Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Policy On Known Thiefs

Status
Not open for further replies.
SK CREATIONS
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I would like to know if I am allowed to create a thread warning users of the designer xDrac.
This designer has been creating copies of my own designs and selling them.

One clear example can be found here

My design created over a year ago

Xdracs Copy created in the last few months.

Whats worse is the user openly denies he copied with the excuse he created every part him self:bird:

I just dont want fellow ragezone members being duped by this user and getting copies of my work and paying him for the privilege. Why he is not as active in RZ as he once was any ability to halt him from defrauding people even if small is worth my time.

I dont mind people using my work for inspiration but there is a clear line between being inspired and creating a copy. Something xDrac seems to fail to understand with his recent comments to me in a skype convo

• ♠️​ ♦️ ♣️ ​♥️ •
Reaction score
I think, it's still inspiration by your art and not stealing. I do not see any 'strongly' copied parts. The blurry lightning looks similar, but the whole art of both of you are looking unique and not similar.

SK CREATIONS
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Its funny how you said you think its still inspiration yet we have never spoke and even wierdier that was xdracs lame excuse.

The design is an obvoius copy and not inspired. It is like making a poor copy of a davinci and saying you was inspired and selling it. Inspiration is being inspired to create your own work not creating a near copy. Also he is charging clients for a design he does not own.

Reaction score
I have to agree with VibeTribe, they do not really look alike, only by colour scheme and the blurry lighting and the white-green stripes. If anybody uses this stripes you can't instantly assume they're copying you. Yes he obviously got inspiration from your design as they are very good.

SK CREATIONS
Loyal Member
Reaction score
There is actually a version with a solid image i showed . It was the ealier version of this work.

Also people should look. if you eplace my top with his you would barely notice a difference.. even the media player and the under bar for who posted that news is identical. Icons the same , layout the same, colour scheme the same, brush stroked footer and middle.area. lol even down to how the community feed text and colour is the same. The footer aswell is a clear copy.

Reaction score
I think, it's still inspiration by your art and not stealing. I do not see any 'strongly' copied parts. The blurry lightning looks similar, but the whole art of both of you are looking unique and not similar.

It's not inspiration, this is pure copying of the general design of it all.

• ♠️​ ♦️ ♣️ ​♥️ •
Reaction score
Its funny how you said you think its still inspiration yet we have never spoke and even wierdier that was xdracs lame excuse.

The design is an obvoius copy and not inspired. It is like making a poor copy of a davinci and saying you was inspired and selling it. Inspiration is being inspired to create your own work not creating a near copy. Also he is charging clients for a design he does not own.

I shared my personal opinion. When looking to it in the first point it might look like a copy, however it's still drawn by himself, because the details are different.

And by the way, without knowing any of you both, 'the poor copy' looks better in my eyes. However, at your last point I agree, when selling it, it should not be so near of any design. It's hard to decide the right side now, because as I said, the copy got much work into the creation for sure (because it's not copy/paste), but as said above the overall look is quite the same, but there are still many differences.

EDIT:
It's not inspiration, this is pure copying of the general design of it all.
the general design, that's what I called overall look in this post. I was more referring to the details of the art in my first post. Perhaps when money comes into it, I think it's too far to look only for details.

Last edited:
SK CREATIONS
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Just because a design is not copy pasted does not mean its not a copy. If irecreate one of his designs it does not make that design mine as i am copying his work. The same can be said about copying a friends home work. Just becausr its in your handwriting does not make it yours

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Well at first shot it doesn't look like pure copy, but if you look closer you will see few elements as inspiration from Sir Kidd

so afterall

Sirkid you should be proud u created good design enough and other use's it as inspiration, but yea f... copycats so i get the point of this thread.

Just my opinion.

Now you can tag me!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I'd say this is copying, and he definitely shouldn't be allowed to sell this here.. Although he made some edits to it.

Code:
Off topic.. How did you learn to design like that? I've been using photoshop for several years, but web designing is still tricky for me.. I've even had photoshop classes ( although not web design related. )

Pessimistic butt@%&!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Not to be an butt or anything just to point out the obvious....

Your design has no copyright on it anywhere...doesn't that mean its fair game?

Reaction score
Its a pretty obvious inspiration, though I have to say its not really a stolen design. Too much was changed for it to really be "stolen". Unless he somehow obtained your PSD for the design and used it without your permission to recreate this, then it just is in no way, shape, or form, stolen.

Don't get me wrong, some parts are obvious copies, but in my opinion too much has been tweaked for it to be a direct copy and considered stolen. Stolen is taking what you have, changing the text, and then claiming ownership of the entire design. He didn't do that here.

2D > 3D
Loyal Member
Reaction score
This is a forum based completely on leaks, I see no reason why graphic pieces are any different from server files. Even if he did (note the italics) outright steal your design, why would it change anything?

Many of my 3D models and ingame interface structures have been stolen, edited, and some even have had a price tag thrown on them; the funniest part being I have never made a single dime off my work.

Just because he copies ('copy' taken very very lightly) you does not mean we should ban him from selling his work, and even if he was using your own files and reselling them, I see no problem. In a place like this, you have to be careful who you sell to.

Note: Those designs you presented do not even look remotely similar. If this is the proof you are trying to tarnish this guy's reputation with, well, I think you should go back to the drawing board.

@xDrac, you have my support bro. If what you are doing breaks copyright, well, I guess I should be awaiting the lawsuits any day now.

Last edited:
SK CREATIONS
Loyal Member
Reaction score
This is a forum based completely on leaks, I see no reason why graphic pieces are any different from server files. Even if he did (note the italics) outright steal your design, why would it change anything?

Many of my 3D models and ingame interface structures have been stolen, edited, and some even have had a price tag thrown on them; the funniest part being I have never made a single dime off my work.

Just because he copies ('copy' taken very very lightly) you does not mean we should ban him from selling his work, and even if he was using your own files and reselling them, I see no problem. In a place like this, you have to be careful who you sell to.

Note: Those designs you presented do not even look remotely similar. If this is the proof you are trying to tarnish this guy's reputation with, well, I think you should go back to the drawing board.

@xDrac, you have my support bro. If what you are doing breaks copyright, well, I guess I should be awaiting the lawsuits any day now.

The design is a clear copy of my work and does infringe on my work. Why the user does not directly use any content from my design he has coped nearly every detail and part.
The navigation
- Why the area was made darker it uses the exact same concept and even uses the same style of showing how something is selected. Even down to the faded underline dividing the two areas.

The Header- Uses the exact same style and concept and look mine uses. Other than having used a slightly different brushes it is clear to see he simply tried to replicate mine but used a full image header [Something I also have a version of this design with and was shown for a short time] LOL even the dip of the brush above the news area is copied.
Icons
- Well the icons used again are an obvious copy of my own why slightly lesser. And why I can not own these the way he has used them shows again he copied my work

News Area.
The news area even down to how certain parts of the news text is bold and the rest not. Even down to the pointed drop box showing who posted is clearly copied from my design.

Media Player
Again what can I say. Every part is a clear copy of my own work design. This video launcher was created by myself and is not a public video launcher so he would not have simply found it else where.

Community Posts.
Even the way the colours have been placed on the text are a match.

Footer.
The footer again is a copy of my own just using slightly different brush strokes. Even who the two areas of the footer are divided are the same.

Finally even down to the dot pattern used ontop of the green and blue fadding has been replicated.

Why one part itself can not be said to be copy writable the design as a whole belongs to myself and he has simply replicated.

Simply because he recreates the design does not make it his.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

He is making money off of the designs. The server files were never bought or purchased by anyone on RZ. There is a difference between them both.

It would be a different thing if he was just spreading(leaking) the designs without making money off of it.

I am with kid with this. It isn't right that he is stealing his work without his permission.

SK CREATIONS
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Also another way I see it.

If you was to purchase a design from some one pay like $200+ for the work just to find out he copied some one elses work . Would you be happy and would you just go "Ow well". I bet 100% there is not a person in this thread who would.

No one would be happy having paid for a design to find out it was copied from another artist. I can assure you even the most borderline people in this thread would be the first to be getting a chargeback to regain the money.

Remember also the user more likely paid MORE for this than he would have with me as my designs go around $60 to $150 where xdrac starts around $200+ So not only did you pay for a copied design you paid more than if you would have got it from the person the design was copied from.

• ♠️​ ♦️ ♣️ ​♥️ •
Reaction score
The design is a clear copy of my work and does infringe on my work. Why the user does not directly use any content from my design he has coped nearly every detail and part.
The navigation
- Why the area was made darker it uses the exact same concept and even uses the same style of showing how something is selected. Even down to the faded underline dividing the two areas.

The Header- Uses the exact same style and concept and look mine uses. Other than having used a slightly different brushes it is clear to see he simply tried to replicate mine but used a full image header [Something I also have a version of this design with and was shown for a short time] LOL even the dip of the brush above the news area is copied.
Icons
- Well the icons used again are an obvious copy of my own why slightly lesser. And why I can not own these the way he has used them shows again he copied my work

News Area.
The news area even down to how certain parts of the news text is bold and the rest not. Even down to the pointed drop box showing who posted is clearly copied from my design.

Media Player
Again what can I say. Every part is a clear copy of my own work design. This video launcher was created by myself and is not a public video launcher so he would not have simply found it else where.

Community Posts.
Even the way the colours have been placed on the text are a match.

Footer.
The footer again is a copy of my own just using slightly different brush strokes. Even who the two areas of the footer are divided are the same.

Finally even down to the dot pattern used ontop of the green and blue fadding has been replicated.

Why one part itself can not be said to be copy writable the design as a whole belongs to myself and he has simply replicated.

Simply because he recreates the design does not make it his.
Excuse me but ...

The navigation: He has not the same style of selection, and his fade out to the next area got even some black blurry goo, so it's different.
The header: The dip seems to look the same, the light of the header, too, but the image not.
Icons: Absolutely stolen, but not the same color.
News Area: Even copied in detail, just other colors and sizes
Media Player: Yep, copied the same like News Area and Icons.
Footer: Different green background above, different fade overs with the the additional black blurry goo.

In general: Copied. But Wucas got a right point about the copyright problem. It's like server files, they used to be stolen, and even that is not protected, while yours has just been copied. But I still think it goes too far to sell a copy like that. You could sou him in many countries, but the internet connection makes this all harder for you, so I understand the ban request.

SK CREATIONS
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I didnt ask for him to be banned?

The point of this thread was never to have him banned it was to give notice to his clients and any possible clients and to make sure no one in ragezone would pay for a design they dont own. I always try to look at things from another perspective and to me if I was a client who had paid for this and recieved a dcma and found out he had copied another persons work I would be pissed.

Or just think,
If the design I created was yours and you saw this by xdrac I am sure you would not be pleased to say the least. Its simply about protecting members to me and not having then ripped off.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Not to be an butt or anything just to point out the obvious....

Your design has no copyright on it anywhere...doesn't that mean its fair game?

Me being in the UK and I believe so is Sir Kidd, anything you create is copyright to you, you don't need some copyright crap at the bottom of a page for it to mean it is

Copyright is an automatic right and arises whenever an individual or company creates a work. To qualify, a work should be regarded as original, and exhibit a degree of labour, skill or judgement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back