Public Staff Thread - when they are away!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Alpha MaleRank
    Mar 2012 Join Date
    EnglandLocation
    2,283Posts

Public Staff Thread - when they are away!

RaGEZONE Recommends

RaGEZONE Recommends

hi,

Just adding this suggestion, which would be extremely helpful towards all the communities on RaGEZONE, there should be a public thread which lists which staff are currently inactive (NO REASONS! Just a list).

This would prevent frustration, where there is no need for any. Especially where the moderators in question still access the board within their time off - which they requested.

Thats all.
    Chris/Lune

SubscriberRank
    Apr 2012 Join Date
    EnglandLocation
    2,153Posts

Re: Public Staff Thread - when they are away!

I see this as a quite pointless suggestion, why is it any concern to you whether the staff member is absent? The report will eventually get handled.

SupervisorRank
    Apr 2007 Join Date
    2,097Posts

There's no need for a thread like this. If a moderator is away from his/her section, there will be someone else temporarily replacing that section (e.g. a supervisor) until the desired moderator is back on duty. The section will not suffer.

I do not see a reason for any frustration to occur when a moderator is off-duty, since this action will not harm the section of that moderator (without any exceptions expected).
    Forum Rules | Account Support | Subscribe
    RaGEZONE Facebook

"The reason why people give up so fast is because they tend to look at how far they still have to go, instead of how far they have gotten."

Alpha MaleRank
    Mar 2012 Join Date
    EnglandLocation
    2,283Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Biesmen View Post
    There's no need for a thread like this. If a moderator is away from his/her section, there will be someone else temporarily replacing that section (e.g. a supervisor) until the desired moderator is back on duty. The section will not suffer.

I do not see a reason for any frustration to occur when a moderator is off-duty, since this action will not harm the section of that moderator (without any exceptions expected).
    Well evidently (from what I have JUST experienced) there was not a person temporarily replacing that section - the supervisor was also away, the only reason I knew that is because both facebook and Spamzilla. The section did suffer - its not very appealing to have people bump 2 year old threads, or keep spamming 'Download' in a thread is it?

And Lewis, eventually - hmmm... no - I would say just because I brought it up into Spamzilla, it would have been another few days before it actually would have been sorted.

SubscriberRank
    Apr 2012 Join Date
    EnglandLocation
    2,153Posts

@Lune

I don't see why you think you're always right, this is just a pointless idea. As I said, this isn't a concern that people don't need to know, all reports will get eventually handled, you have got to realise they won't get answered straight away because people are allowed a life away from RaGEZONE.

SupervisorRank
    Apr 2007 Join Date
    2,097Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lune View Post
    Well evidently (from what I have JUST experienced) there was not a person temporarily replacing that section - the supervisor was also away, the only reason I knew that is because both facebook and Spamzilla. The section did suffer - its not very appealing to have people bump 2 year old threads, or keep spamming 'Download' in a thread is it?
    I did say: Without any exceptions expected. This is an exception. However, for these rare amounts of exceptions to occur it is not needed to have a thread where you can see which moderator is temporarily off-duty. It will not change a thing.
    RaGEZONE Facebook

"The reason why people give up so fast is because they tend to look at how far they still have to go, instead of how far they have gotten."

Alpha MaleRank
    Mar 2012 Join Date
    EnglandLocation
    2,283Posts

I did say: Without any exceptions expected. This is an exception. However, for these rare amounts of exceptions to occur it is not needed to have a thread where you can see which moderator is temporarily off-duty. It will not change a thing.
    Okay lets look at it in a situation where you want something to be sorted really quick.

Situation: Person releases personal details about you and where you live.

Route 1: Report thread
    - If the person who has reported the thread is unaware of such absence they will just sit there

Route 2: PM Supervisor
    - If the person who PMed the Supervisor and the supervisor is away - still no knowledge of absence, they will just sit there

Route 3: PM Super
    - Person will probably get somewhere, and as we know - the supers don't like to be bugged.

Its peoples right to know what's going on, even if it was just a small isolated problem, fine, but it really isn't.
    @Lewis - you just don't approve of anything I do so I will ignore you as usual.

SupervisorRank
    Apr 2007 Join Date
    2,097Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lune View Post
    Okay lets look at it in a situation where you want something to be sorted really quick.

Situation: Person releases personal details about you and where you live.

Route 1: Report thread
    - If the person who has reported the thread is unaware of such absence they will just sit there

Route 2: PM Supervisor
    - If the person who PMed the Supervisor and the supervisor is away - still no knowledge of absence, they will just sit there

Route 3: PM Super
    - Person will probably get somewhere, and as we know - the supers don't like to be bugged.
    You could PM a different moderator of that section (if more are available). If not, then you should send a PM to the two supervisors of that section.
    RaGEZONE Facebook

Alpha MaleRank
    Mar 2012 Join Date
    EnglandLocation
    2,283Posts

You could PM a different moderator of that section (if more are available). If not, then you should send a PM to the two supervisors of that section.
    Thats assuming we are talking about a game, at the moment there is only one supervisor in the evo section.

LegendRank
    Oct 2005 Join Date
    Low Wycombe, CLocation
    7,843Posts

@Madison @Junkers @Not4You @MentaL Maybe a super can give a reason that Lune will actually accept?

These things happen lune. Unfortunately all the ones who were there to cover were not. This is a voluntary thing. We are not paid (as you certainly know) so when someone bumps a 2 year old thread why not just ignore it once reported? Failing that, just go outside or something. Its only a forum.

Alpha MaleRank
    Mar 2012 Join Date
    EnglandLocation
    2,283Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ChewBecca View Post
    @Madison @Junkers @Not4You @MentaL Maybe a super can give a reason that Lune will actually accept?

These things happen lune. Unfortunately all the ones who were there to cover were not. This is a voluntary thing. We are not paid (as you certainly know) so when someone bumps a 2 year old thread why not just ignore it once reported? Failing that, just go outside or something. Its only a forum.
    In my experience, here it has happened more than once, hence why I am suggesting this.

The OmegaRank
    Aug 2011 Join Date
    8,851Posts

Even if there is a inactive / away list / thread / post whatever, reports would still be handled the same way so in the end it doesn't matter?

If you see something that is not following the rules, report it. Even if the section has no moderator assigned, it eventually get handled by a visor or super.

It might take a bit longer but a away list wouldn't make report handling any faster?
    If you are using Arcturus, contact me
    Discord: TheGeneral#0063

LegendRank
    May 2007 Join Date
    United KingdomLocation
    8,499Posts

As you know Lune there is an inactivity thread so supervisors and super mods can pick up the slack. We're men, not machines. Can't be around 24/7 because a 2 year old thread was bumped and not dealt with within 10 minutes. There's a system in place and it might not be to your satisfaction but it works for us

Administrator  Rank
    Dec 2000 Join Date
    32,919Posts

Umm , no. When a mod goes awol we are given two options

1: wait
    2: replace

We did a period in which we reviewed mod activity and those who did nothing to demodded, brought fresh blood in and so on. If you are trying to nitpick, out with it, which section is not to your liking and why? Provide some examples and then we can go from there.
    RaGEZONE Recommends

Pink PantherRank
    Jan 2007 Join Date
    11,720Posts

If you put in a report, trust it will be looked at. Just because you put in a report doesn't guarantee any action, and there certainly is no time guarantee.
    If you have an issue with a moderator, or their activity, then report it to a Supervisor or Super Mod. They have no obligation to tell you what they did or didn't do with that information, but I know this Senior staff, and they will look into it even if you don't get a reply.

If you haven't noticed lately there has been several new moderators added to the staff. We obviously are paying attention to activity and working on areas that need improvement. This is the most active Senior staff we've had in the 6+ years I have been a Super Moderator here, and more things than you see have been positively impacted because of that. All that said, we do try to sort reports in a timely manner, things have certainly improved in that aspect. I really feel that the staff is doing a very good job, and things are only going to get better.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Advertisement