BannedRank
    Jan 2009 Join Date
    Australia, OLD.Location
    695Posts

Re: Ragezone's Own Habbo Retro

RaGEZONE Recommends

RaGEZONE Recommends

Quote Originally Posted by ReferaL View Post
    :D , A HabboRP :D And Kick Otaku Studious HabboRP Ass , RageRP :)
    RolePlay suck dick

V1 is better as mine is realbasic and can run on Linux

InactiveRank
    Dec 2007 Join Date
    EarthLocation
    3,423Posts

If anything, I would recommend using Privilege's emulator that was coded from scratch. It's quite stable at 250+ users online, and it's still a work in progress. There's also a secure CMS being developed by iJames, and I'm helping him with the designing aspect, and various other things. The only thing that I could see as a potential problem is the funding.

But overall, I don't mind the idea of an official RaGEZONE hotel, as it could get the community more connected, as Habbo Hotel is more or less a chat room.

InactiveRank
    Apr 2007 Join Date
    204Posts

I'm surprised this hasn't been shot down in flames. I was expecting to read replies such as 'this is a bad idea blablabla' but I'm glad that it could potentially be considered and put in to motion.

I would personally visit the Hotel and as RastaLulz pointed out (which is a very good point) Habbo is a more or less chat room which could get the community connected.

In addition there isn't really any good longlasting and well developed HabboHotel retros out there so we could potentially be the pioneers of this area.

Alpha MaleRank
    Aug 2009 Join Date
    Behind YouLocation
    2,166Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MentaL View Post
    I would consider it if there where intelligent developers working on it, and i would cover the expenses.
    I could do events / graphics. I have quite alot of experience with phpretro also.

But overall Nillus and Meth0d was the main developers of habbo retros and they both quit doing it. Theres only 2 or 3 decent developers left in the Habbo Hotel section. But maybe having a hotel would attract more developers from other places. It would also maybe get the community more together as they can chat normally in rooms instead of having to post, then keep checking back to see if anyone has replied.

I think the main developers now are maybe privelege, Cecer1, Moogly ( I think ) and awa500. Correct me if i'm wrong about them. I know awa500 is good at c#
    Last edited by Crawl; 17-07-10 at 06:40 PM.

Alpha MaleRank
    Dec 2007 Join Date
    Portugal ~Location
    1,642Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Crawl View Post
    I could do events / graphics. I have quite alot of experience with phpretro also.

But overall Nillus and Meth0d was the main developers of habbo retros and they both quit doing it. Theres only 2 or 3 decent developers left in the Habbo Hotel section. But maybe having a hotel would attract more developers from other places. It would also maybe get the community more together as they can chat normally in rooms instead of having to post, then keep checking back to see if anyone has replied.

I think the main developers now are maybe privelege, Cecer1, Moogly ( I think ) and awa500. Correct me if i'm wrong about them. I know awa500 is good at c#
    And what would that experience with PHP retro count anyways? Are you actually expecting the Official RaGEZONE Habbo Hotel Retro to be ran off a modified HoloEmu and PHPRetro? No, I don't think so. The idea of bringing up an Official RZ Retro has been brought up severall times in the past, they always failed because no one could keep up with it. I'm not sure what has changed since then, considering the low quantity of active developers on the Habbo section. (Yes, because those who just release a fix on where you have to change a variable in order for it to work and call themselves "Developers" aren't really that, are they?). Before actually putting this idea up, we'd need proper developers, like it was stated before. Proper and trusted developers.

Alpha MaleRank
    Feb 2008 Join Date
    Vault 111Location
    2,336Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RastaLulz View Post
    If anything, I would recommend using Privilege's emulator that was coded from scratch. It's quite stable at 250+ users online, and it's still a work in progress. There's also a secure CMS being developed by iJames, and I'm helping him with the designing aspect, and various other things. The only thing that I could see as a potential problem is the funding.

But overall, I don't mind the idea of an official RaGEZONE hotel, as it could get the community more connected, as Habbo Hotel is more or less a chat room.
    I hate to bash on Privilege's Emulator but VB6 just wont be good enough for this type of project. Easily such a hotel would see caps of thousands of users, which is not something that Privilege's emulator is capable of holding. I've seen hotels that aren't even advertised on RaGEZONE hit caps of thousands of users, imagine if we advertised it as the official hotel.

Quote Originally Posted by Crawl View Post
    You're more or less close to the truth though we're all separated people, we have our own paths. I personally keep to myself nowadays and do small projects now and then. As for the rest, they seem to be fading away as well. I think the only serious developer you've mentioned would have to be Privilege but as I stated above I don't recommend his server for an Official Private Server for RaGEZONE...

However, if people really want an official hotel I can honestly get a real server together I've got access to private sources (never released which I have specific permissions to use), plus I'm probably on best terms with most developers I'm sure if I can't handle something myself I can ask for help or figure it out, considering my experience in the section I have doubts of any screw ups. Though this depends on whether people really want an official server or not, and whether or not another alternative is discovered (a new server or developer), I have several options in case nobody is found to step up.

Alpha MaleRank
    Aug 2009 Join Date
    Behind YouLocation
    2,166Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Moogly View Post
    I hate to bash on Privilege's Emulator but VB6 just wont be good enough for this type of project. Easily such a hotel would see caps of thousands of users, which is not something that Privilege's emulator is capable of holding. I've seen hotels that aren't even advertised on RaGEZONE hit caps of thousands of users, imagine if we advertised it as the official hotel.

You're more or less close to the truth though we're all separated people, we have our own paths. I personally keep to myself nowadays and do small projects now and then. As for the rest, they seem to be fading away as well. I think the only serious developer you've mentioned would have to be Privilege but as I stated above I don't recommend his server for an Official Private Server for RaGEZONE...

However, if people really want an official hotel I can honestly get a real server together I've got access to private sources (never released which I have specific permissions to use), plus I'm probably on best terms with most developers I'm sure if I can't handle something myself I can ask for help or figure it out, considering my experience in the section I have doubts of any screw ups. Though this depends on whether people really want an official server or not, and whether or not another alternative is discovered (a new server or developer), I have several options in case nobody is found to step up.
    Why dont you ask MentaL if you can maybe setup a server. if it fails, he can close it. In my opinion I dont think it will fail due to the popularity of Ragezone. But for the developers it may be hard to find them. If he agrees, I guess I could help you with a bit of it, But I'm not great at coding etc. I know how to set-up the emulator and CMS
    Last edited by Crawl; 17-07-10 at 08:36 PM.

Alpha MaleRank
    Dec 2007 Join Date
    InternetLocation
    1,827Posts

lol i was quite a good HH developer, still am.. but yeah, there was going to be an official HH but they quit the project i think, BTW dan need to talk.

Super ModRank
    Apr 2009 Join Date
    The BahamasLocation
    3,692Posts

Well first off you would have to gather a team of serious developers (Donkjam, Moogly & cecer1 are the only 3 that I see fit to do this). Not those who find releases from other forums and throw it into and emulator and say they made it. Second, we would need PHP coders (perferably RastaLulz and some others? Sorry if I do not know any others). Reason being if we want it to become an Official Habbo Hotel of RaGEZONE, it will need to be on its on Habbo based CMS. Not from HoloCMS or PHPRetro (not saying they are bad in any way). Thirdly, we would have to think of how much users we would be looking to manage (RaGEZONE is the largest MMORPG PS Forum. So any means of them making a hotel they would need to have an emulator capable of holding per say 1,000+)
    Fourthly we would have to think on which type of Dedicated hosting we will want to buy. Not any VPS will do if we are serious about this project.
    And last but not least, who will pay for the hosting if we were to go through with this.
    This is just my thoughts on the matter, correct me in any area that you see fit.

"The privilege they never get to know"

Alpha MaleRank
    Aug 2009 Join Date
    Behind YouLocation
    2,166Posts

As mental said above. He will cover the expenses / costs

"I would consider it if there where intelligent developers working on it, and i would cover the expenses."

LegendRank
    Jun 2007 Join Date
    JerseyLocation
    4,136Posts

That would be amazing, when I get money I will be sure to donate :D

True MemberRank
    Jul 2007 Join Date
    334Posts

Habbo is for kids ;>

MentaL is very kind that he will cover the expenses, GooDLuCk!
    Last edited by Luriflax; 18-07-10 at 09:37 AM.

InactiveRank
    Jul 2010 Join Date
    AustraliaLocation
    23Posts

Yeah, love this idea. I'd defiantly play it.

I would also help with server costs and such..

Alpha MaleRank
    Aug 2009 Join Date
    Behind YouLocation
    2,166Posts

Quote Originally Posted by psykoo View Post
    Habbo is for kids ;>

MentaL is very kind that he will cover the expenses, GooDLuCk!
    Explain the habbo is for kids bit.. It is for teens

InactiveRank
    Sep 2009 Join Date
    25Posts

Habbo isn`t for kids?

Its not for adults but teens can to have fun on it?
    The real game isn`t fun but when you dont need to pay for credits its fun.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Advertisement