Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Post Deletion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rey

The Shrewd
Reaction score
I'm being annoyed by some moderators deleting some posts and I couldn't know which, So I wish you could add an ability to see which posts has been deleted, and why.

Rey

The Shrewd
Reaction score
I always look at my post count from time to time and I see a difference.

Rey

The Shrewd
Reaction score
If so, I should be alerted ?

Super-Moderator
Staff member
Super-Moderator
Reaction score
Maybe it is threads being deleted (which you have posted in). If you're not the thread starter then you don't get a private message. This might be the cause of your post count going down and without having a private message. I don't know for sure but it could be.

Last edited:

Rey

The Shrewd
Reaction score
IDK somehow I prefer sending an auto PM aler for every post deletion that's all I'm asking.

Reaction score
MentaL made some tweaks to the database a few weeks ago. Every single user lost some post count.
I lost around 400 and I think MentaL lost about 3000 posts himself.

Nothing strange or aimed at you personally. It was simply a result of a database tweak.

Our current post counts are the true reflection of our posts.

The automated message for post deletion is not functional at the moment.
It's not feasible to send a PM to every user for every post deleted.
Some moderators delete more than 100 posts per day.

If you have a concern about specific posts you made, please let me know and I will investigate.

Rey

The Shrewd
Reaction score
MentaL made some tweaks to the database a few weeks ago. Every single user lost some post count.
I lost around 400 and I think MentaL lost about 3000 posts himself.

Nothing strange or aimed at you personally. It was simply a result of a database tweak.

Our current post counts are the true reflection of our posts.

The automated message for post deletion is not functional at the moment.
It's not feasible to send a PM to every user for every post deleted.
Some moderators delete more than 100 posts per day.

If you have a concern about specific posts you made, please let me know and I will investigate.

How could I know if I don't know what got deleted? you can see I got 850 post so I can't check the whole posts if I missed something !

Reaction score
How could I know if I don't know what got deleted? you can see I got 850 post so I can't check the whole posts if I missed something !

Click on your name up top, then click on "Find latest posts"
It's under your avatar.

All your posts should be shown there, including deleted ones.
If you can't see deleted posts there, then you are out of luck.
I can assure you that posts will never be deleted without good reason.

Custom Title Activated
Reaction score
can we please just remove post count visibility to non staff members

Pessimistic butt@%&!
Reaction score
Don't some sections auto prune themselves? Could account for the lost posts....

Now you can tag me!
Reaction score
If you're annoyed by your post being deleted, maybe you should be more constructive when creating them? I'm just saying, I moderate some of the sections you're actively contributing on, and probably 80% of your posts are on the edge. Either they lack proper reasoning, or it's spam, off topic, or it simply looks like a post you made to increase your post count.

Nevertheless, putting you aside and looking at the suggestion alone, it's actually a fair suggestion. I think members have the right to know what posts of theirs have been deleted and why. This might also help them understand the rules and guidelines for that section. But I thought we already had a system like that.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
It might not even be the result of deletion. I'm more familiar with IPB than vBulletin, but sometimes the post count reflected just the column of the database and in later versions actually counted the total amount of posts for each user. Most of the older users (join date, post count) lost the most posts while some of the newer users weren't even affected.

Rey

The Shrewd
Reaction score
Update :

Cleaning the thread doesn't send you a message, so please add that.

Custom Title Activated
Reaction score
I don't understand why this is such a big problem?

Your posts are deleted because they are against the rules or just pure rubbish. As said before having an auto deletion message isn't currently active on the forum. It will probably come back in the future but currently it is not. Just take more care in your posts and you wont need to worry so much about your post count (Which actually doesn't mean anything because you are a subscriber.)

Rey

The Shrewd
Reaction score
I don't understand why this is such a big problem?

Your posts are deleted because they are against the rules or just pure rubbish. As said before having an auto deletion message isn't currently active on the forum. It will probably come back in the future but currently it is not. Just take more care in your posts and you wont need to worry so much about your post count (Which actually doesn't mean anything because you are a subscriber.)

Post count isn't my main problem over here, it's about my posts are being deleted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back