Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Programming Freelance Sub-Section in Team Recruitment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best Commu NA
Loyal Member
Reaction score
eeee_zps647f4608.jpg

Note:
Was searching around the Suggestions section, haven't seen this posted yet. If it already was, then I'll bring it back up.

I've been looking to do some FREE freelancing projects for servers here and there, however; constantly refreshing/visiting the Team Recruitment section and clicking projects that interest me don't always suite my programming experiences, instead; why not let the server owners find the programmers they need? Make this a two-way relationship.
For example: My programming language preference is Python, I'm not going to click every link in Team Recruitment waiting for a Python-based development to appear, when I could make a thread saying "Python Freelance for Hire". I would see this section being more for Free (non-paid) freelancers looking to offer their skills for free, being payed in the experience they get while doing so; whereas the paid freelancers would post in Merchant Zone.
I was extremely tempted to post a freelancer application under Team Recruitment, but I resisted, seeing as how it's against the rules to post that your looking for a job. I specifically said "PROGRAMMING Freelancer", otherwise; there would be hundreds of posts a day about kiddies looking for GM jobs.

Pros:Cons:
- Freelancers will be able to find
work easier and more efficiently through RZ
- Risk of users posting GM application
in the section
- Will open RZ up to freelancers who
show interest in a more MMORPG related work
- Posters may exaggerate their coding
experience, leaving negative impressions
on network owners.
- Will encourage more users to learn a programming
language now that this new section is open for
scripters/coders whom are looking for work.
- May cause network owners to post less
in team recruitment because they're finding
all of their staff in PFL sub-sect.

I do hope the RaGEZONE staff takes this suggestion into consideration and takes the time to discuss this decision and think about it carefully before deciding. Once again, I apologize if this is a potential re-post from an older user.

EDIT: If approved, It would also be neat to have a freelance rating, players who've hired you before can leave positive or negative feedback about the work you've done and whatnot. Of course, that's all up for discussion.

Last edited:
Mythic Archon
Reaction score
There's the buyers, sellers, and team recruitment sections for this.
I don't see it happening, imo.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
RaGEZONE means MMORPG development bla bla, not freelance working, you have thank to MentaL for merchant zone...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back