Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Post count

Subscriber and Mod!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
He's saying
if you want to PM someone, there shouldn't be a post count for it. It's good so there people who want to spam people can't just make new accounts and spam people without getting caught
I like the way it is

PS: it's the right section

Reaction score
What he saying is, to PM people, you require to have a certain amount of posts (10 in this case). You know why he doesn't want a post count? Because he is a bot. Bots come on forum, register, and start spreading their filth over the PM's, by sending the same PM to tens and hundreds of people. However, if a bot comes, registers, and try to PM somebody, he gets the error "Sorry you require to have 10 posts, to use Personal Message function.." and then the bot leaves the forum.

If I were mental, I would no way on the world remove the post count requirement for PM system. I've had problems like that before. I've installed a hook on vBulletin where you could read PM's from AdminCP. And guess what I've found out. Noobs with 0 posts spreading websites over the PMs on my forum.

This thread should be locked, the original poster is a bot, who trying to suggest to remove the post count, so that other bots could come and without having to post 10 posts, they could start swarming people with their dirty PMs.

GG.

Subscriber and Mod!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Perfectly explained ^ , this guy is not a bot, I'm pretty sure he's just a member who wants to PM someone about server development for help. Yeah as I said before, no would be the answer

Web Developer
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Its doubtful he is a bot honestly but good point.

WHOOOOOO
Loyal Member
Reaction score
PMs needing post counts is implemented for a simple reason.
1. Bots who spam PMs.
2. Annoying spammers who spam PMs containing advertisments.

You can PM a moderator though, so I don't see an issue with that.

Revolution-Entrepreneur
Reaction score
What he saying is, to PM people, you require to have a certain amount of posts (10 in this case). You know why he doesn't want a post count? Because he is a bot. Bots come on forum, register, and start spreading their filth over the PM's, by sending the same PM to tens and hundreds of people. However, if a bot comes, registers, and try to PM somebody, he gets the error "Sorry you require to have 10 posts, to use Personal Message function.." and then the bot leaves the forum.

If I were mental, I would no way on the world remove the post count requirement for PM system. I've had problems like that before. I've installed a hook on vBulletin where you could read PM's from AdminCP. And guess what I've found out. Noobs with 0 posts spreading websites over the PMs on my forum.

This thread should be locked, the original poster is a bot, who trying to suggest to remove the post count, so that other bots could come and without having to post 10 posts, they could start swarming people with their dirty PMs.

GG.

Really well said!

Master Summoner
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I took it as a pm inbox size lol. Which actually does bother me (did when I wasnt a subscriber) I suggest an auto delete when your pm box fills up.

Back