Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Policy On Known Thiefs

Status
Not open for further replies.
SK CREATIONS
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I would like to know if I am allowed to create a thread warning users of the designer xDrac.
This designer has been creating copies of my own designs and selling them.

One clear example can be found here

My design created over a year ago

Xdracs Copy created in the last few months.

Whats worse is the user openly denies he copied with the excuse he created every part him self:bird:

I just dont want fellow ragezone members being duped by this user and getting copies of my work and paying him for the privilege. Why he is not as active in RZ as he once was any ability to halt him from defrauding people even if small is worth my time.

I dont mind people using my work for inspiration but there is a clear line between being inspired and creating a copy. Something xDrac seems to fail to understand with his recent comments to me in a skype convo

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
You're on a forum that provides private server files (based off other companies' and people's copyrighted work) with a very young audience... do you honestly expect no one to steal your work? :rolleyes:

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
You're on a forum that provides private server files (based off other companies' and people's copyrighted work) with a very young audience... do you honestly expect no one to steal your work? :rolleyes:

Lets see...

Using private server files has risks. Such as the gaming company or developer of the game can come out and warn you or even worst sue you for using their content or game. So you do have a chance of getting caught and sued.

This applies here as well. Sir Kidd can sue the person for using his content for his own profit.

Reaction score
I don't think people get the reason behind Sir Kidd making this thread. Even though people have different opinions, he only wants to warn people that if they buy a design at xDrucas, it might not be unique.

This is not a case of Sir Kidd being mad (alright maybe he's a little mad) and sueing him, it is a fair warning for the RaGEZONE community.

@(^^,)
What happened, has nothing to do with RaGEZONE in general, and what happened didn't even happen here. As far as I am aware, he didn't even showed or released that template here.

I see so many comments of people moaning against Sir Kidd whilest he is just trying to help. Lets talk in a way most kids in this thread understand it: what if you paid someone $200 for a 'unique" emulator, just to later find out it is ALMOST exactly the same as the emulator of another private server, who got it for just $100. If you'd knew it beforehand, you would never paid the $200.

What Sir Kidd is trying to accomplish is so his may-be-future clients know where they are getting in to. He's not gonna sue anyone, he doesn't want anyone to be banned, he doesn't want any money for the stealing, it is just a warning from his side. It's your own choice if you aree with it or not.

Read the OP and this should be quite clear. However the title could have been different though, and so should the section, as this isn't a suggestion but a warning.

2D > 3D
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I don't think people get the reason behind Sir Kidd making this thread. Even though people have different opinions, he only wants to warn people that if they buy a design at xDrucas, it might not be unique.

This is not a case of Sir Kidd being mad (alright maybe he's a little mad) and sueing him, it is a fair warning for the RaGEZONE community.

@(^^,)
What happened, has nothing to do with RaGEZONE in general, and what happened didn't even happen here. As far as I am aware, he didn't even showed or released that template here.

I see so many comments of people moaning against Sir Kidd whilest he is just trying to help. Lets talk in a way most kids in this thread understand it: what if you paid someone $200 for a 'unique" emulator, just to later find out it is ALMOST exactly the same as the emulator of another private server, who got it for just $100. If you'd knew it beforehand, you would never paid the $200.

What Sir Kidd is trying to accomplish is so his may-be-future clients know where they are getting in to. He's not gonna sue anyone, he doesn't want anyone to be banned, he doesn't want any money for the stealing, it is just a warning from his side. It's your own choice if you aree with it or not.

Read the OP and this should be quite clear. However the title could have been different though, and so should the section, as this isn't a suggestion but a warning.

No, what he is doing is abusing the suggestion section to tarnish some guys reputation with little to no proof. If you get down to it, any website designer copies to an extent. I could go to a dozen private server websites and literally see nearly the exact same thing.

Does his look visually similar to xDrac's? Yah, I can get behind that, but to no extent to the point of calling him a thief for God sakes.

Look at them side by side, do they look identical? No.

404_image.png

No copyright was broken, nothing was stolen, and in no way is this guy a thief.
The only thing that was taken from Kidd was placement, and I am sorry, if that is breaking the law whoever made the first search engine should be suing google, yahoo, bandex, bing, etc, because every single one of them have the same basic format.

*Note: I don't even know this guy xDrac, nor do I even want to know him, I just get sick and tired of stuff like this. This is the suggestion section, not an area to rage because someone took some elements from a design you made months ago. We are all adults here, act like it.

Last edited:
SK CREATIONS
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I wonder why wucas care so much. Also i always find it funny when some one doesnt know the guy but feels the need to tell us he doesnt even with the fact no one asked nor said anything along that lines.. ...

Also copying something does not mean it has to be identical

2D > 3D
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I wonder why wucas care so much. Also i always find it funny when some one doesnt know the guy but feels the need to tell us he doesnt even with the fact no one asked nor said anything along that lines.. ...

Also copying something does not mean it has to be identical

Honestly I just don't think it's fair and if I was in his position, I would hope someone would say something for me. That is the only reason I said anything at all.

It isn't like I have a problem with you Kidd, from my experience talking to you as well as your posts made, you seem like a pretty decent guy, but sometimes you go a little too far. I understand being frustrated with people, but calling someone a thief, well that really changes everyone's perspective ofn this guy's character.

Your graphical work is great and you know it is great, otherwise people wouldn't pay for your work; Just don't get so absorbed in that fact that it hurts other people as well.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Honestly I just don't think it's fair and if I was in his position, I would hope someone would say something for me. That is the only reason I said anything at all.

It isn't like I have a problem with you Kidd, from my experience talking to you as well as your posts made, you seem like a pretty decent guy, but sometimes you go a little too far. I understand being frustrated with people, but calling someone a thief, well that really changes everyone's perspective ofn this guy's character.

Your graphical work is great and you know it is great, otherwise people wouldn't pay for your work; Just don't get so absorbed in that fact that it hurts other people as well.

So you would be fine if someone copied your work? Would you not be a little pissed off? Just a little? Sir Kidd does a great job and to see someone copy it like that. And yes there is "taking inspiration", but when you largely copy elements from 1 theme to another and then have the indecency to resell it at a HIGHER price, well Kidd has all the right to warn people of him.

#rant

SK CREATIONS
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Wucas,
Going slightly further on your showing both.

Here is a version where all I have done is take my news image, my icons, video player and account area and placed it over his. [Funny thing I noticed the outlining for the video player and news image was exactly the same before rezise.

63e6a78d5e.f.png

I think if I posted this and showed the client he would think it was the same design just a slightly modified version.

Also what simply replacing the header does.
50d594be6d.f.png

2D > 3D
Loyal Member
Reaction score
So you would be fine if someone copied your work? Would you not be a little pissed off? Just a little? Sir Kidd does a great job and to see someone copy it like that. And yes there is "taking inspiration", but when you largely copy elements from 1 theme to another and then have the indecency to resell it at a HIGHER price, well Kidd has all the right to warn people of him.

#rant
I have had my work stolen before, multiple times. I have had work I gave free to the public be sold under a new title for money. I have also had people use my name to get positions as staff members in indie projects, and when project files went missing by this person, had to deal with the backlash of it all. I know the feeling of having someone take your hard work and abuse it, but there is a defining line between inspiration, copying, and outright theft.
Wucas,
Going slightly further on your showing both.

Here is a version where all I have done is take my news image, my icons, video player and account area and placed it over his. [Funny thing I noticed the outlining for the video player and news image was exactly the same before rezise.

63e6a78d5e.f.png

I think if I posted this and showed the client he would think it was the same design just a slightly modified version.

Also what simply replacing the header does.
50d594be6d.f.png

I'm tired of arguing man, your right, this isn't even my business, and I have said enough to satisfy my urge to help a random stranger. Regardless, this still doesn't belong in this section, and I feel that it should be moved or closed due to that reasoning.

SK CREATIONS
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Look,
I am not here to fight argue or get into any thing. I created this thread for two reasons.

1~ To allow people who may have used xdrac or people who where thinking about using xdrac being prewarned there designs may not legally belong to them. Also that they could possibly lose a site they paid for and understand that xdrac is using other peoples work to create the sites he sells.

2~ To see if ragezone could do something. Possibly a name and shame or just to see what the forums policy is on people who are known to be selling goods they shouldnt be.

Overall,
I want to protect the members who have gave me so much over the years. I have had some hard times and a lot of the times I have been helped out of a hole thanks to people believing in my skills and using my services. I want to protect the work I create for these people and the people who have , might or will never use me also.

Finally,
Im known for cheap affordable yet great quality. Its the one thing I wanted to do and change about designs is making them affordable. So seeing people copy my work and sell it at high prices is something I wont accept.

Well thats about it honestly.

2D > 3D
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Look,
I am not here to fight argue or get into any thing. I created this thread for two reasons.

1~ To allow people who may have used xdrac or people who where thinking about using xdrac being prewarned there designs may not legally belong to them. Also that they could possibly lose a site they paid for and understand that xdrac is using other peoples work to create the sites he sells.

2~ To see if ragezone could do something. Possibly a name and shame or just to see what the forums policy is on people who are known to be selling goods they shouldnt be.

Overall,
I want to protect the members who have gave me so much over the years. I have had some hard times and a lot of the times I have been helped out of a hole thanks to people believing in my skills and using my services. I want to protect the work I create for these people and the people who have , might or will never use me also.

Finally,
Im known for cheap affordable yet great quality. Its the one thing I wanted to do and change about designs is making them affordable. So seeing people copy my work and sell it at high prices is something I wont accept.

Well thats about it honestly.

RaGEZONE's opinion on this has been said many times. I'll even quote a sticky that was up 6 months ago.

Hello there.

So now that I have your attention and your reading this lets start with the definition of a leak:

"To permit the escape, entry, or passage of something through a breach or flaw"

Or in the private server scene:

"An item that was either stolen or given by an author/creator, which got released to public, without authors/creators concern"

RaGEZONE's stance on leaks is that yes we allow leaks files, websites, codes etc. RaGEZONE is basically built from leaks, in the past, now and even in the future. Anything considered official is a leak, anything that doesn't belong to you that is released under your name is a leak.

HOWEVER if a leak is 70%+ bugged or contains viruses then we remove them from RaGEZONE or if the leaked files come from a developer who is actively sharing releases in any section then an exception might be made.

If you don't want your hard work to be stolen and released here then please secure your work, secure your servers and don't just give your files away to anyone who you don't 100% trust. Chances are it's going to get leaked.

PS: RaGEZONE cannot be held responsible for anything that is leaked here.

Thank you for reading and you can now go back to your daily lurking of RaGEZONE.

- Dell

As you can see, there CAN be exceptions, but seeing as he didn't even try selling or releasing it here, I do not see why there should be any need for this thread.

dat face
Loyal Member
Reaction score
lots of difference between the two design except the placement .. the header is not same and the background also not same .. see the sosial icon ? it's not same .. it just inspired by your design

MuP

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Same s**t different colors, the price you pay for making simple projects / showing off. :) Everyone do this, especially on private server scene...

Super-Moderator
Staff member
Super-Moderator
Reaction score
Closing this thread as it the discussion has wandered past productivity.

As far as a thread, well you have this one, which even seems to include screenshots to support your position.
You can post negative comments in the merchant zone section for that as well.

We don't really have any policies on this, it seems to be on a case by case basis. I believe some users have been banned or other measures taken in the past when there was fraud proven.

This is a forum that happens to have a place to buy/sell, not a place that sets up buy/sell but happens to have a forum, so we don't have feedback attached to the user or anything other than the like/dislikes and reputation system, and the feedback section in the merchant zone.

If you have a specific complaint then you should report the person (posts, etc from the forum) so it can be handled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back