Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Ragezone's Own Habbo Retro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crawl Me Maybe
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Do you guys think RageZone should create a Hotel.

I reckon if RageZone created a hotel it would get quite popular due to the ammount of people who visit the Habbo Hotel section each day. They already have their own Runescape, WoW and Lineage, So why not a Retro

Software Engineer
Loyal Member
Reaction score
If anything, I would recommend using Privilege's emulator that was coded from scratch. It's quite stable at 250+ users online, and it's still a work in progress. There's also a secure CMS being developed by iJames, and I'm helping him with the designing aspect, and various other things. The only thing that I could see as a potential problem is the funding.

But overall, I don't mind the idea of an official RaGEZONE hotel, as it could get the community more connected, as Habbo Hotel is more or less a chat room.

I hate to bash on Privilege's Emulator but VB6 just wont be good enough for this type of project. Easily such a hotel would see caps of thousands of users, which is not something that Privilege's emulator is capable of holding. I've seen hotels that aren't even advertised on RaGEZONE hit caps of thousands of users, imagine if we advertised it as the official hotel.

I think the main developers now are maybe privelege, Cecer1, Moogly ( I think ) and awa500. Correct me if i'm wrong about them. I know awa500 is good at c#

You're more or less close to the truth though we're all separated people, we have our own paths. I personally keep to myself nowadays and do small projects now and then. As for the rest, they seem to be fading away as well. I think the only serious developer you've mentioned would have to be Privilege but as I stated above I don't recommend his server for an Official Private Server for RaGEZONE...

However, if people really want an official hotel I can honestly get a real server together I've got access to private sources (never released which I have specific permissions to use), plus I'm probably on best terms with most developers I'm sure if I can't handle something myself I can ask for help or figure it out, considering my experience in the section I have doubts of any screw ups. Though this depends on whether people really want an official server or not, and whether or not another alternative is discovered (a new server or developer), I have several options in case nobody is found to step up.

Crawl Me Maybe
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I hate to bash on Privilege's Emulator but VB6 just wont be good enough for this type of project. Easily such a hotel would see caps of thousands of users, which is not something that Privilege's emulator is capable of holding. I've seen hotels that aren't even advertised on RaGEZONE hit caps of thousands of users, imagine if we advertised it as the official hotel.

You're more or less close to the truth though we're all separated people, we have our own paths. I personally keep to myself nowadays and do small projects now and then. As for the rest, they seem to be fading away as well. I think the only serious developer you've mentioned would have to be Privilege but as I stated above I don't recommend his server for an Official Private Server for RaGEZONE...

However, if people really want an official hotel I can honestly get a real server together I've got access to private sources (never released which I have specific permissions to use), plus I'm probably on best terms with most developers I'm sure if I can't handle something myself I can ask for help or figure it out, considering my experience in the section I have doubts of any screw ups. Though this depends on whether people really want an official server or not, and whether or not another alternative is discovered (a new server or developer), I have several options in case nobody is found to step up.

Why dont you ask MentaL if you can maybe setup a server. if it fails, he can close it. In my opinion I dont think it will fail due to the popularity of Ragezone. But for the developers it may be hard to find them. If he agrees, I guess I could help you with a bit of it, But I'm not great at coding etc. I know how to set-up the emulator and CMS

Last edited:
Rip Akaruz
Loyal Member
Reaction score
lol i was quite a good HH developer, still am.. but yeah, there was going to be an official HH but they quit the project i think, BTW dan need to talk.

Super-Moderator
Staff member
Super-Moderator
Reaction score
Well first off you would have to gather a team of serious developers (Donkjam, Moogly & cecer1 are the only 3 that I see fit to do this). Not those who find releases from other forums and throw it into and emulator and say they made it. Second, we would need PHP coders (perferably RastaLulz and some others? Sorry if I do not know any others). Reason being if we want it to become an Official Habbo Hotel of RaGEZONE, it will need to be on its on Habbo based CMS. Not from HoloCMS or PHPRetro (not saying they are bad in any way). Thirdly, we would have to think of how much users we would be looking to manage (RaGEZONE is the largest MMORPG PS Forum. So any means of them making a hotel they would need to have an emulator capable of holding per say 1,000+)
Fourthly we would have to think on which type of Dedicated hosting we will want to buy. Not any VPS will do if we are serious about this project.
And last but not least, who will pay for the hosting if we were to go through with this.
This is just my thoughts on the matter, correct me in any area that you see fit.

Crawl Me Maybe
Loyal Member
Reaction score
As mental said above. He will cover the expenses / costs

"I would consider it if there where intelligent developers working on it, and i would cover the expenses."

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Habbo is for kids ;>

MentaL is very kind that he will cover the expenses, GooDLuCk!

Last edited:

ViQ

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Yeah, love this idea. I'd defiantly play it.

I would also help with server costs and such..

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Habbo isn`t for kids?

Its not for adults but teens can to have fun on it?
The real game isn`t fun but when you dont need to pay for credits its fun.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I would play this... I can't find any good hotels anymore. Some of the staff are pricks and some people in the hotel community are aswell. But seeing the people in the HH section of RZ is the complete opposite. :D

Atleast Die Trying...
Loyal Member
Reaction score
i Think That This would be successful including that we have 2184409820491 members and partial of that would have that hotel packed up

i didnt do this.
Loyal Member
Reaction score
heres my view on this..You have to think..What server will be used? we dont want a crap Holograph driven server...

Who would the "manager" be...Who would the mods be...

People will moan over what it used...and well i'd rather have priveleges server over a holograph server anyday, as privileges is by far the best coded,most features & UP-TO-DATE.

Last edited:
WowIwasSuperCringeB4
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I think it'd be great.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Maybe MentaL or the rest of the Rage-Zone team isn't interested in Habbo. But Runescape is pathetic they would make a decent profit off selling VIP.

Crawl Me Maybe
Loyal Member
Reaction score
The income from VIP would be quite high, yes. I could maybe develop some of the CMS as I know PHP, I could also do some of the designing. But thinking about the server they are going to use etc could cause some argueing as most people like V26 and most like R50+. I for one prefer V26.

The one and only!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a great idea, could get a fair bit of money from the VIP like Crawl said, but to make it unique, you should start from scratch. By creating a brand-new fast server and simple not to fussy custom CMS, people from outside RaGEZONE will be attracted and most likely get some more publicity for the forums!

Crawl Me Maybe
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Creating a brand new emulator from scratch can take upto a year.

Even if the retro doesn't succeed after a month or 2, Dan could easily close it.

Last edited:
Reaction score
heres my view on this..You have to think..What server will be used? we dont want a crap Holograph driven server...

Who would the "manager" be...Who would the mods be...

People will moan over what it used...and well i'd rather have priveleges server over a holograph server anyday, as privileges is by far the best coded,most features & UP-TO-DATE.
He needs to change to C# or something

Me: how is the lagg issue?
Him: Impossible to patch @ VB6
Him: I noted
Him: I tried coding a Multithreader
Him: and it apeared like a onethreader lol
Him: The onliest fastest way is 5servers for one Hotel like runescape ;P
Him: Then there only 150users online per server ;P
Him: 5servers
Him: =5*150=750 users = maxmum

Or do the 5 server thing.

Status