Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Public Staff Thread - when they are away!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
hi,

Just adding this suggestion, which would be extremely helpful towards all the communities on RaGEZONE, there should be a public thread which lists which staff are currently inactive (NO REASONS! Just a list).

This would prevent frustration, where there is no need for any. Especially where the moderators in question still access the board within their time off - which they requested.

Thats all.
Chris/Lune

Super-Moderator
Staff member
Super-Moderator
Reaction score
There's no need for a thread like this. If a moderator is away from his/her section, there will be someone else temporarily replacing that section (e.g. a supervisor) until the desired moderator is back on duty. The section will not suffer.

I do not see a reason for any frustration to occur when a moderator is off-duty, since this action will not harm the section of that moderator (without any exceptions expected).

Reaction score
There's no need for a thread like this. If a moderator is away from his/her section, there will be someone else temporarily replacing that section (e.g. a supervisor) until the desired moderator is back on duty. The section will not suffer.

I do not see a reason for any frustration to occur when a moderator is off-duty, since this action will not harm the section of that moderator (without any exceptions expected).

Well evidently (from what I have JUST experienced) there was not a person temporarily replacing that section - the supervisor was also away, the only reason I knew that is because both facebook and Spamzilla. The section did suffer - its not very appealing to have people bump 2 year old threads, or keep spamming 'Download' in a thread is it?

And Lewis, eventually - hmmm... no - I would say just because I brought it up into Spamzilla, it would have been another few days before it actually would have been sorted.

Super-Moderator
Staff member
Super-Moderator
Reaction score
Well evidently (from what I have JUST experienced) there was not a person temporarily replacing that section - the supervisor was also away, the only reason I knew that is because both facebook and Spamzilla. The section did suffer - its not very appealing to have people bump 2 year old threads, or keep spamming 'Download' in a thread is it?
I did say: Without any exceptions expected. This is an exception. However, for these rare amounts of exceptions to occur it is not needed to have a thread where you can see which moderator is temporarily off-duty. It will not change a thing.

Reaction score
I did say: Without any exceptions expected. This is an exception. However, for these rare amounts of exceptions to occur it is not needed to have a thread where you can see which moderator is temporarily off-duty. It will not change a thing.
Okay lets look at it in a situation where you want something to be sorted really quick.

Situation: Person releases personal details about you and where you live.

Route 1: Report thread
- If the person who has reported the thread is unaware of such absence they will just sit there

Route 2: PM Supervisor
- If the person who PMed the Supervisor and the supervisor is away - still no knowledge of absence, they will just sit there

Route 3: PM Super
- Person will probably get somewhere, and as we know - the supers don't like to be bugged.

Its peoples right to know what's going on, even if it was just a small isolated problem, fine, but it really isn't.
Lewis - you just don't approve of anything I do so I will ignore you as usual.

Super-Moderator
Staff member
Super-Moderator
Reaction score
Okay lets look at it in a situation where you want something to be sorted really quick.

Situation: Person releases personal details about you and where you live.

Route 1: Report thread
- If the person who has reported the thread is unaware of such absence they will just sit there

Route 2: PM Supervisor
- If the person who PMed the Supervisor and the supervisor is away - still no knowledge of absence, they will just sit there

Route 3: PM Super
- Person will probably get somewhere, and as we know - the supers don't like to be bugged.
You could PM a different moderator of that section (if more are available). If not, then you should send a PM to the two supervisors of that section.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
@Madison Junkers Not4You MentaL Maybe a super can give a reason that Lune will actually accept?

These things happen lune. Unfortunately all the ones who were there to cover were not. This is a voluntary thing. We are not paid (as you certainly know) so when someone bumps a 2 year old thread why not just ignore it once reported? Failing that, just go outside or something. Its only a forum.

Reaction score
@Madison @Junkers @Not4You @MentaL Maybe a super can give a reason that Lune will actually accept?

These things happen lune. Unfortunately all the ones who were there to cover were not. This is a voluntary thing. We are not paid (as you certainly know) so when someone bumps a 2 year old thread why not just ignore it once reported? Failing that, just go outside or something. Its only a forum.

In my experience, here it has happened more than once, hence why I am suggesting this.

Reaction score
Even if there is a inactive / away list / thread / post whatever, reports would still be handled the same way so in the end it doesn't matter?

If you see something that is not following the rules, report it. Even if the section has no moderator assigned, it eventually get handled by a visor or super.

It might take a bit longer but a away list wouldn't make report handling any faster?

Evil Scottish Overlord
Legend
Reaction score
As you know Lune there is an inactivity thread so supervisors and super mods can pick up the slack. We're men, not machines. Can't be around 24/7 because a 2 year old thread was bumped and not dealt with within 10 minutes. There's a system in place and it might not be to your satisfaction but it works for us

Reaction score
Umm , no. When a mod goes awol we are given two options

1: wait
2: replace

We did a period in which we reviewed mod activity and those who did nothing to demodded, brought fresh blood in and so on. If you are trying to nitpick, out with it, which section is not to your liking and why? Provide some examples and then we can go from there.

Super-Moderator
Staff member
Super-Moderator
Reaction score
If you put in a report, trust it will be looked at. Just because you put in a report doesn't guarantee any action, and there certainly is no time guarantee.
If you have an issue with a moderator, or their activity, then report it to a Supervisor or Super Mod. They have no obligation to tell you what they did or didn't do with that information, but I know this Senior staff, and they will look into it even if you don't get a reply.

If you haven't noticed lately there has been several new moderators added to the staff. We obviously are paying attention to activity and working on areas that need improvement. This is the most active Senior staff we've had in the 6+ years I have been a Super Moderator here, and more things than you see have been positively impacted because of that. All that said, we do try to sort reports in a timely manner, things have certainly improved in that aspect. I really feel that the staff is doing a very good job, and things are only going to get better.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
No offence but what is the difference, if reported post will be removed in 24 hour or 1 week?

it's all pixels after all, report button -> staff do the rest.

And if you need somth removed badly, Kreeate is online almost everyday.

Now you can tag me!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Umm , no. When a mod goes awol we are given two options

1: wait
2: replace

We did a period in which we reviewed mod activity and those who did nothing to demodded, brought fresh blood in and so on. If you are trying to nitpick, out with it, which section is not to your liking and why? Provide some examples and then we can go from there.

The episode which he is referring to is from the portfolio section. There were 2 reports that I handled which was 2 days old. Apparently it's an extremely big deal that reports aren't handled within the same day they are reported. During this incident I had reported my absence in the vacation/away list in the moderator section, which is what we're obligated to do. Now because of this small incident, Chris here, proclaims the portfolio is losing quality.

Chris. Firstly, you can't expect us to be around 24/7. You've been a moderator before, and I'm sure you've experienced days where you haven't been able to moderate your sections properly, or you've been to tired or lazy. We're humans. A 2 days old report ain't that old, as far as I'm concerned we're only obligated to moderate a couple of times a week at the lowest. We're not being paid, so 24/7 moderation can't be expected from us.

You might be unsatisfied with me not handling your two reports the same day, but I happen to be on top of the moderation activity list every month. I'm not bragging, but it does prove a point. Even though I, and the rest of the moderators, have days we're not available. We're still doing our job, and we're still quite active. We're not obligated to handle a report the same day as it's being reported, nor should you expect that. We'll do our very best doing so, but it's not possible every time.

Also, you're referring to more than one incident. Instead of talking about "what you've experienced in the past", like this have happened several times before, you should be referring to specific incidences. You're only putting half the facts on the table, and it's simply annoying.

Thirdly, I've said this to you before, but if you're so concerned about the moderators activity in the sections you visit, and wants an explanation to why it took a couple of days before your reports was handle. You can SIMPLY send them a quick private message. Most of them, if not all, will have a reasonable explanation. It's not like this happens so often, you'll spend several hours a day trying to figure out the reason of the inactivity. You can simply ask.

Lastly, the reports you're refereeing to, was handled 2 days after it was reported, and even without the idiotic post in spamzilla, it still would've been handled that day. I usually have a schedule, so please don't assume things, or lay your word down as facts without actually knowing the slightest.

Reaction score
The episode which he is referring to is from the portfolio section. There were 2 reports that I handled which was 2 days old. Apparently it's an extremely big deal that reports aren't handled within the same day they are reported. During this incident I had reported my absence in the vacation/away list in the moderator section, which is what we're obligated to do. Now because of this small incident, Chris here, proclaims the portfolio is losing quality.

Chris. Firstly, you can't expect us to be around 24/7. You've been a moderator before, and I'm sure you've experienced days where you haven't been able to moderate your sections properly, or you've been to tired or lazy. We're humans. A 2 days old report ain't that old, as far as I'm concerned we're only obligated to moderate a couple of times a week at the lowest. We're not being paid, so 24/7 moderation can't be expected from us.

You might be unsatisfied with me not handling your two reports the same day, but I happen to be on top of the moderation activity list every month. I'm not bragging, but it does prove a point. Even though I, and the rest of the moderators, have days we're not available. We're still doing our job, and we're still quite active. We're not obligated to handle a report the same day as it's being reported, nor should you expect that. We'll do our very best doing so, but it's not possible every time.

Also, you're referring to more than one incident. Instead of talking about "what you've experienced in the past", like this have happened several times before, you should be referring to specific incidences. You're only putting half the facts on the table, and it's simply annoying.

Thirdly, I've said this to you before, but if you're so concerned about the moderators activity in the sections you visit, and wants an explanation to why it took a couple of days before your reports was handle. You can SIMPLY send them a quick private message. Most of them, if not all, will have a reasonable explanation. It's not like this happens so often, you'll spend several hours a day trying to figure out the reason of the inactivity. You can simply ask.

Lastly, the reports you're refereeing to, was handled 2 days after it was reported, and even without the idiotic post in spamzilla, it still would've been handled that day. I usually have a schedule, so please don't assume things, or lay your word down as facts without actually knowing the slightest.

For one I just want to say. I am far from nit picking... I have actually experienced this twice - maybe three times, I wasn't actually picking on you directly, and if you got that impression I apologize. I am not expecting a mod to be active 24/7 I understand that you have other things such as exams, and such - I am not asking for such reasons, I am asking for a basic list to be available so that we know who we can actually talk to to get a quick response, if there is a big issue such as the scenario I explored above, which did actually happen. And no I wasn't proclaiming I was just making a question available to be explored - 'Is the portfolio section slipping?' - that doesn't say definitively that I thought it was, it was just a passing comment.

This isn't an isolated incident, I have heard many other unsatisfied by when mods are away and their section slightly drops in quality of posts. Ok, so lets go down to details;
1. There was a 'disagreement' in the Fiesta Online section, it went unnoticed for several days, it wasn't even looked at by a mod until I pointed it out in SpamZilla, even then it was carried on onto other threads within the sections, rarely was monitored.
2. The portfolio section had a increase in spam posts over the past few days, including the ones I reported, there was also a bump for a thread 2 years old, this should have been spotted when the other two posts were spotted.

I believe there was another but since I can't recall that one - it wouldn't come up to your high standards.

You say about sending a Private Message, if there was a list of who wasn't 'on duty' it would provide no need to bother you or anyone who had poop bothering them in real life.

Now you can tag me!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
For one I just want to say. I am far from nit picking... I have actually experienced this twice - maybe three times, I wasn't actually picking on you directly, and if you got that impression I apologize. I am not expecting a mod to be active 24/7 I understand that you have other things such as exams, and such - I am not asking for such reasons, I am asking for a basic list to be available so that we know who we can actually talk to to get a quick response, if there is a big issue such as the scenario I explored above, which did actually happen. And no I wasn't proclaiming I was just making a question available to be explored - 'Is the portfolio section slipping?' - that doesn't say definitively that I thought it was, it was just a passing comment.

This isn't an isolated incident, I have heard many other unsatisfied by when mods are away and their section slightly drops in quality of posts. Ok, so lets go down to details;
1. There was a 'disagreement' in the Fiesta Online section, it went unnoticed for several days, it wasn't even looked at by a mod until I pointed it out in SpamZilla, even then it was carried on onto other threads within the sections, rarely was monitored.
2. The portfolio section had a increase in spam posts over the past few days, including the ones I reported, there was also a bump for a thread 2 years old, this should have been spotted when the other two posts were spotted.

I believe there was another but since I can't recall that one - it wouldn't come up to your high standards.

You say about sending a Private Message, if there was a list of who wasn't 'on duty' it would provide no need to bother you or anyone who had poop bothering them in real life.

#1 The way I saw it, it was a rhetorical question. There might as well been a period instead of a question mark.

#2 I've already given you a reasonable explanation to this, and the reports were barely 2 days old. Some sections are only cleaned a couple of times a week in average throughout a year. A necro post doesn't matter that much, it doesn't hurt anyone or anything in any way. If there was a incident where there was something more serious going on, the likeliness of the member it's concerning to contact a supervisor or super moderator is high. Or even go to the moderator personally. I visit the forum several times a day, even though I don't always have time to moderate. I read my private messages EVERY day. Also for the 2 years old thread that was bumped, it was taken care of at the same time I was sorting your reports. They actually were spotted at the same time.

#3 The fact is, we're not bothered by a quick private message. With a list, we'd have to spent time reporting our absence not only to the supervisors, super mods and Mental in the moderator section, but we'd also have to report it to the members in that given thread you're talking about. That means work for us, work for Mental or whoever made the thread, as he'll have to constantly update it, BUT also work answering private messages. Not every member would know about the thread, some wouldn't even care, and we'd still get private messages asking at the same time we're making effort updating the thread. Answering a quick private message ain't that big of a deal for any of us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back