Public Staff Thread - when they are away!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Alpha MaleRank
    Dec 2009 Join Date
    2,810Posts

Re: Public Staff Thread - when they are away!

RaGEZONE Recommends

RaGEZONE Recommends

No offence but what is the difference, if reported post will be removed in 24 hour or 1 week?

it's all pixels after all, report button -> staff do the rest.

And if you need somth removed badly, Kreeate is online almost everyday.

Alpha MaleRank
    May 2009 Join Date
    NorwayLocation
    1,866Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MentaL View Post
    Umm , no. When a mod goes awol we are given two options

1: wait
    2: replace

We did a period in which we reviewed mod activity and those who did nothing to demodded, brought fresh blood in and so on. If you are trying to nitpick, out with it, which section is not to your liking and why? Provide some examples and then we can go from there.
    The episode which he is referring to is from the portfolio section. There were 2 reports that I handled which was 2 days old. Apparently it's an extremely big deal that reports aren't handled within the same day they are reported. During this incident I had reported my absence in the vacation/away list in the moderator section, which is what we're obligated to do. Now because of this small incident, Chris here, proclaims the portfolio is losing quality.

Chris. Firstly, you can't expect us to be around 24/7. You've been a moderator before, and I'm sure you've experienced days where you haven't been able to moderate your sections properly, or you've been to tired or lazy. We're humans. A 2 days old report ain't that old, as far as I'm concerned we're only obligated to moderate a couple of times a week at the lowest. We're not being paid, so 24/7 moderation can't be expected from us.

You might be unsatisfied with me not handling your two reports the same day, but I happen to be on top of the moderation activity list every month. I'm not bragging, but it does prove a point. Even though I, and the rest of the moderators, have days we're not available. We're still doing our job, and we're still quite active. We're not obligated to handle a report the same day as it's being reported, nor should you expect that. We'll do our very best doing so, but it's not possible every time.

Also, you're referring to more than one incident. Instead of talking about "what you've experienced in the past", like this have happened several times before, you should be referring to specific incidences. You're only putting half the facts on the table, and it's simply annoying.

Thirdly, I've said this to you before, but if you're so concerned about the moderators activity in the sections you visit, and wants an explanation to why it took a couple of days before your reports was handle. You can SIMPLY send them a quick private message. Most of them, if not all, will have a reasonable explanation. It's not like this happens so often, you'll spend several hours a day trying to figure out the reason of the inactivity. You can simply ask.

Lastly, the reports you're refereeing to, was handled 2 days after it was reported, and even without the idiotic post in spamzilla, it still would've been handled that day. I usually have a schedule, so please don't assume things, or lay your word down as facts without actually knowing the slightest.

"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and wisdom to know the difference."
    [The Battle of Immortals] [Dragon Nest] [Forsaken World] [Jade Dynasty] [Rose Online] [Warrock]
    [The Portfolio][MMORPG Extra][Merchant Zone][Free MMO Servers]
    [The Headquarters] [Forum Rules]

Alpha MaleRank
    Mar 2012 Join Date
    EnglandLocation
    2,283Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ๖̶̶̶ۣۜDetox View Post
    The episode which he is referring to is from the portfolio section. There were 2 reports that I handled which was 2 days old. Apparently it's an extremely big deal that reports aren't handled within the same day they are reported. During this incident I had reported my absence in the vacation/away list in the moderator section, which is what we're obligated to do. Now because of this small incident, Chris here, proclaims the portfolio is losing quality.

Chris. Firstly, you can't expect us to be around 24/7. You've been a moderator before, and I'm sure you've experienced days where you haven't been able to moderate your sections properly, or you've been to tired or lazy. We're humans. A 2 days old report ain't that old, as far as I'm concerned we're only obligated to moderate a couple of times a week at the lowest. We're not being paid, so 24/7 moderation can't be expected from us.

You might be unsatisfied with me not handling your two reports the same day, but I happen to be on top of the moderation activity list every month. I'm not bragging, but it does prove a point. Even though I, and the rest of the moderators, have days we're not available. We're still doing our job, and we're still quite active. We're not obligated to handle a report the same day as it's being reported, nor should you expect that. We'll do our very best doing so, but it's not possible every time.

Also, you're referring to more than one incident. Instead of talking about "what you've experienced in the past", like this have happened several times before, you should be referring to specific incidences. You're only putting half the facts on the table, and it's simply annoying.

Thirdly, I've said this to you before, but if you're so concerned about the moderators activity in the sections you visit, and wants an explanation to why it took a couple of days before your reports was handle. You can SIMPLY send them a quick private message. Most of them, if not all, will have a reasonable explanation. It's not like this happens so often, you'll spend several hours a day trying to figure out the reason of the inactivity. You can simply ask.

Lastly, the reports you're refereeing to, was handled 2 days after it was reported, and even without the idiotic post in spamzilla, it still would've been handled that day. I usually have a schedule, so please don't assume things, or lay your word down as facts without actually knowing the slightest.
    For one I just want to say. I am far from nit picking... I have actually experienced this twice - maybe three times, I wasn't actually picking on you directly, and if you got that impression I apologize. I am not expecting a mod to be active 24/7 I understand that you have other things such as exams, and such - I am not asking for such reasons, I am asking for a basic list to be available so that we know who we can actually talk to to get a quick response, if there is a big issue such as the scenario I explored above, which did actually happen. And no I wasn't proclaiming I was just making a question available to be explored - 'Is the portfolio section slipping?' - that doesn't say definitively that I thought it was, it was just a passing comment.

This isn't an isolated incident, I have heard many other unsatisfied by when mods are away and their section slightly drops in quality of posts. Ok, so lets go down to details;
    1. There was a 'disagreement' in the Fiesta Online section, it went unnoticed for several days, it wasn't even looked at by a mod until I pointed it out in SpamZilla, even then it was carried on onto other threads within the sections, rarely was monitored.
    2. The portfolio section had a increase in spam posts over the past few days, including the ones I reported, there was also a bump for a thread 2 years old, this should have been spotted when the other two posts were spotted.

I believe there was another but since I can't recall that one - it wouldn't come up to your high standards.

You say about sending a Private Message, if there was a list of who wasn't 'on duty' it would provide no need to bother you or anyone who had shit bothering them in real life.

Alpha MaleRank
    May 2009 Join Date
    NorwayLocation
    1,866Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lune View Post
    For one I just want to say. I am far from nit picking... I have actually experienced this twice - maybe three times, I wasn't actually picking on you directly, and if you got that impression I apologize. I am not expecting a mod to be active 24/7 I understand that you have other things such as exams, and such - I am not asking for such reasons, I am asking for a basic list to be available so that we know who we can actually talk to to get a quick response, if there is a big issue such as the scenario I explored above, which did actually happen. And no I wasn't proclaiming I was just making a question available to be explored - 'Is the portfolio section slipping?' - that doesn't say definitively that I thought it was, it was just a passing comment.

This isn't an isolated incident, I have heard many other unsatisfied by when mods are away and their section slightly drops in quality of posts. Ok, so lets go down to details;
    1. There was a 'disagreement' in the Fiesta Online section, it went unnoticed for several days, it wasn't even looked at by a mod until I pointed it out in SpamZilla, even then it was carried on onto other threads within the sections, rarely was monitored.
    2. The portfolio section had a increase in spam posts over the past few days, including the ones I reported, there was also a bump for a thread 2 years old, this should have been spotted when the other two posts were spotted.

I believe there was another but since I can't recall that one - it wouldn't come up to your high standards.

You say about sending a Private Message, if there was a list of who wasn't 'on duty' it would provide no need to bother you or anyone who had shit bothering them in real life.
    #1 The way I saw it, it was a rhetorical question. There might as well been a period instead of a question mark.

#2 I've already given you a reasonable explanation to this, and the reports were barely 2 days old. Some sections are only cleaned a couple of times a week in average throughout a year. A necro post doesn't matter that much, it doesn't hurt anyone or anything in any way. If there was a incident where there was something more serious going on, the likeliness of the member it's concerning to contact a supervisor or super moderator is high. Or even go to the moderator personally. I visit the forum several times a day, even though I don't always have time to moderate. I read my private messages EVERY day. Also for the 2 years old thread that was bumped, it was taken care of at the same time I was sorting your reports. They actually were spotted at the same time.

#3 The fact is, we're not bothered by a quick private message. With a list, we'd have to spent time reporting our absence not only to the supervisors, super mods and Mental in the moderator section, but we'd also have to report it to the members in that given thread you're talking about. That means work for us, work for Mental or whoever made the thread, as he'll have to constantly update it, BUT also work answering private messages. Not every member would know about the thread, some wouldn't even care, and we'd still get private messages asking at the same time we're making effort updating the thread. Answering a quick private message ain't that big of a deal for any of us.

"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and wisdom to know the difference."
    [The Battle of Immortals] [Dragon Nest] [Forsaken World] [Jade Dynasty] [Rose Online] [Warrock]
    [The Portfolio][MMORPG Extra][Merchant Zone][Free MMO Servers]
    [The Headquarters] [Forum Rules]

Alpha MaleRank
    Mar 2012 Join Date
    EnglandLocation
    2,283Posts

You already report when you will be absent. So it make no difference.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Advertisement