Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Remove "Must like to view content"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Recently it came to my attention that the VIP carepackage is allowed to have certain pieces of a thread restricted from viewing. This content becomes visible after liking the post.

In my opinion this is useless and only shows OP wants to boost their like rate.

Currently there is this thread in the Habbo Hotel section where the download link becomes visible after liking the content: http://forum.ragezone.com/f353/azure-emulator-1-0-dev-1045292/

When people want to download it they have to give the post a like in order to get the download link. Especially in a RELEASE section I think anything that is being posted must be visible to everyone regarding of wether you (dis-)like it or having a certain rank.

People should be able to like it after they have reviewed the downloaded content, not upfront.

Currently only Sir Jamal is using this useless feature that is totally not made for a release thread. Boosting his ego and e-peen by begging for likes is just wrong. People should make up their own mind wether they want to like it or not after having downloaded the released content.

So hereby I request to have this feature removed from the VIP carepackage as:

- It is just useless.
- People should make up their own mind wether they like it or not.
- OP shouldn't be using it only to increase his ego.
- Makes release threads useless.
- Nobody uses it only Jamal.
- Regular people it takes years to grow likes. Now it is just releasing 1 thing no matter how poop it is and boom, 100+ likes.

Thanks.

Ps: Sir Jamal stop disliking all my posts.

Last edited:
Reaction score
In this particular case it doesn't even follow the Habbo Hotel Release section rules which state that:

"Release the content in your release in the first post."

As it is not visible unless given a like, it is breaking the rules.

Also it doesn't include a screenshot. x)

Reaction score
In this particular case it doesn't even follow the Habbo Hotel Release section rules which state that:

"Release the content in your release in the first post."

As it is not visible unless given a like, it is breaking the rules.

Also it doesn't include a screenshot. x)

Actually it haves, but I agree. I always hated forums that extorsions the user to have a min amount of post to getting the link or likeing to get the link. This is wrong. I always liked ragezone that it is more open to the final user.

Reaction score
Well yeah, these things can and will be easily abused. I get that the V.I.P. package costs over $100, but does that buy them also likes in weeks that others earn in tens of years? I mean, I know everyone's like "likes, post, and reputation don't really count" but deep in our heart we are all proud of it, and we try to get as much as we can. So yeah I do vote for features like the one mentioned above to have some kind of cooldown? Or removed all together.

Reaction score
I actually didn't know about this feature and I also don't think it's breaking any rules in that section as he has released content.
I don't think this is an issue at the moment, unless people abuse this feature I see no current harm in it, but I am being biased.

Don't get too jealous The General, just donate enough to MentaL and you can bump up your likes too? ;)

Reaction score
I actually didn't know about this feature and I also don't think it's breaking any rules in that section as he has released content.
I don't think this is an issue at the moment, unless people abuse this feature I see no current harm in it, but I am being biased.

Don't get too jealous The General, just donate enough to MentaL and you can bump up your likes too? ;)

I see. So staff members should donate to get that feature ...

Reaction score

It takes away the release part of such a post. Only time I would agree is when you post Phoenix. *hint hint*

I'm a student, what you expect? Me having money is like me having a life. Both not gonna happen anytime soon.

Reaction score
I see. So staff members should donate to get that feature ...
As a member of staff, you shouldn't need the feature to bump up your likes, announcing rule changes and closing threads usually does the trick. I'm sure MentaL wouldn't mind the extra money for server uptime/upgrades.

It takes away the release part of such a post. Only time I would agree is when you post Phoenix. *hint hint*

I'm a student, what you expect? Me having money is like me having a life. Both not gonna happen anytime soon.

Get a part-time Saturday job buddy.

Ben

Developer - JS
Developer
Reaction score
Serious?

:junglejane: You must like to see this boost

The picture xD Just silly :) could try that in the 18+ section :p

404_image.png

Last edited:
Master Summoner
Reaction score
You have right wesley but what else would make the VIP package so special? It's over 100$ worth and without any cool things nobody will buy it.
And i know that you only started this thread since you started dislike every post of me, even my update's are getting dislikes by only you!

Reaction score
I want the VIP Rank to mean something. Any person who uses a VIP subscription is personally supporting my family and the way I feel I can show a thank you to them is to give them some additional benefits permitting they're within the rules. Whilst I can see some of the rules being not to enforce likes to share but the content is visible upon liking. A user may chose to remove the like and still have the content downloaded on his computer.

IF enough users can justify removal of this feature for the couple of VIPS we have then maybe I shall. Feel free to comment or call me a bad admin, i'll review all points made by users.

Reaction score
You have right wesley but what else would make the VIP package so special? It's over 100$ worth and without any cool things nobody will buy it.
And i know that you only started this thread since you started dislike every post of me, even my update's are getting dislikes by only you!

It is like pay to win. Where people takes it years to get there, it now all is about just a few releases and the correct audience and you're there.

//---

It is funny how you try to put the blame in my shoes. I made a post in your thread and all your 'friends' who helped you rename butterfly emulator start disliking my post too. Currently it again shows you cannot speak the truth. The 4 posts I made in this threads have all been disliked by you except one. And stop PM'ing me trying to put the blame on me. You started structurally disliking my posts and you're just jealous I made this thread.

"Leuk en aardig dat dislike, ik denk dat we er eens mee moeten ophouden. Ik schiet er niks mee op en jij ook vast niet. Ik begrijp dat je het irritant vind. Alleen vind ik het wel zielig dat je een thread gaat maken over mijn extratje"
-> Nice that dislike feature though I think you should quit with it. I don't gain anything from it neither do you. I understand you find it annoying. I think it is low to start a thread about my special feature.

Your updates are all along the lines of:

"Like if you want to have the download" or "Like if you want more updates." It is like you're living on the damn likes and can't stand it when someone just dislikes your post. You instantly feel you ego getting hurt and start disliking all the post I make even outside of your thread without any commenting or any other constructive reason. Sure you have all the rights to dislike any post but I think it is abusing the feature when you start disliking any post based on your personal opinion about me.

Guess you feel cool with the more likes than posts and the adress of Elisa in your location. I don't care about how much money you pay MentaL. Even if you sold your soul to him. As a matter of fact you're just compulsive disliking anything that hurts your ego.

Reaction score
I want the VIP Rank to mean something. Any person who uses a VIP subscription is personally supporting my family and the way I feel I can show a thank you to them is to give them some additional benefits permitting they're within the rules. Whilst I can see some of the rules being not to enforce likes to share but the content is visible upon liking. A user may chose to remove the like and still have the content downloaded on his computer.

IF enough users can justify removal of this feature for the couple of VIPS we have then maybe I shall. Feel free to comment or call me a bad admin, i'll review all points made by users.

I'll gather some money for the VIP.

Now you can tag me!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I think it's fair and responsible, after all, it's 100$. A huge contribution to a forum who needs the money to continue running.

It's a small benefit which the VIP's deserve. That's my 50 cents.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back