Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Alpha MaleRank
    Apr 2011 Join Date
    Chadderton, UKLocation
    1,839Posts

Re: RaGEZONE Radio

RaGEZONE Recommends

RaGEZONE Recommends

I hope someone can make it so I can become DJ for RaGEZONE :)
    Quote Originally Posted by MentaL
    kid fucked in the ass.
    If I help you, please like, and +rep :)
    'You should have learned bitches love cake' - Borgore - Decisions
    'You should of learned bitches love cake' - Borgore - Decisions

BannedRank
    Dec 2010 Join Date
    On your shouldeLocation
    1,064Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt View Post
    VosCast - SHOUTcast Hosting

I can provide one of these servers if you wish, comes with auto dj.

I'll need DJ's though
    I'll be doing Dubstep/Electronica and maybe some indie music.

VosCast
    >Servers are over priced
    >You would need a minimum of 64 KBPS in Birtate for the music to be at least considered 'average' music.
    >17 Dollars is ALOT for Unlimited Listeners, and 64 KBPS
    >You can actually get it for 10 dollars or less from loads of place
    >Simple two cents.

Sources:

I've owned 3 radios total.

GammaRank
    Apr 2007 Join Date
    JerseyLocation
    4,548Posts

Plus we need to play songs like this

It's So Cold in the D - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by Batz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Parker View Post
    When IRMU makes a thread you don't question it, you just respect his authority.
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage View Post
    QFT. Everyone knows IRMU's authority.
    Yeah, and he's awesome. He's so awesome that I put him in Family category on MSN.

LegendRank
    Jun 2007 Join Date
    JerseyLocation
    4,136Posts

I say let's do it!

Being said from a DJ myself.

May 2007 Join Date
    UKLocation
    5,751Posts

Hmm. I would hardly consider that "music" I_Rule_MU. It's poetry to a drum beat. (offensive, rude and insulting poetry, but poetry ... note, I could describe various tracks by Goldie Lock and Chain or D12 in the same way, and I like their work, so that descriptive is not intended as an insult ... however, I don't like that) I would switch off immediately if I heard it and never tune in again. It's clearly an "acquired taste".

As stated, it has been tried before. I would be happy to hear MentaLs' tracks, game reviews and other MMO related podcast type material on an RZ streaming Radio station.

For streaming servers, I suspect that the RZ server may have bandwidth and CPU power for streaming. Shoutcast and similar services are not necessary. You could tune VLC to mms://radio.ragezone.com or such if MentaL is prepared to run such a daemon on the box.

As for copyright; if the a musical track, interview or drama is played which is copyright, you do need permission. A "public performance" or "public broadcast" license may be costly. OTOH many labels will actually pay popular stations to play their tracks, often producing a special "Radio Edit" for them to play in order to promote sales. Some artists, producers and labels will get very defensive over public broadcasts of their work without permission, while many will turn a blind eye because of the promotion.

In that sense, it is a mine field. Best practice is to ask, and only play what you are allowed to, take what you are offered in promotional compensation and use it to purchase a permission for those that license that way when you can.

In practice, most streaming broadcasters consider that there are too many public internet radio stations for the copyright fascists to police every track played on every station, so they just do it anyway. Most get away with it.

True MemberRank
    Oct 2011 Join Date
    United KingdomLocation
    1,418Posts

Great idea, and hoping that our community will have one xD (that makes bored away)

The OmegaRank
    Jul 2005 Join Date
    Perth, WesternLocation
    4,981Posts

Sorry I have to turn down my offer.. to much stress from managing all my other games.

InactiveRank
    Sep 2011 Join Date
    Chi-TownLocation
    1,236Posts

This is a good idea. What would be cool is have different music events like dubstep fridays full of dubstep mixes or every 8 Oclock or whenever have a full hour of dubstep, Rap, ect. You can name it dubstep hour. And fill in the other spaces of time with requests. Sorry for any misspellings im on my cellphone :P Also I love how everyone saying that there DJ's :P

Quote Originally Posted by I Rule MU View Post
    Plus we need to play songs like this

It's So Cold in the D - YouTube

Or songs like this

Rifle Burs (original) - YouTube

InactiveRank
    Nov 2010 Join Date
    231Posts

Awkward coincidence, I seem to have a dedicated server with nothing on it but ShoutCast DNAS v1.9.8..

I wouldn't mind opening the ports and setting up a panel if people would be interested.

InactiveRank
    Aug 2011 Join Date
    London, UKLocation
    23Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MentaL View Post
    i wouldn't mind. Would be a good way to promote my solo material. Unborn MentaL - Welsh Heavy Metal Instrumentals
    oh lord!

If this radio is introduced, it's extremely easy somewhat in the technical side, vBulletin plugin and it will probably be somewhere in the online user count section.. but don't make it automatically played! I've done then when I've worked for users in the past and it's the ultimate annoyance.

As a frank newb, my opinion means sweet f-all, but I'm all for it regardless! I just hate metal haha.

Alpha MaleRank
    Apr 2011 Join Date
    Chadderton, UKLocation
    1,839Posts

Quote Originally Posted by King Towel View Post
    Awkward coincidence, I seem to have a dedicated server with nothing on it but ShoutCast DNAS v1.9.8..

I wouldn't mind opening the ports and setting up a panel if people would be interested.
    As I am the person who came up with the idea, I wouldnt mind helping setting it up. :) PM me
    kid fucked in the ass.

The OmegaRank
    Apr 2005 Join Date

All you guys wanting to be DJ's, just fyi, you'll have to convert all your music to whatever bitrate is supported by the server we get.

I could purchase a server for RZ and help manage everything as I've done many SC stations in the past. Charging for ads would pay off the server every month and make a nice profit for you dan. We'd need listeners of course though, which is the harder part.

Without having a set genre we'd need either 5-6 DJ's who can come on daily with varying music tastes or start building a library of top random music.
    RF-Dev Team

Alpha MaleRank
    Apr 2011 Join Date
    Chadderton, UKLocation
    1,839Posts

Well if anyone makes the server I will help with maintaining it, hiring DJ's and making a rota so we know what DJ's are on and when.
    kid fucked in the ass.

InactiveRank
    Aug 2011 Join Date
    London, UKLocation
    23Posts

Quote Originally Posted by </Kidrambodubstep\> View Post
    Well if anyone makes the server I will help with maintaining it, hiring DJ's and making a rota so we know what DJ's are on and when.
    Do you really think there is enough demand on this site to have a 24/7 radio?

Alpha MaleRank
    Apr 2011 Join Date
    Chadderton, UKLocation
    1,839Posts

Ye, people will want to listen to music while roaming the forums. when it starts lots of people will start listening to it.
    kid fucked in the ass.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Advertisement