Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    GammaRank
    Feb 2009 Join Date
    ON, CanadaLocation
    3,313Posts

Re: RaGEZONE needs Rage Zone (:

RaGEZONE Recommends

RaGEZONE Recommends

1. Always show respect towards each other. Flames and personal attacks are not welcome at RaGEZONE. This includes but not limited to; racism, xenophobia, etc.

12. Do not use excessive foul language.

A rage section would contradict these two rules. Not to mention you can get infracted for:

Insulting a Member
    Using inappropriate language

If you take those two out of the rage section then it wouldn't be a rage section at all.

@Error, Then they should share it with their real life friends. Spouting it out on the internet will get you nowhere. If it's real life, you can say it over the phone and laugh about it later. On the internet, you will have people shouting out their own opinions about you blowing a gasket because your boss didn't give you a promotion. It will lead to a whole new kind of flame war after that.

Would any of you like it if you posted your days rage and then someone came and said:

"Wow you really need to put some ice on your ass. Why would you be crying over not getting a raise? It's life, it's a job, get over it"
    Last edited by Dell Honne; 08-09-10 at 02:51 AM.

InactiveRank
    Aug 2010 Join Date
    The NetherlandsLocation
    448Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Error 404 View Post
    If person is angry, he have to share it with someone, rather than keeping it inside. If people are angry at someone, they dont have to mention the name (:
    I've seen only 1 forum that had the section. I was really amazed by that idea, but when I went into the section, the main focus wasn't on a coarse language, it was more focused on releasing all the filth people had inside. Starting with the Boss at work, finishing by the cat at home (lol).
    you forgot one thing,

Insulting someone on the internet is little different then in real life. Yes, it brings less risks for the insulter, but the person receiving the insults will not be less insulted.

GammaRank
    Jul 2007 Join Date
    3,317Posts

Okay, lets put this suggestion in another words. How about having a "Our Life" section.. Rather than RAGE idea, which is already disliked. People do have problems in life.

Besides, there's nothing wrong with using swearing words to express yourself. The rule state, as long as you dont insult anyone. This is forum for grown-ups, as 12 year olds should understand circumstances and responsibility of creating private servers. Thats why I dont understand why words like "F***", etc are not allowed to be used.

@ Dell, people who cant take a "s*it" will snap after first comeback that is made. I do agree it is flame most of the time, but people who cant take criticism, shouldn't even be on forums/releasing stuff. (:
    Last edited by 404; 08-09-10 at 02:55 AM.

GammaRank
    Feb 2009 Join Date
    ON, CanadaLocation
    3,313Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Error 404 View Post
    Okay, lets put this suggestion in another words. How about having a "Our Life" section.. Rather than RAGE idea, which is already disliked. People do have problems in life.

Besides, there's nothing wrong with using swearing words to express yourself. The rule state, as long as you dont insult anyone. This is forum for grown-ups, as 12 year olds should understand circumstances and responsibility of creating private servers. Thats why I dont understand why words like "F***", etc are not allowed to be used.
    I believe someone above said it but "Our Life" would be same as The Outerworld. It's there so you can talk about anything, even IRL stuff.

Nowhere have i seen in the rules that this forum is for "grown ups"... This forum is meant to be used by people ages 12 - 30 or higher. The "grown ups" should be the ones acting more mature and not swear here then.

The only place for "grown ups" would be the 18+ section.

Evolution : RaGEZONE - The Outerworld at RaGEZONE.com

Edit: The rule clearly says Do not use foul language. Whether your an adult or not you have to follow that rule.
    Last edited by Dell Honne; 08-09-10 at 03:02 AM.

GammaRank
    Jul 2007 Join Date
    3,317Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dell Honne View Post
    Nowhere have i seen in the rules that this forum is for "grown ups"... This forum is meant to be used by people ages 12 - 30 or higher.
    Ahh, i dont want to go offtopic, therefore I am not going to reply (:

Since no-one is up for this idea, whats the point of keep discussing this?

GammaRank
    Feb 2009 Join Date
    ON, CanadaLocation
    3,313Posts

I love how you avoid answering something by coming up with an excuse.

Now if no one is up for the idea then close the thread. That's what your supposed to do.
    Last edited by Dell Honne; 08-09-10 at 03:16 AM.

GammaRank
    Jul 2007 Join Date
    3,317Posts

Okay, here's my answer to your statement:
    12 year old skids should know their circumstances if they succeed with their private servers. Private servers are illegal, and therefore whoever is using them, should act like a mature person, rather than a skid. There are no age restrictions, but nothing can be done, to stop 12 year old kids from making private servers. They shutdown after a month anyway hahah..

Threads in "The Front Desk" section, can not be closed by thread starters, you'r mod, you should of got it by now.

GammaRank
    Apr 2007 Join Date
    JerseyLocation
    4,548Posts

He doesn't have authority in this section.

Dell Honne lets be serious. The Outerworld is NOTHING like the section he suggested. You probably joined after spamzilla was removed, but it was a success. Yes there was flaming going on around the clock. But the forum was active and fun.

Like I said before, let someone who usually scares the crap out of people moderate the section. I'm pretty sure that if controlled properly, the section would be a huge hit. One of the main reasons I am behind this is because I know that such a section would bring back some people that we all love and miss.

---------- Post added at 09:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:23 PM ----------

P.S. What kind of a counter argument is "you should rage at your friends in real life?" Half of your points make me question your intelligence. That's like saying we shouldn't discuss current events because it should be reserved for something you do with people you know in person. Ranting is a part of life and since RaGEZONE embraces almost everything else, we should give the section a chance [again].
    Last edited by I Rule MU; 08-09-10 at 09:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Batz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Parker View Post
    When IRMU makes a thread you don't question it, you just respect his authority.
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage View Post
    QFT. Everyone knows IRMU's authority.
    Yeah, and he's awesome. He's so awesome that I put him in Family category on MSN.

True MemberRank
    Apr 2006 Join Date
    AmericaLocation
    922Posts

GammaRank
    Mar 2009 Join Date
    SydneyLocation
    2,968Posts

I acually agree with this. Instead of people raging on releases, why not rage in a new section?

---------- Post added at 05:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:49 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dell Honne View Post
    I believe someone above said it but "Our Life" would be same as The Outerworld. It's there so you can talk about anything, even IRL stuff.

Nowhere have i seen in the rules that this forum is for "grown ups"... This forum is meant to be used by people ages 12 - 30 or higher. The "grown ups" should be the ones acting more mature and not swear here then.

The only place for "grown ups" would be the 18+ section.

Evolution : RaGEZONE - The Outerworld at RaGEZONE.com

Edit: The rule clearly says Do not use foul language. Whether your an adult or not you have to follow that rule.
    Who said we have to rage and swear?
    Some adults here are less mature then most members.
    And alot of underage go to the 18+ section (Not me )

GammaRank
    Oct 1985 Join Date
    Up NorthLocation
    2,095Posts

Quote Originally Posted by -Daniel- View Post
    (..)
    And alot of underage go to the 18+ section (Not me )
    Dats because you don't like the boobies amirite?

GammaRank
    Mar 2009 Join Date
    SydneyLocation
    2,968Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fulzo View Post
    Dats because you don't like the boobies amirite?
    It was sarcasm?

GammaRank
    Nov 2009 Join Date
    2,957Posts

I thought that the vBulletin blog was there so that we didn't make stupid threads requesting to make some section to tell the world how so and so hurt my feelings and i'm taking it out on my keyboard.
    Last edited by rice; 08-09-10 at 09:02 AM. Reason: eh, forgot the punctuation

GammaRank
    Oct 1985 Join Date
    Up NorthLocation
    2,095Posts

Quote Originally Posted by -Daniel- View Post
    It was sarcasm?
    You prefer a nice black hard penis right?

LegendRank
    May 2007 Join Date
    United KingdomLocation
    8,505Posts

Great idea, let's let all the moany little kids go to a section and vent when infact nobody on the internet really cares about what they're venting about. If you have a problem with someone isn't that why we have MSN? And of course whenever other people join in the convo the OP doesn't like it if they're against him/her and end up calling the person a little bitch and it goes on from there. A vent section is pretty damn stupid as it basically bypasses all rules which prevent people from moaning their faces off.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Advertisement