Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

News/Current Events section

Slothstronaut
Reaction score
I think it would be nice to have a News/Current Events section, if not as its own section as a sub-section of the Outerworld. I read a lot of news stories and have nowhere to share them other than here so rather than flooding the Outerworld with them I figured a news section might be beneficial. I'm not sure if this has been tried out in the past or not, but figured I might mention it and see what you guys as-well as @MentaL thought.

Slothstronaut
Reaction score
Only if topics in that section would be [tagged]. Like [Politics], [Technology], [Games], [Sports], etc.

Yes, I like that idea it would definitely help keep it a lot more organized.

[emoji848]
Legend
Reaction score
Lots of things happening these days. Would definitely make sense and boost activity in Evo (I guess that's where one would put it) and ease Outerworld. :thumbup1:

Slothstronaut
Reaction score
I'm just trying to remember if we already tried this out before or not is all.

Seems like I vaguely remember a News section that didn't turn out but even if so why not give it another shot?

Super-Moderator
Staff member
Super-Moderator
Reaction score
Post your news items in outerworld. Just post in a way that makes it a topic of discussion instead of here is some information : splat.

I think a new subsection would be a really horrible idea, because outerworld really isn't that busy to begin with.

Slothstronaut
Reaction score
Post your news items in outerworld. Just post in a way that makes it a topic of discussion instead of here is some information : splat.

I think a new subsection would be a really horrible idea, because outerworld really isn't that busy to begin with.

Well I think also posting news stories would bring more traffic to Ragezone because of people searching them on Google, Ragezone would potentially pop up in the results and could be more incentive for new members to register and post, if there was a special subsection dedicated to a specific format of posting them rather than just the general Outerworld.

I don't know I'm just trying to think of what's best for Ragezone and I personally don't see why it would hurt to at least try.

Reaction score
Well I think also posting news stories would bring more traffic to Ragezone because of people searching them on Google, Ragezone would potentially pop up in the results and could be more incentive for new members to register and post, if there was a special subsection dedicated to a specific format of posting them rather than just the general Outerworld.

I don't know I'm just trying to think of what's best for Ragezone and I personally don't see why it would hurt to at least try.

What you're suggesting is abit silly, RaGEZONE won't get enough traffic to even be that high up on the search engines, when people search for news they'll be searching for the most trusted sources, BBC etc, all big names. You're suggesting that RaGEZONE tries to compete with all these?

The activity in the outerworld at the moment is dire, creating a new subsection will only flush threads further back.

Super-Moderator
Staff member
Super-Moderator
Reaction score
Just post in outerworld. People post news stuff there all the time. It needs more posts already.

because it would take traffic away from outerworld.

Then what do you propose people post in outerworld exactly? relationship advice questions? If we section things off too much then there isn't a reason to be there.

Back