free time I have.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I definitely wouldn't say it's dead. The people publicly responding isn't as high as I'm hoping, but new threads are being made weekly (talking about 3-4 threads at it's highest. But that is far from being a dead section)

I highly disagree with you.
My thread (in Team Recruitment) is one of the most viewed threads there, and I constantly post in this section especially in my own thread but aside from that I regularly check this section and every thread that has new posts.

The Team Recruitment section, is in fact dead. 2 new threads (or relatively low amount of new posts) a week doesn't qualify it as active.

Team Recruitment, whether paid, unpaid, MMO-related, non MMO-related, development or GFX, doesn't really matter, it should be unified.
It's always better to have a large pool to select from, although the pool is very small it's still better than splitting it down and shrinking the small pool.

The amount of activity in this section does not justify making it a standalone section or even splitting it down to sub sections.

Also, the difference between Team Recruitment and the Merchant Zone is that if you need to hire someone for a project with a position (ideally continuous work) you'd look in the former, whereas if you are looking for a single script or a one-time job (i.e. buying a single article) you'd go to the latter.

Not directed at you but rather generally speaking, I honestly feel that people often lack common sense. This case requires very basic common sense and judgement skills, it's not complex nor is it confusing, in fact it's quite clear and simple.

Super-Moderator
Staff member
Super-Moderator
Reaction score
The Team Recruitment section, is in fact dead. 2 new threads (or relatively low amount of new posts) a week doesn't qualify it as active.
I never said it's active, but it's far from dead if you compare it to statistics from different sections.

The amount of activity in this section does not justify making it a standalone section or even splitting it down to sub sections.
The section is a standalone section already. The section will also not be splitted down into sub-sections. The suggestion is to create a separate section for non-MMO related team recruitments. Those recruitments are not being posted on RaGEZONE at all because there's no place where that can be posted.

Not directed at you but rather generally speaking, I honestly feel that people often lack common sense. This case requires very basic common sense and judgement skills, it's not complex nor is it confusing, in fact it's quite clear and simple.
Thank you for sharing your opinion. The fact that you think it's clear and simple and others not, is the reason why suggestions are being publicly shared. The idea is we all (most of us) will eventually agree with one decision.

Reaction score

my thoughts anyway.

Nicely put. You're mirroring my concerns here - while there should be a better place to put non-MMO related recruitment threads, I'm unconvinced there's enough of a need to warrant a new section. It would likely end up reasonably dead on arrival.

I like the notion of updating a preexisting section to better fit these types of recruitment threads - would ideally solve the problem while avoiding unnecessarily creating an entire new section (i.e. forum; sub-forum may still be a reasonable option). I think this should be thought over carefully though.

Many of the recruitment threads I've encountered in Coders' paradise, while reasonably low in quantity, have had the right idea of targeting the Coders' Paradise audience. The threads make sense in that regard. If a brand new section were to be created, it would ideally gather attention from users that may be interested in joining a team.

The Merchant Zone poses a potential problem here, though. It's not as intuitive a place to look for a team as is the MMO team recruitment section, or the coders' paradise section. In those two sections, you can make a "project recruitment" thread, and you're likely targeting the general audience you want to target, even if your thread doesn't quite fit in with all the guidelines.

If we opened up the Merchant Zone for broader team recruitment threads, I'd be worried that these threads would be very much ignored, or to put it differently, they just plain wouldn't reach the majority of their target audience. "Why should I look at the Merchant Zone if I want to be recruited by or join a team?" is the hurdle that would need to be overcome, or else there's not even any point in opening up team recruitment in the Merchant Zone to begin with.

Coders' Paradise, MMO Team Recruitment, and even The Portfolio to some extent all seem like places where team recruitment makes some sense, outside of the fact that they don't quite fit into those sections right now. Is there a way we can solve this to the benefit of teams looking to recruit, users interested in joining teams, and RZ not looking to create a dead-on-arrival forum section?

Last edited:
Back