View Poll Results: Would you like a News/Current Events section?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yay

10 62.50%
  • Nay

6 37.50%

News/Current Events section

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

News/Current Events section

RaGEZONE Recommends

RaGEZONE Recommends

I think it would be nice to have a News/Current Events section, if not as its own section as a sub-section of the Outerworld. I read a lot of news stories and have nowhere to share them other than here so rather than flooding the Outerworld with them I figured a news section might be beneficial. I'm not sure if this has been tried out in the past or not, but figured I might mention it and see what you guys as-well as @MentaL thought.

GammaRank
    Jul 2007 Join Date
    3,317Posts

Re: News/Current Events section

Only if topics in that section would be [tagged]. Like [Politics], [Technology], [Games], [Sports], etc.

Quote Originally Posted by 404 View Post
    Only if topics in that section would be [tagged]. Like [Politics], [Technology], [Games], [Sports], etc.
    Yes, I like that idea it would definitely help keep it a lot more organized.

SupervisorRank
    Dec 2011 Join Date
    1,567Posts

Lots of things happening these days. Would definitely make sense and boost activity in Evo (I guess that's where one would put it) and ease Outerworld.

Quote Originally Posted by A Wise Man
    P-Servers are NOT dead. Bugs need squishing. Quests need fixing. Unfortunately, majority of people don't know the difference between a computer and a toaster so...

I'm just trying to remember if we already tried this out before or not is all.

Seems like I vaguely remember a News section that didn't turn out but even if so why not give it another shot?

Gold SubscriberRank
    Jan 2013 Join Date
    United KingdomLocation
    344Posts

It would be nice to have such section on the forum.

GammaRank
    Jul 2007 Join Date
    3,317Posts

News section was done before, but it was only done before with "Gaming" news.

Quote Originally Posted by 404 View Post
    News section was done before, but it was only done before with "Gaming" news.
    Ah that's what it was.

I thought I remembered something to do with news just wasn't sure exactly.

2 weeks later...?

LegendRank
    Aug 2010 Join Date
    2,317Posts

Personally, I'd like to see some more votes.
    IXXI

The OmegaRank
    Aug 2011 Join Date
    8,633Posts

Think it will end up getting cluttered. Or just dead.

Worth a try though.
    If you are using Arcturus, contact me
    Doing stuff on teamviewer. Come join. m04-900-876

Pink PantherRank
    Jan 2007 Join Date
    11,561Posts

Post your news items in outerworld. Just post in a way that makes it a topic of discussion instead of here is some information : splat.

I think a new subsection would be a really horrible idea, because outerworld really isn't that busy to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by Madison View Post
    Post your news items in outerworld. Just post in a way that makes it a topic of discussion instead of here is some information : splat.

I think a new subsection would be a really horrible idea, because outerworld really isn't that busy to begin with.
    Well I think also posting news stories would bring more traffic to Ragezone because of people searching them on Google, Ragezone would potentially pop up in the results and could be more incentive for new members to register and post, if there was a special subsection dedicated to a specific format of posting them rather than just the general Outerworld.

I don't know I'm just trying to think of what's best for Ragezone and I personally don't see why it would hurt to at least try.

SubscriberRank
    Apr 2012 Join Date
    EnglandLocation
    2,146Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justice For All View Post
    Well I think also posting news stories would bring more traffic to Ragezone because of people searching them on Google, Ragezone would potentially pop up in the results and could be more incentive for new members to register and post, if there was a special subsection dedicated to a specific format of posting them rather than just the general Outerworld.

I don't know I'm just trying to think of what's best for Ragezone and I personally don't see why it would hurt to at least try.

What you're suggesting is abit silly, RaGEZONE won't get enough traffic to even be that high up on the search engines, when people search for news they'll be searching for the most trusted sources, BBC etc, all big names. You're suggesting that RaGEZONE tries to compete with all these?

The activity in the outerworld at the moment is dire, creating a new subsection will only flush threads further back.

Nevermind. Delete post.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Advertisement