Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Post Deletion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rey

The Shrewd
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I'm being annoyed by some moderators deleting some posts and I couldn't know which, So I wish you could add an ability to see which posts has been deleted, and why.

Rey

The Shrewd
Loyal Member
Reaction score
well there is your answer then. Stop posting things that need to be deleted.

That's not also my problem, the problem is that I don't know which post has been deleted and why.

Pessimistic butt@%&!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Looks to me like you are arguing for the sake of arguing....

1:
And Moderators only delete things which are out of the forum rules, no other reason.

2:
Maybe you post a lot of stuff that's not directly appropriate for the thread i.e off topic, spam etc

3:
MentaL made some tweaks to the database a few weeks ago. Every single user lost some post count.
I lost around 400 and I think MentaL lost about 3000 posts himself.

Nothing strange or aimed at you personally. It was simply a result of a database tweak.

Our current post counts are the true reflection of our posts.

4:
The automated message for post deletion is not functional at the moment.
It's not feasible to send a PM to every user for every post deleted.
Some moderators delete more than 100 posts per day.

If you have a concern about specific posts you made, please let me know and I will investigate.

5:
I can assure you that posts will never be deleted without good reason.

6:
If you're annoyed by your post being deleted, maybe you should be more constructive when creating them? I'm just saying, I moderate some of the sections you're actively contributing on, and probably 80% of your posts are on the edge. Either they lack proper reasoning, or it's spam, off topic, or it simply looks like a post you made to increase your post count.

7:
Your posts are deleted because they are against the rules or just pure rubbish. As said before having an auto deletion message isn't currently active on the forum. It will probably come back in the future but currently it is not. Just take more care in your posts and you wont need to worry so much about your post count (Which actually doesn't mean anything because you are a subscriber.)

8:
well there is your answer then. Stop posting things that need to be deleted.

8 Times in this thread alone your lost posts have been explained...even why you are not receiving an automated message was explained, yet you continue to complain and rant...simply to complain and rant.

Let it go....it really doesn't matter...it doesn't affect your RZ experience in any shape or form...and on a side note...if you want to make a suggestion for the forums...coming here and demanding information doesn't get you anything...

Out of all your posts here only one sounds like an actual request and not some little kid demanding to get what they want....

Update :

Cleaning the thread doesn't send you a message, so please add that.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
ATM there IS an issue with PM's being sent specifying which Mod, visor or super or even MentaL himself deleting posts the issue is that its not auto sending the name of the mod, visor or super to the people concerned... or not even sending out at all. It mostly Is due to a forum glitch or a "mass thread clean up" the first person on the list gets the pm. I'm sure this can be altered and/or is being worked on to be rectified.

In one of my main sections, Kreeate and vLife have been stomping through deleting/pruning posts, I got blamed for "deleting" posts and the users made ... Quite a disgusting thread about it, ... which turned into .. total off topic, The thread was left open for them to have their rant then cosed 2 days later to let them voice their issues.

I Later found out that because I am one of the mods for that particular section (they seem to think the only "active one" That it was all me) One post accidently got deleted and I got a few posts up about it, I noticed the issue and then rectified it.

I do agree with letting the people know WHO deleted their posts, also a small reason why. Every mods opinion on what is spam and what is not is different. Some times people make mistakes, most of the time, we try to notify you (if it is plausable) and feel that it is justified but as Kreeate said -----
Kreeate said:
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Kreeate
The automated message for post deletion is not functional at the moment.
It's not feasible to send a PM to every user for every post deleted.

Some moderators delete more than 100 posts per day.

If you have a concern about specific posts you made, please let me know and I will investigate.

We hope to get some of the auto pm issues fixed soon :)

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

Stuff is getting worked on, poor MentaL and the Other SuperMods, even the visors, they have their work cut out :) Stuff is "on the pile" as it were... might be a wee while yet before these changed are added/ or older things are implimented again but should be in the next few months :) If you have an issue feel free to pm me and i will pass it on to my supervisor or a supermod ;)

Rey

The Shrewd
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Stuff is getting worked on, poor MentaL and the Other SuperMods, even the visors, they have their work cut out :) Stuff is "on the pile" as it were... might be a wee while yet before these changed are added/ or older things are implimented again but should be in the next few months :) If you have an issue feel free to pm me and i will pass it on to my supervisor or a supermod ;)

Looking forward to see my suggestion accepted. ^.^

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Looking forward to see my suggestion accepted. ^.^

I was wondering what happened to my old posts! I think this thread explains it ... Some sort of DB issue? Glad to be back :)

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
:) I get this alot and on average per day atleast 1 without fail.
xD
Chill Sector. You seem lucky.

Rey

The Shrewd
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I was wondering what happened to my old posts! I think this thread explains it ... Some sort of DB issue? Glad to be back :)
:) I get this alot and on average per day atleast 1 without fail.
xD
Chill Sector. You seem lucky.

____

See @ mods ? that's what i'm talking about...

and Big G, LOL i'm not that lucky my posts get deleted 25%

Super-Moderator
Staff member
Super-Moderator
Reaction score
Everyone post is just spot on.

So I'm not going to ramble about what has been said. If your post gets deleted, more than likely the entire thread was deleted or your particular one was removed due to any of the rule violations. I actively moderate a few sections you post and can confirm this is what happens to you in your case.

Stop making a big deal out of nothing and trying to find ways to target the moderators that do their job here. Either post relevancy to the topics at hand or don't post at all. And get more acquainted with the general/section rules.

Rey

The Shrewd
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Everyone post is just spot on.

So I'm not going to ramble about what has been said. If your post gets deleted, more than likely the entire thread was deleted or your particular one was removed due to any of the rule violations. I actively moderate a few sections you post and can confirm this is what happens to you in your case.

Stop making a big deal out of nothing and trying to find ways to target the moderators that do their job here. Either post relevancy to the topics at hand or don't post at all. And get more acquainted with the general/section rules.

It seems that you didn't get the point of the thread.

Super-Moderator
Staff member
Super-Moderator
Reaction score
I understand exactly what the point is. And what you are suggesting is going to do you what good? I went into that because you don't need to know what got deleted, because if you are to construct a proper post it would remain unless the OP asks for deletion of the entire thread. Pointless suggestions might I add.

Rey

The Shrewd
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I want to know the reason of the post deletion, so I can avoid posting such stuff if there was a problem.

Super-Moderator
Staff member
Super-Moderator
Reaction score
I want to know the reason of the post deletion, so I can avoid posting such stuff if there was a problem.

From my experience when I go around sections reporting.
1. Off-topic conversations
2. Short replies ( Which don't have much explanation or add anything to the thread. For example.
Oh god... WHY !
Taken from http://forum.ragezone.com/f690/droperx-drops-data-converter-tool-1001346/

Just look at the rules. It wouldn't be deleted for no reason.

Last edited:

Rey

The Shrewd
Loyal Member
Reaction score
From my experience when I go around sections reporting.
1. Off-topic conversations
2. Short replies

Just look at the rules. It wouldn't be deleted for no reason.

That's not fair for the second one.. but the first one is fair if there's nothing to do with the topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back