Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Remove "Must like to view content"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Recently it came to my attention that the VIP carepackage is allowed to have certain pieces of a thread restricted from viewing. This content becomes visible after liking the post.

In my opinion this is useless and only shows OP wants to boost their like rate.

Currently there is this thread in the Habbo Hotel section where the download link becomes visible after liking the content: http://forum.ragezone.com/f353/azure-emulator-1-0-dev-1045292/

When people want to download it they have to give the post a like in order to get the download link. Especially in a RELEASE section I think anything that is being posted must be visible to everyone regarding of wether you (dis-)like it or having a certain rank.

People should be able to like it after they have reviewed the downloaded content, not upfront.

Currently only Sir Jamal is using this useless feature that is totally not made for a release thread. Boosting his ego and e-peen by begging for likes is just wrong. People should make up their own mind wether they want to like it or not after having downloaded the released content.

So hereby I request to have this feature removed from the VIP carepackage as:

- It is just useless.
- People should make up their own mind wether they like it or not.
- OP shouldn't be using it only to increase his ego.
- Makes release threads useless.
- Nobody uses it only Jamal.
- Regular people it takes years to grow likes. Now it is just releasing 1 thing no matter how poop it is and boom, 100+ likes.

Thanks.

Ps: Sir Jamal stop disliking all my posts.

Last edited:
Pessimistic butt@%&!
Reaction score
Can a post be..."unliked" in any way?

My thoughts are just because you release something not everyone is going to "Like" it....and for them to have to like it just to see if they like it and then find out it's not good at all, I think that creates a snowball effect to all the others behind them that see all the likes, whether it's junk or not, and they too like it because a release post with a ton of likes is known to be a trustworthy download and a good end product.

If you can like it....download it....and if it is junk, unlike the post , then you would have a true "review" of the end product.

And on top of that....if the end product is malicious it always takes a few downloads before it is discovered...so since everyone has to like it to download it....people see those likes and in turn download it due to the popularity of it and chaos ensues!

Reaction score
Can a post be..."unliked" in any way?

My thoughts are just because you release something not everyone is going to "Like" it....and for them to have to like it just to see if they like it and then find out it's not good at all, I think that creates a snowball effect to all the others behind them that see all the likes, whether it's junk or not, and they too like it because a release post with a ton of likes is known to be a trustworthy download and a good end product.

If you can like it....download it....and if it is junk, unlike the post , then you would have a true "review" of the end product.
Yes, you just click the like button again and it will be removed.

Pessimistic butt@%&!
Reaction score
Then...it's not that big of a deal...the "review" concept is intact then.

Reaction score
It is like pay to win. Where people takes it years to get there, it now all is about just a few releases and the correct audience and you're there.

//---

It is funny how you try to put the blame in my shoes. I made a post in your thread and all your 'friends' who helped you rename butterfly emulator start disliking my post too. Currently it again shows you cannot speak the truth. The 4 posts I made in this threads have all been disliked by you except one. And stop PM'ing me trying to put the blame on me. You started structurally disliking my posts and you're just jealous I made this thread.

"Leuk en aardig dat dislike, ik denk dat we er eens mee moeten ophouden. Ik schiet er niks mee op en jij ook vast niet. Ik begrijp dat je het irritant vind. Alleen vind ik het wel zielig dat je een thread gaat maken over mijn extratje"
-> Nice that dislike feature though I think you should quit with it. I don't gain anything from it neither do you. I understand you find it annoying. I think it is low to start a thread about my special feature.

Your updates are all along the lines of:

"Like if you want to have the download" or "Like if you want more updates." It is like you're living on the damn likes and can't stand it when someone just dislikes your post. You instantly feel you ego getting hurt and start disliking all the post I make even outside of your thread without any commenting or any other constructive reason. Sure you have all the rights to dislike any post but I think it is abusing the feature when you start disliking any post based on your personal opinion about me.

Guess you feel cool with the more likes than posts and the adress of Elisa in your location. I don't care about how much money you pay MentaL. Even if you sold your soul to him. As a matter of fact you're just compulsive disliking anything that hurts your ego.
Wow, Wesley this is another lower thing you could talk about, lower then the details you put into this actual post and or any other thing you have complained about. MenTaL introduced the package to support the server and himself and his family, so it stays. It's $100 for crying out loud. So special features are needed, what else are you suppose to give them?, no one is going to buy it otherwise. Now get your your crying head out of your butt for once and stop moaning at everything you come by. This gets you no where in life. I'd actually love to just slit your fingers off so them warrior fingers can't get type happy no more. Can't simply make a thread about a V.i.p Subscription. You're just an attention seeking missile. <- Not trying to start a flame war, I just say it how it is pal. I have no hate against you at all and love what your doing with your emulator as I have read through all the posts on your thread. Just pure hate it when you make a thread about everything, even when the VIP sub has always been here for quite abit now and along with the features, you shouldn't debate against, as its a subscription. It helps.

Last edited:
Pessimistic butt@%&!
Reaction score
Wow, Wesley this is another lower thing you could talk about, lower then the details you put into this actual post and or any other thing you have complained about. MenTaL introduced the package to support the server and himself and his family, so it stays. It's $100 for crying out loud. So special features are needed, what else are you suppose to give them?, no one is going to buy it otherwise. Now get your your crying head out of your butt for once and stop moaning at everything you come by. This gets you no where in life. I'd actually love to just slit your fingers off so them warrior fingers can't get type happy no more. Can't simply make a thread about a V.i.p Subscription. You're just an attention seeking missile. <- Not trying to start a flame war, I just say it how it is pal. I have no hate against you at all and love what your doing with your emulator as I have read through all the posts on your thread. Just pure hate it when you make a thread about everything, even when the VIP sub has always been here for quite abit now and along with the features, you shouldn't debate against, as its a subscription. It helps.

Dude...he was just sharing his opinion and brought it up to see if others felt the same way...no need to crucify him for it.

Reaction score
wow, i never know such a feature, this like system is very popular on the forum in my country...
can staff (moderator, supmod,supvis etc can use this feature? and how? o_O i don't see it on my advanced replay o_O)
i myself agree to this feature...
it's not that every vip gonna release or do something right?
but i suggest to make staff can see the contain without liking the post, so they can moderate/check the release/post without giving like first so moderator can see if it's contain really a release or just abusement :D:

beside, it will teach people to give thanks for the release, you know i hate people who coming, and then gone with the release, sell it outside, doesn't give any like, any thanks reputation and they used it -_-"
if this feature ever being global feature (for normal member too) i would agree to it..
and furthemore, it can be used to enforce rules : post "thanks" is not allowed

Reaction score
Re: Remove &quot;Must like to view content&quot;

I'd like to know if Staff / Developers have this ability?
If so, how do we add it. It isn't the Like count I care about. It is the confirmation as to what information being posted is considered more valuable, so that I'm spending more time on the valuable information and less time on the not so valuable information.
Hope that makes sense.

can staff (moderator, supmod,supvis etc can use this feature? and how? o_O i don't see it on my advanced replay o_O)

This here I don't like. How are Staff supposed to see it at a glance. I don't wish to click Like and then read it just in case it isn't proper posting and then remove the Like afterwards.

Seems to be a major bump in the road to Moderating.
Edited: To clarify my statement about "major bump in the road to Moderating":
When moderating, I don't wish to jump through additional hoops to validate a posting, as most Release threads would be where I'd expect to see this used and those require specific information posted and images etc.
In a non-moderated section, I don't mind having to click the Like to see a post. Just pointing out the difference.

Reaction score
I'd like to know if Staff / Developers have this ability?
If so, how do we add it. It isn't the Like count I care about. It is the confirmation as to what information being posted is considered more valuable, so that I'm spending more time on the valuable information and less time on the not so valuable information.
Hope that makes sense.

This here I don't like. How are Staff supposed to see it at a glance. I don't wish to click Like and then read it just in case it isn't proper posting and then remove the Like afterwards.

Seems to be a major bump in the road to Moderating.
Edited: To clarify my statement about "major bump in the road to Moderating":
When moderating, I don't wish to jump through additional hoops to validate a posting, as most Release threads would be where I'd expect to see this used and those require specific information posted and images etc.
In a non-moderated section, I don't mind having to click the Like to see a post. Just pointing out the difference.

People will like it eventually whenever they think something can be considered valuable. Liking something upfront before having it reviewed is the wrong way around in a section like the release section. Likes should show wether people think it is a good release or not.

Here is a great example: http://forum.ragezone.com/f353/track-visitors-1051145/

I think it is wrong to have the download link hidden in a release section. Other sections I don't really care about and only Jamal is using this feature. Nobody else neither can staff. Jamal is only doing this for the likes. Trying to post as much as possible gathering as many likes as he can.

beside, it will teach people to give thanks for the release, you know i hate people who coming, and then gone with the release, sell it outside, doesn't give any like, any thanks reputation and they used it -_-"
if this feature ever being global feature (for normal member too) i would agree to it..

People should make up their own mind wether the person that releases something deserves a like. They shouldn't be forced to like it only to notice it is a crappy release. You're not going to get a valid view on it if people really like it or not.

It is just wrong in my opinion that people are forced to like some content before even having reviewed it. I don't care in other sections but in a release section releasing server / client files is the main point and those will be reviewed by the community and they make their vote by (dis)liking the content and / or leaving a comment about it.

Posting 'thanks' is just spam BUT it shows that the user actually likes the content released.

45b1f73ef545c52fa118f8631d846f91.png

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Reaction score
People will like it eventually whenever they think something can be considered valuable. Liking something upfront before having it reviewed is the wrong way around in a section like the release section. Likes should show wether people think it is a good release or not.

Here is a great example: http://forum.ragezone.com/f353/track-visitors-1051145/

I think it is wrong to have the download link hidden in a release section. Other sections I don't really care about and only Jamal is using this feature. Nobody else neither can staff. Jamal is only doing this for the likes. Trying to post as much as possible gathering as many likes as he can.

People should make up their own mind wether the person that releases something deserves a like. They shouldn't be forced to like it only to notice it is a crappy release. You're not going to get a valid view on it if people really like it or not.

It is just wrong in my opinion that people are forced to like some content before even having reviewed it. I don't care in other sections but in a release section releasing server / client files is the main point and those will be reviewed by the community and they make their vote by (dis)liking the content and / or leaving a comment about it.

Posting 'thanks' is just spam BUT it shows that the user actually likes the content released.

wow, it makes me think about something, why not add new button? "thanks button" instead dislike button
well, a release not always mean to be liked, but i think we can appreciate the one who release it by thanking, this give ambiguation between like and thanks...

Reaction score
I wasn't referring to myself posting a Release and expecting a Like button clicked.
But don't anyone presume someone wont do so, just because it isn't really the right way to do it, doesn't mean that they wont.
Based on past experience, I would expect to see some of the posters not care and use this feature in a Release.
I'm not even complaining that they do or don't.

Only stating my opinion: I don't think from a Moderation position that we should need to click the Like to view blocked / hidden content as we are Moderators. That is the point.

My statement about how it'd be nice to know how many people find something valuable, was to save time and focus on those that are more valuable postings...
Not go build a damn database and expect to start statistical analysis of a post. Let alone on a "per post" basis. Now that feedback was just e-tarded.

Reaction score
wow, it makes me think about something, why not add new button? "thanks button" instead dislike button
well, a release not always mean to be liked, but i think we can appreciate the one who release it by thanking, this give ambiguation between like and thanks...

Likes should be given after having downloaded the content. Not upfront.

I never liked it how the thanks button got replaced by the like button.

Reactions: DNC
Reaction score
Well, for a lot of thinking here is my point of view (of course, many can disagree):

The button shouldn't be used in case it is an release thread and it is used for hidding the download URL, or images, which is essential in the post, so it could give Mods some confusion, and even infract for not adding such contents.

Mods could have the option (if they don't have already) of seeing what is inside the like button without even likeing it. Tbh, I didn't even knew it existed before this thread. Or at least say (even without the user puts on the thread) that there's hidden content, or be necessary a user to say it (Downloads etc).

As MentaL said, it can be sent as a gift, since whoever bought it (specially being such expensive subscription) is helping not only RaGEZONE, but also his family.

Custom Title Activated
Reaction score
It is like pay to win. Where people takes it years to get there, it now all is about just a few releases and the correct audience and you're there.

//---

It is funny how you try to put the blame in my shoes. I made a post in your thread and all your 'friends' who helped you rename butterfly emulator start disliking my post too. Currently it again shows you cannot speak the truth. The 4 posts I made in this threads have all been disliked by you except one. And stop PM'ing me trying to put the blame on me. You started structurally disliking my posts and you're just jealous I made this thread.

"Leuk en aardig dat dislike, ik denk dat we er eens mee moeten ophouden. Ik schiet er niks mee op en jij ook vast niet. Ik begrijp dat je het irritant vind. Alleen vind ik het wel zielig dat je een thread gaat maken over mijn extratje"
-> Nice that dislike feature though I think you should quit with it. I don't gain anything from it neither do you. I understand you find it annoying. I think it is low to start a thread about my special feature.

Your updates are all along the lines of:

"Like if you want to have the download" or "Like if you want more updates." It is like you're living on the damn likes and can't stand it when someone just dislikes your post. You instantly feel you ego getting hurt and start disliking all the post I make even outside of your thread without any commenting or any other constructive reason. Sure you have all the rights to dislike any post but I think it is abusing the feature when you start disliking any post based on your personal opinion about me.

Guess you feel cool with the more likes than posts and the adress of Elisa in your location. I don't care about how much money you pay MentaL. Even if you sold your soul to him. As a matter of fact you're just compulsive disliking anything that hurts your ego.

I actually don't see why you have a problem with this at all.

So far its only you who has had the problem, and Mental himself has said he put the feature in as an added thanks for buying a $100 sub! Its $100! People put $100 to but better kit in WoW, or pay a subscription to Habbo hotel to get extra clothes, features and furni.

Im closing this. Its turning into a flame war, and its quite apparent that its only General who doesn't like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back