Non-MMORPG related Team Recruitment section

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 26
  1. #1
    MMO Supervisor Biesmen is offline
    SupervisorRank
    Apr 2007 Join Date
    2,123Posts

    Non-MMORPG related Team Recruitment section


    RaGEZONE Recommends

    RaGEZONE Recommends

    Now and then there are non-MMORPG related Team Recruitment posts in the MMORPG Extra section. Non-related MMORPG related Team Recruitment posts are bing removed in the Evo section as well. So I've come with two options for a solution:

    Option A: It would be handy if there would be an extra sub-section in the Evolution section of RaGEZONE for non-MMORPG related Team Recruitment threads. Now and then there are non-MMORPG related Team Recruitment posts in that section which are removed.

    Option B: Allow non-MMORPG related team recruitment posts in "The Outerworld" section.

    What are your thoughts?
    Forum Rules | Account Support | Subscribe
    RaGEZONE Facebook

    "The reason why people give up so fast is because they tend to look at how far they still have to go, instead of how far they have gotten."


  2. #2
    "(still lacks brains)" NoBrain is offline
    ModeratorRank
    Sep 2011 Join Date
    United KingdomLocation
    2,698Posts

    Re: Non-MMORPG related Team Recruitment section

    I was actually planning to do one of these threads. Damn you Biesman :)

    +1 to the idea though, prefer Option A.
    Last edited by NoBrain; 30-05-16 at 03:21 PM.

  3. #3
    Non-MMORPG related Team Recruitment section Future is offline
    SupervisorRank
    Dec 2011 Join Date
    1,906Posts

    Re: Non-MMORPG related Team Recruitment section

    I had already written the same suggestion... Good that I checked first

    I personally find it off-topic to post these in Coders Paradise as people there are primarily looking for help or to help others with programming related questions. Same for Outer World. It's not really the place for recruitment and disturbs the sections main topic.

    So I'm all for an extra section or moving team recruitment out of MMO and splitting it into 2 sub sections:
    • MMO Related
    • None MMO Related


    Quote Originally Posted by A Wise Man
    P-Servers are NOT dead. Bugs need squishing. Quests need fixing. Unfortunately, majority of people don't know the difference between a computer and a toaster so...

  4. #4
    "(still lacks brains)" NoBrain is offline
    ModeratorRank
    Sep 2011 Join Date
    United KingdomLocation
    2,698Posts

    Re: Non-MMORPG related Team Recruitment section

    Quote Originally Posted by Future View Post
    I had already written the same suggestion... Good that I checked first

    I personally find it off-topic to post these in Coders Paradise as people there are primarily looking for help or to help others with programming related questions. Same for Outer World. It's not really the place for recruitment and disturbs the sections main topic.

    So I'm all for an extra section or moving team recruitment out of MMO and splitting it into 2 sub sections:
    • MMO Related
    • None MMO Related
    Coders Paradise's main section is not just a help section. There is no dedicated section for the thread I made so as far as I'm concerned, it's in the right section at the moment. If a dedicated sub-section for Programming Recruitment is made, then it can go there. The Team Recruitment section is for MMORPG, the Merchant Zone is for buying and selling. There essentially is no other place for it to go without it being out of place (at the time of posting). :P

  5. #5
    MMO Supervisor Biesmen is offline
    SupervisorRank
    Apr 2007 Join Date
    2,123Posts

    Re: Non-MMORPG related Team Recruitment section

    Quote Originally Posted by Future View Post
    So I'm all for an extra section or moving team recruitment out of MMO and splitting it into 2 sub sections:
    • MMO Related
    • None MMO Related
    I do think the Team Recruitment section in the MMORPG Extra section fits there really well, since it's a section dedicated to MMORPG in general (except for MMO games which have their own section).

    I do agree team recruitment posts do not belong in the Outerworld section. It does look a bit "spammy", but I do think it's the best location if a separate section for non-MMORPG related team recruitment posts wouldn't be created. I also agree team recruitment posts do not belong in the Coders Paradise. Not because the section is meant for help requests in general, but because there are also non-coding related team recruitment posts (for example: a blog writer).
    Forum Rules | Account Support | Subscribe
    RaGEZONE Facebook

    "The reason why people give up so fast is because they tend to look at how far they still have to go, instead of how far they have gotten."

  6. #6
    "(still lacks brains)" NoBrain is offline
    ModeratorRank
    Sep 2011 Join Date
    United KingdomLocation
    2,698Posts

    Re: Non-MMORPG related Team Recruitment section

    Quote Originally Posted by Biesmen View Post
    I also agree team recruitment posts do not belong in the Coders Paradise. Not because the section is meant for help requests in general, but because there are also non-coding related team recruitment posts (for example: a blog writer).
    The way I see it at the moment:

    Coders Paradise: Programming Recruitment
    Team Recruitment: MMORPG Recruitment

    There are so many types of recruitment so I guess a dedicated section, or sections, needs to be made.

  7. #7
    Non-MMORPG related Team Recruitment section Future is offline
    SupervisorRank
    Dec 2011 Join Date
    1,906Posts

    Re: Non-MMORPG related Team Recruitment section

    Maybe a sub-section in Coders Paradise for Team Recruitment would do?

    On the other hand, having Team Recruitment subsections in MMO Extra, Outerworld AND Coders Paradise would be some mess I think... What's against putting a section "Team Recruitment" under EVO and subsection it with MMO / Programming / Others? Then the Team Recruitment would be at a central place.


    Quote Originally Posted by A Wise Man
    P-Servers are NOT dead. Bugs need squishing. Quests need fixing. Unfortunately, majority of people don't know the difference between a computer and a toaster so...

  8. #8
    Gold subscription Snopboy is offline
    Gold SubscriberRank
    Sep 2011 Join Date
    Kerning PQLocation
    988Posts

    Re: Non-MMORPG related Team Recruitment section

    How about option C where you simply put all team recruitment related threads, whether MMORPG or non-MMORPG, in the designated section under MMORPG, the team recruitment section is relatively dead (with some exception) due to it's very low daily activity, so putting all team recruitment related threads there wont affect the activity much but will make sure that there's a unified section for all team recruitment which in essence could provide a much larger pool of people that will be able to join your project should they find interest in it, it will also bring more exposure to every project due to all people who find interest in recruitment (whether they are recruiting or looking to join) will be there looking for a project they'd like.
    PHP<3
    Looking for PHP developers for code reviews, PM me

  9. #9
    MMO Supervisor Biesmen is offline
    SupervisorRank
    Apr 2007 Join Date
    2,123Posts

    Re: Non-MMORPG related Team Recruitment section

    Quote Originally Posted by kingslime View Post
    How about option C where you simply put all team recruitment related threads, whether MMORPG or non-MMORPG, in the designated section under MMORPG, the team recruitment section is relatively dead (with some exception) due to it's very low daily activity, so putting all team recruitment related threads there wont affect the activity much but will make sure that there's a unified section for all team recruitment which in essence could provide a much larger pool of people that will be able to join your project should they find interest in it, it will also bring more exposure to every project due to all people who find interest in recruitment (whether they are recruiting or looking to join) will be there looking for a project they'd like.
    I understand what you're saying, but I personally am afraid people who notice the head section name (MMORPG Extra) won't post their non-MMORPG related team recruitment thread in that section, even though we allow it.

    The activity in that section is relative low, but I do not believe we should allow all kind of team recruitment posts to be allowed just because of the population. In this scenario I agree with @Future to make a head section named "Team Recruitment" with two sub-sections in the Evo zone. But I am afraid the number of MMORPG related Team Recruitment posts will drastically reduce.
    Forum Rules | Account Support | Subscribe
    RaGEZONE Facebook

    "The reason why people give up so fast is because they tend to look at how far they still have to go, instead of how far they have gotten."

  10. #10
    C# - Java - Notepad Ben is offline
    ModeratorRank
    Jul 2013 Join Date
    BelguimLocation
    1,229Posts

    Re: Non-MMORPG related Team Recruitment section

    The Outerworld is in my opinion a No-go as it just doesn't belong there and will only cause spam in that section, like the other people said.The best in my opinion would be a subcategorie in Coders Paradise as a website (in the known case) has nothing to do with MMO Extra and will prolly just be sitting there and being forgotten.If moderated strictly by the Coders Paradise Moderator, I don't see any issue not doing it.

  11. #11
    Non-MMORPG related Team Recruitment section Future is offline
    SupervisorRank
    Dec 2011 Join Date
    1,906Posts

    Re: Non-MMORPG related Team Recruitment section

    Well the problem I see with having multiple subsections WITH THE SAME NAME below different main sections is that it's very confusing for the users.
    If you tell someone to post his topic in Team Recruitment, he prolly just posts it in the first sub section he finds having that name, whether it's coders paradise or MMO Extra.

    And to be honest, I have quite a hard time finding Team Recruitment. I always search for it like a global section and then realize it's under MMO Extra. I wouldn't have put it there in the first place.

    My suggestion would be:

    Evolution Zone
    Team Recruitment
    MMO
    Coding


    So general recruitment could be done in the main section and MMO or Coding related recruitment in the respective sub section.


    Quote Originally Posted by A Wise Man
    P-Servers are NOT dead. Bugs need squishing. Quests need fixing. Unfortunately, majority of people don't know the difference between a computer and a toaster so...

  12. #12
    MMO Supervisor Biesmen is offline
    SupervisorRank
    Apr 2007 Join Date
    2,123Posts

    Re: Non-MMORPG related Team Recruitment section

    Quote Originally Posted by Future View Post
    Well the problem I see with having multiple subsections WITH THE SAME NAME below different main sections is that it's very confusing for the users.
    If you tell someone to post his topic in Team Recruitment, he prolly just posts it in the first sub section he finds having that name, whether it's coders paradise or MMO Extra.

    And to be honest, I have quite a hard time finding Team Recruitment. I always search for it like a global section and then realize it's under MMO Extra. I wouldn't have put it there in the first place.

    My suggestion would be:

    Evolution Zone
    Team Recruitment
    MMO
    Coding


    So general recruitment could be done in the main section and MMO or Coding related recruitment in the respective sub section.
    I vouch for this.
    Forum Rules | Account Support | Subscribe
    RaGEZONE Facebook

    "The reason why people give up so fast is because they tend to look at how far they still have to go, instead of how far they have gotten."

  13. #13
    Gold subscription Snopboy is offline
    Gold SubscriberRank
    Sep 2011 Join Date
    Kerning PQLocation
    988Posts

    Re: Non-MMORPG related Team Recruitment section

    Quote Originally Posted by Biesmen View Post
    I understand what you're saying, but I personally am afraid people who notice the head section name (MMORPG Extra) won't post their non-MMORPG related team recruitment thread in that section, even though we allow it.

    The activity in that section is relative low, but I do not believe we should allow all kind of team recruitment posts to be allowed just because of the population. In this scenario I agree with @Future to make a head section named "Team Recruitment" with two sub-sections in the Evo zone. But I am afraid the number of MMORPG related Team Recruitment posts will drastically reduce.
    Perhaps a standalone unified section for Team Recruitment instead? not bound to either coding, general projects or MMO.

    Quote Originally Posted by Future View Post
    Well the problem I see with having multiple subsections WITH THE SAME NAME below different main sections is that it's very confusing for the users.
    If you tell someone to post his topic in Team Recruitment, he prolly just posts it in the first sub section he finds having that name, whether it's coders paradise or MMO Extra.

    And to be honest, I have quite a hard time finding Team Recruitment. I always search for it like a global section and then realize it's under MMO Extra. I wouldn't have put it there in the first place.

    My suggestion would be:

    Evolution Zone
    Team Recruitment
    MMO
    Coding


    So general recruitment could be done in the main section and MMO or Coding related recruitment in the respective sub section.
    Honestly, your suggestion doesn't even make sense.
    MMO team recruitment is both variety of different non-development positions and development. You just can't split the two.
    What if a project requires Moderators, GMs, GFX artists and Developers? Will they have to create two different threads targeting the same user pool for different positions? Doesn't make sense to me.
    PHP<3
    Looking for PHP developers for code reviews, PM me

  14. #14
    Babylon the Great Droppy is offline
    DeveloperRank
    Feb 2012 Join Date
    /home/droppyLocation
    1,947Posts

    Re: Non-MMORPG related Team Recruitment section

    Great idea, if it's not possible to add another recruitment section, maybe just enable the use of [Non-MMO] tag... would not be as nice as with it's own section, but it's an idea.

    Subscribe | Rules
    PM Me | Add Me

    Developer / Ex-Moderator



  15. #15
    はじめまして Henmoro is offline
    DeveloperRank
    Aug 2010 Join Date
    ♏ḁԻṧLocation
    1,101Posts

    Re: Non-MMORPG related Team Recruitment section

    My Personal opinion,
    I feel there should be a secondary recruitment section for NON-MMO Related recruiting. In this day and time, People are interested in not just MMORPG making, but also website creations. And this could very well come in handy.
    In my eyes this could also help extend and help RaGEZONE grow.
    Even though RaGEZONE is mainly based as a MMORPG website, I don't see why it be too much of a problem to help build up the web coding part of the site.
    I'd love to see RaGEZONE extend more within the coders development.
    So I vouch for the idea for having another sub-section created for Other-Related recruitment, I'm more so also interested in seeing more activity within the website base of coding; Or heck, as Fufu says above, have tags for selective sections of what type of recruitment that you're posting over.
    Last edited by Henmoro; 30-05-16 at 08:31 PM.
    No wind favors he who has no destined port.




Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Advertisement