Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

RaGEZONE Radio

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
There should be a radio everyone can listen to which has offers and stuff on it, and also does the usual stuff like music lol.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
i do have some offshore locations :)

how about leave the host stuff to me? :)

@NATHAN great, please do a good job

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Have RZ members speak as guests on-air, advertise the RZ private servers, give notification of different opportunities involving the forum.

This is a sick idea, I'd like to help out with this.

I would be a guest! YEY.
I really like this idea :) Definatly should have different music hours like radio one do. Because, although our MentaL here is very talented, I am not a fan of that type of music, unfortunatly one of the only that I dont like. We would need to appeal to the masses :)

Divine Celestial
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Seems like a good idea.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Seems interesting ;o I would love to listen to this ;D

Preparing
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Auto dj!!

Nice idea Nathan

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
If I was a DJ, I would play any sort of music.

If you requested a song and I didnt have it, I would download it for you :)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
This sounds like a fantastic idea, +1 for this.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I hope someone can make it so I can become DJ for RaGEZONE :)

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

I can provide one of these servers if you wish, comes with auto dj.

I'll need DJ's though
I'll be doing Dubstep/Electronica and maybe some indie music.

VosCast
>Servers are over priced
>You would need a minimum of 64 KBPS in Birtate for the music to be at least considered 'average' music.
>17 Dollars is ALOT for Unlimited Listeners, and 64 KBPS
>You can actually get it for 10 dollars or less from loads of place
>Simple two cents.

Sources:

I've owned 3 radios total.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Hmm. I would hardly consider that "music" I_Rule_MU. It's poetry to a drum beat. (offensive, rude and insulting poetry, but poetry ... note, I could describe various tracks by Goldie Lock and Chain or D12 in the same way, and I like their work, so that descriptive is not intended as an insult ... however, I don't like that) I would switch off immediately if I heard it and never tune in again. It's clearly an "acquired taste".

As stated, it has been tried before. I would be happy to hear MentaLs' tracks, game reviews and other MMO related podcast type material on an RZ streaming Radio station.

For streaming servers, I suspect that the RZ server may have bandwidth and CPU power for streaming. Shoutcast and similar services are not necessary. You could tune VLC to mms://radio.ragezone.com or such if MentaL is prepared to run such a daemon on the box.

As for copyright; if the a musical track, interview or drama is played which is copyright, you do need permission. A "public performance" or "public broadcast" license may be costly. OTOH many labels will actually pay popular stations to play their tracks, often producing a special "Radio Edit" for them to play in order to promote sales. Some artists, producers and labels will get very defensive over public broadcasts of their work without permission, while many will turn a blind eye because of the promotion.

In that sense, it is a mine field. Best practice is to ask, and only play what you are allowed to, take what you are offered in promotional compensation and use it to purchase a permission for those that license that way when you can.

In practice, most streaming broadcasters consider that there are too many public internet radio stations for the copyright fascists to police every track played on every station, so they just do it anyway. Most get away with it. :wink:

Flyff Developer
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Great idea, and hoping that our community will have one xD (that makes bored away)

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
This is a good idea. What would be cool is have different music events like dubstep fridays full of dubstep mixes or every 8 Oclock or whenever have a full hour of dubstep, Rap, ect. You can name it dubstep hour. And fill in the other spaces of time with requests. Sorry for any misspellings im on my cellphone :p Also I love how everyone saying that there DJ's :p

Plus we need to play songs like this

Or songs like this

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Awkward coincidence, I seem to have a dedicated server with nothing on it but ShoutCast DNAS v1.9.8..

I wouldn't mind opening the ports and setting up a panel if people would be interested.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
i wouldn't mind. Would be a good way to promote my solo material.

oh lord!

If this radio is introduced, it's extremely easy somewhat in the technical side, vBulletin plugin and it will probably be somewhere in the online user count section.. but don't make it automatically played! I've done then when I've worked for users in the past and it's the ultimate annoyance.

As a frank newb, my opinion means sweet f-all, but I'm all for it regardless! I just hate metal haha.

Back