Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Ragezone.com

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Hello!

So i'm a pretty active member on the Ragezone homepage. I've noticed that the blog (which is powered by wordpress i believe..?) uses the facebook commenting system O: .

Have you all ever considered using Disqus?
<- This is a link redirect. Color :c LF> Bold for URLs

At the moment you all are using the facebook commenting system which isn't bad but i'm simply wondering if you all ever considered another commenting system that might look alot more clean and easier to use for wordpress.

It's a pretty cool commenting system and i'm pretty sure a bit of knowledge with how scripts work for vbulletin and wordpress you can possibly link the two together. (Register on the forums, get registered for wordpress automatically)

This commenting system is pretty cool and i like it ALOT, many big sites such as allkpop and more use this and i find it really professional and clean.

Thoughts?

Link to plugin :

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hello!

So i'm a pretty active member on the Ragezone homepage. I've noticed that the blog (which is powered by wordpress i believe..?) uses the facebook commenting system O: .

Have you all ever considered using Disqus?

It's a pretty cool commenting system and i'm pretty sure a bit of knowledge with how scripts work for vbulletin and wordpress you can possibly link the two together. (Register on the forums, get registered for wordpress automatically)

This commenting system is pretty cool and i like it ALOT, many big sites such butt allkpop and more use this and i find it really professional and clean.

Thoughts?
I like the idea but it seems more complex. What's the point of this Disqus when it tells you to leave your name (or even login with Facebook) when if you're a regular user of Facebook, you don't have to do any of that, just make sure you're logged in and type away.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
In a sense Disqus is alot more advanced, (Allowing you to like posts, get automatic commenting updates without refreshing the page, and if used correctly, can host events , rankings on who posts the most, top users and so forth thus being able to open up for more homepage events and what not.

allkpop.com

is a prime example of the commenting usage not only is it sleek, but it looks professional and works really well

essentially, this addition looks alot better than how Facebook is currently setup.

There are also many (including me) who are not willing to comment on the homepage simply because we don't want our facebook disclosed to the members of Ragezone. By allowing Disqus, we could register a seperate account and still be able to comment without your facebook being found.

Reaction score
In a sense Disqus is alot more advanced, (Allowing you to like posts, get automatic commenting updates without refreshing the page, and if used correctly, can host events , rankings on who posts the most, top users and so forth thus being able to open up for more homepage events and what not.

allkpop.com

is a prime example of the commenting usage not only is it sleek, but it looks professional and works really well

essentially, this addition looks alot better than how Facebook is currently setup.

There are also many (including me) who are not willing to comment on the homepage simply because we don't want our facebook disclosed to the members of Ragezone. By allowing Disqus, we could register a seperate account and still be able to comment without your facebook being found.
In my opinion, I don't believe that we need comments to look professional. Comments are just comments (just my opinion). Also, without your Facebook being found, doesn't that mean that you could just enter anyones details and pretend to comment as them? If that's the case, then that wouldn't work very well. I looked at the example with allkpop and that's were I got my opinion from. As well, not many people use the comment system from what I have seen on the pages so I don't think an upgrade is needed quite yet. I don't care whether we change or not, I just don't believe we need a change when hardly anyone uses the feature anyways.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
As i've said above, there may be individuals that do not want to comment because they do not want their facebook disclosed.

Secondly, if i'm not mistaken, Disqus is a registered program, you have to register for you to be able to post. As i've said before, we can always link the current vbulletin database to disqus, and allow people to login using their forum information; thus preventing the impersonating.

And maybe we do not need it to look professional, but wouldn't it be better? For one, if the site gets bigger in the future, i'd sure as hell be one to continuously comment on the page. And as i've said above, if we had homepage events, i'm pretty sure people WOULD commenting for the event, and this can be done using Disqus, however it's simply my two cents.

Also note that as Disqus allows Facebook connections , yahoo connections and many more isn't it just allowing more people to post and update? I don't see a down-fall to this at all as it allows people to connect using many mainstream social networking websites.

Last edited:
Reaction score
This is going to be my last post because I don't think you understand what i am saying properly and i dont want to cause an argument with you. The only thing im saying is, theres no point in getting a new system for comments because NOBODY posts in the comments there from what i can see, so it'd be pointless upgrading just because it 'looks better'

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
@eljamie and Ron.

>Add this system
>Program simple plugins (top poster, most active, biggest contributor etc etc) and new events or so forth can be added along with this system. If such events are brought there Activity on the homepage will boost.

However, i must agree that barely anyone posts comments. ;s

Back