Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Ragezone's Own Habbo Retro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crawl Me Maybe
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Do you guys think RageZone should create a Hotel.

I reckon if RageZone created a hotel it would get quite popular due to the ammount of people who visit the Habbo Hotel section each day. They already have their own Runescape, WoW and Lineage, So why not a Retro

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Really good idea but please be cool and make a non laggy server (because all new retro are quite laggy).

MDK

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
It would be nice as long as it's got good developers. I know it would be popular, as Habbo is one of the most active sections on the forum along with MapleStory and it's well worth it.

Master Summoner
Reaction score
I'd play it.. if I was really bored & about to kill myself.

Though, it's a good idea I guess.

I thought I saw a banner for a server on this forum called "RageHotel" or something though? :O

MDK

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
RageHotel isn't official. They pay Dan something like 50 dollars a month for an advertisement.

MDK

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
It wouldn't really be full of Habboons. Most likely decent developers. Otaku doesn't have developers.

Reaction score
That's a fairpoint. There are a lot of decent developers that reside here, but still, aswell as creating a lot of revenue, it's going to attract a lot of people, quite possibly the wrong people. IF we were to introduce a HH retro, then it'd be wise to introduce a counteraction server such as MS etc.

MDK

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Intelligent developers are hard to find nowadays but we'd try our best to get the best team of Developers we could...

Expenses wouldn't be too dear and that's really kind of you.

Software Engineer
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I would consider it if there where intelligent developers working on it, and i would cover the expenses.
There's only like 2 people so far left who still develop who would be any good for an official hotel. They don't contribute anymore though(they keep to themselves now). However, if anyone offers to set up a hotel I advise you to contact Donkjam or myself to avoid embarrassment from wannabe developers.

~ Moogly

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
If anything, I would recommend using Privilege's emulator that was coded from scratch. It's quite stable at 250+ users online, and it's still a work in progress. There's also a secure CMS being developed by iJames, and I'm helping him with the designing aspect, and various other things. The only thing that I could see as a potential problem is the funding.

But overall, I don't mind the idea of an official RaGEZONE hotel, as it could get the community more connected, as Habbo Hotel is more or less a chat room.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I'm surprised this hasn't been shot down in flames. I was expecting to read replies such as 'this is a bad idea blablabla' but I'm glad that it could potentially be considered and put in to motion.

I would personally visit the Hotel and as RastaLulz pointed out (which is a very good point) Habbo is a more or less chat room which could get the community connected.

In addition there isn't really any good longlasting and well developed HabboHotel retros out there so we could potentially be the pioneers of this area.

Crawl Me Maybe
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I would consider it if there where intelligent developers working on it, and i would cover the expenses.

I could do events / graphics. I have quite alot of experience with phpretro also.

But overall Nillus and Meth0d was the main developers of habbo retros and they both quit doing it. Theres only 2 or 3 decent developers left in the Habbo Hotel section. But maybe having a hotel would attract more developers from other places. It would also maybe get the community more together as they can chat normally in rooms instead of having to post, then keep checking back to see if anyone has replied.

I think the main developers now are maybe privelege, Cecer1, Moogly ( I think ) and awa500. Correct me if i'm wrong about them. I know awa500 is good at c#

Last edited:
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I could do events / graphics. I have quite alot of experience with phpretro also.

But overall Nillus and Meth0d was the main developers of habbo retros and they both quit doing it. Theres only 2 or 3 decent developers left in the Habbo Hotel section. But maybe having a hotel would attract more developers from other places. It would also maybe get the community more together as they can chat normally in rooms instead of having to post, then keep checking back to see if anyone has replied.

I think the main developers now are maybe privelege, Cecer1, Moogly ( I think ) and awa500. Correct me if i'm wrong about them. I know awa500 is good at c#
And what would that experience with PHP retro count anyways? Are you actually expecting the Official RaGEZONE Habbo Hotel Retro to be ran off a modified HoloEmu and PHPRetro? No, I don't think so. The idea of bringing up an Official RZ Retro has been brought up severall times in the past, they always failed because no one could keep up with it. I'm not sure what has changed since then, considering the low quantity of active developers on the Habbo section. (Yes, because those who just release a fix on where you have to change a variable in order for it to work and call themselves "Developers" aren't really that, are they?). Before actually putting this idea up, we'd need proper developers, like it was stated before. Proper and trusted developers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back