Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    MemberRank
    Mar 2014 Join Date
    OregonLocation
    40Posts

Re: Post Deletion.

RaGEZONE Recommends

RaGEZONE Recommends

It might not even be the result of deletion. I'm more familiar with IPB than vBulletin, but sometimes the post count reflected just the column of the database and in later versions actually counted the total amount of posts for each user. Most of the older users (join date, post count) lost the most posts while some of the newer users weren't even affected.
    I don't know or care about the difference between ignorance and apathy.

CPU: Intel I7 4770K 3.5GHz
    MB: ASUS Z97-Deluxe
    RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix
    GPU: EVGA 980 GTX
    SSD: Samsung EVO 850 500GB

True MemberRank
    Oct 2011 Join Date
    HellLocation
    1,356Posts

Update :

Cleaning the thread doesn't send you a message, so please add that.
    I hate perfection, it means you cannot improve any further.

LegendRank
    Oct 2005 Join Date
    Low Wycombe, CLocation
    7,843Posts

I don't understand why this is such a big problem?

Your posts are deleted because they are against the rules or just pure rubbish. As said before having an auto deletion message isn't currently active on the forum. It will probably come back in the future but currently it is not. Just take more care in your posts and you wont need to worry so much about your post count (Which actually doesn't mean anything because you are a subscriber.)

True MemberRank
    Oct 2011 Join Date
    HellLocation
    1,356Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ChewBecca View Post
    I don't understand why this is such a big problem?

Your posts are deleted because they are against the rules or just pure rubbish. As said before having an auto deletion message isn't currently active on the forum. It will probably come back in the future but currently it is not. Just take more care in your posts and you wont need to worry so much about your post count (Which actually doesn't mean anything because you are a subscriber.)
    Post count isn't my main problem over here, it's about my posts are being deleted.

LegendRank
    Oct 2005 Join Date
    Low Wycombe, CLocation
    7,843Posts

Quote Originally Posted by S3CTOR View Post
    Post count isn't my main problem over here, it's about my posts are being deleted.
    well there is your answer then. Stop posting things that need to be deleted.

True MemberRank
    Oct 2011 Join Date
    HellLocation
    1,356Posts

That's not also my problem, the problem is that I don't know which post has been deleted and why.

Alpha MaleRank
    Jan 2008 Join Date
    DallasLocation
    2,315Posts

Looks to me like you are arguing for the sake of arguing....

1:
    Quote Originally Posted by Lune View Post
    And Moderators only delete things which are out of the forum rules, no other reason.
    2:
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnyboy View Post
    Maybe you post a lot of stuff that's not directly appropriate for the thread i.e off topic, spam etc
    3:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kreeate View Post
    MentaL made some tweaks to the database a few weeks ago. Every single user lost some post count.
    I lost around 400 and I think MentaL lost about 3000 posts himself.

Nothing strange or aimed at you personally. It was simply a result of a database tweak.

Our current post counts are the true reflection of our posts.
    4:
    The automated message for post deletion is not functional at the moment.
    It's not feasible to send a PM to every user for every post deleted.
    Some moderators delete more than 100 posts per day.

If you have a concern about specific posts you made, please let me know and I will investigate.
    5:
    I can assure you that posts will never be deleted without good reason.
    6:
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖̶̶̶ۣۜDetox View Post
    If you're annoyed by your post being deleted, maybe you should be more constructive when creating them? I'm just saying, I moderate some of the sections you're actively contributing on, and probably 80% of your posts are on the edge. Either they lack proper reasoning, or it's spam, off topic, or it simply looks like a post you made to increase your post count.
    7:
    8:
    8 Times in this thread alone your lost posts have been explained...even why you are not receiving an automated message was explained, yet you continue to complain and rant...simply to complain and rant.

Let it go....it really doesn't matter...it doesn't affect your RZ experience in any shape or form...and on a side note...if you want to make a suggestion for the forums...coming here and demanding information doesn't get you anything...

Out of all your posts here only one sounds like an actual request and not some little kid demanding to get what they want....

Update :

Cleaning the thread doesn't send you a message, so please add that.

BannedRank
    Jul 2007 Join Date
    Spamzilla CrewLocation
    1,829Posts

ATM there IS an issue with PM's being sent specifying which Mod, visor or super or even MentaL himself deleting posts the issue is that its not auto sending the name of the mod, visor or super to the people concerned... or not even sending out at all. It mostly Is due to a forum glitch or a "mass thread clean up" the first person on the list gets the pm. I'm sure this can be altered and/or is being worked on to be rectified.

In one of my main sections, Kreeate and vLife have been stomping through deleting/pruning posts, I got blamed for "deleting" posts and the users made ... Quite a disgusting thread about it, ... which turned into .. total off topic, The thread was left open for them to have their rant then cosed 2 days later to let them voice their issues.

I Later found out that because I am one of the mods for that particular section (they seem to think the only "active one" That it was all me) One post accidently got deleted and I got a few posts up about it, I noticed the issue and then rectified it.

I do agree with letting the people know WHO deleted their posts, also a small reason why. Every mods opinion on what is spam and what is not is different. Some times people make mistakes, most of the time, we try to notify you (if it is plausable) and feel that it is justified but as Kreeate said -----
    Quote Originally Posted by Kreeate
    Originally Posted by Kreeate
    The automated message for post deletion is not functional at the moment.
    It's not feasible to send a PM to every user for every post deleted.

Some moderators delete more than 100 posts per day.

If you have a concern about specific posts you made, please let me know and I will investigate.

We hope to get some of the auto pm issues fixed soon :)

True MemberRank
    Oct 2011 Join Date
    HellLocation
    1,356Posts

Thank you @Kallyanna !!

BannedRank
    Jul 2007 Join Date
    Spamzilla CrewLocation
    1,829Posts

Thank you @Kallyanna !!
    Stuff is getting worked on, poor MentaL and the Other SuperMods, even the visors, they have their work cut out :) Stuff is "on the pile" as it were... might be a wee while yet before these changed are added/ or older things are implimented again but should be in the next few months :) If you have an issue feel free to pm me and i will pass it on to my supervisor or a supermod ;)

True MemberRank
    Oct 2011 Join Date
    HellLocation
    1,356Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kallyanna View Post
    Stuff is getting worked on, poor MentaL and the Other SuperMods, even the visors, they have their work cut out :) Stuff is "on the pile" as it were... might be a wee while yet before these changed are added/ or older things are implimented again but should be in the next few months :) If you have an issue feel free to pm me and i will pass it on to my supervisor or a supermod ;)
    Looking forward to see my suggestion accepted. ^.^

MemberRank
    Sep 2007 Join Date
    27Posts

Looking forward to see my suggestion accepted. ^.^
    I was wondering what happened to my old posts! I think this thread explains it ... Some sort of DB issue? Glad to be back :)

BannedRank
    Jan 2014 Join Date
    658Posts

:) I get this alot and on average per day atleast 1 without fail.
    xD
    Chill Sector. You seem lucky.

True MemberRank
    Oct 2011 Join Date
    HellLocation
    1,356Posts

Quote Originally Posted by blubrd View Post
    I was wondering what happened to my old posts! I think this thread explains it ... Some sort of DB issue? Glad to be back :)
    Quote Originally Posted by Big G View Post
    :) I get this alot and on average per day atleast 1 without fail.
    xD
    Chill Sector. You seem lucky.
    ____

See @ mods ? that's what i'm talking about...

and Big G, LOL i'm not that lucky my posts get deleted 25%

Super ModRank
    Apr 2009 Join Date
    The BahamasLocation
    3,691Posts

Everyone post is just spot on.

So I'm not going to ramble about what has been said. If your post gets deleted, more than likely the entire thread was deleted or your particular one was removed due to any of the rule violations. I actively moderate a few sections you post and can confirm this is what happens to you in your case.

Stop making a big deal out of nothing and trying to find ways to target the moderators that do their job here. Either post relevancy to the topics at hand or don't post at all. And get more acquainted with the general/section rules.

"The privilege they never get to know"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Advertisement