Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Mods to leave messages when they...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
When we get a thread deleted, could I please request that a mod has to leave you a message why? I was recruiting a Packet Sniffer (Which is allowed in this forum) Does not involve wz editing bla bla bla. Yeah so I don't know what I did wrong so it would be handy if mods told us why

Thanks,
Daniel

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Where is this rule that states recruiting a packer sniffer is allowed?

Wth, I've seen P-Sniffers be recruiting before, maybe it's time to re-read >< Still though, I didn't know and a mod could of left a message.

We are Maverick!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Nope.

If you post appropriately then your posts/threads don't get deleted. Obviously recruiting a packet sniffer is against the rules if the thread got deleted.

This seems more like a complaint than a suggestion.

Evil Scottish Overlord
Legend
Reaction score
Mods shouldn't have to explain their actions. If you want to know why your post/thread got deleted then go read the rules and see why. Mods are janitors, not clerical workers.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Mod's should be able to delete threads when they want.

Reaction score
Absolutely not. When i was a mod, I distinctly remember often deleting 20-50 threads at once. As if a moderator's job isn't difficult enough without having to type out a "report log" on each and every thread they delete.

Here's a good indication though - if your thread gets deleted, then it's probably not allowed!

Super-Moderator
Staff member
Super-Moderator
Reaction score
So does this mean you are requesting an infraction for each thread that is deleted? Because, technically if it is breaking the rules it can get an infraction.

The infraction system is really the only means that I know of that vBulletin would have to facilitate such a request.

I personally don't think that would be a good idea.

bleh....
Loyal Member
Reaction score
he means when someones delete an thread = leave reason why you deleted the thread.

No, he means for the Mod to message them. If he meant what you are saying, it would be pointless because regular members can't see deleted threads, nor can they see the remarks we leave when we delete the threads.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Don't post unless it's positive please. And I read the rules, theres no place saying no recruiting packet sniffers?

Reaction score
Don't post unless agreeing with you? Gotta be kidding again.

Considering how slow rz is, you want mods to spend like 5 minutes at each thread deleting it and kindly explaining the retarded user what the did wrong?

When someone delete a thread, is because he knows the thread is wrong in some way, not because he likes to click the shiny delete button, mods usually know their sections and its rules best. It's up to you to find what was wrong with it, usually by reading the rules or by using the common sense. If you are hundrer percent sure that if was his fault to delete it pm him asking why, and I'm sure he would tell you the reason why he did it and you can both come to some solution. If you think he did it because he's "omg abusing power hungry mods no liek me" go moan at the reds.

---------- Post added at 09:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:09 AM ----------

Meh just read the whole thread and rish and laz basically said it already.

Reaction score
Don't post unless it's positive please. And I read the rules, theres no place saying no recruiting packet sniffers?

Just because it's omitted from the rules, doesn't mean it's allowed. The rules don't say "Do not hack us" but I'm pretty sure that's not allowed either.

Does the law say "don't chase a 12 year old girl down the street with a lawnmower while wearing a top hat"? No, it does not. But just because it has been omitted from the state/federal law, doesn't mean it's legal/allowed.

Reaction score
Pretty sure there is nothing I can add to the thread which has not already been said/explained...

So I'll leave you with this:

Crash

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back