ModeratorRank
    Oct 2014 Join Date
    Arad DomanLocation
    1,089Posts

Report THREAD function?

RaGEZONE Recommends

RaGEZONE Recommends

Hi all,

I've seen a few topics get out of hand and thought maybe a Report Thread function would be handy, to bring it to the attention of general and forum moderators (I've been there, I know it's impossible to catch 100% of issues) and administrators.
    If I helped you, please click the Like button at bottom-left of my posts. Thank you! :)
    I am also vasheni at deviantArt.com.

Alpha MaleRank
    Dec 2009 Join Date
    C:\DesktopLocation
    1,619Posts

Re: Report THREAD function?

So what's the difference between THREAD and POST?

ModeratorRank
    Oct 2014 Join Date
    Arad DomanLocation
    1,089Posts

A thread is a topic being discussed, a post is an individual message. If there's a discussion of 20 messages and half of them start getting insulting, offensive or in breach of rules, rather than reporting each of the 10 posts, there could be a function that just brings the topic itself to the attention of admin or moderators so they could lock it for 24 hours or something.

It would also, presumably, be easy to implement, because it wouldn't require much more than copying the existing Report Post functions and changing them to look up the topic ID in the database instead of the post ID.
    Last edited by fallenfate; 02-05-15 at 08:31 AM.
    If I helped you, please click the Like button at bottom-left of my posts. Thank you! :)

Alpha MaleRank
    Dec 2009 Join Date
    C:\DesktopLocation
    1,619Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fallenfate View Post
    A thread is a topic being discussed, a post is an individual message. If there's a discussion of 20 messages and half of them start getting insulting, offensive or in breach of rules, rather than reporting each of the 10 posts, there could be a function that just brings the topic itself to the attention of admin or moderators so they could lock it for 24 hours or something.

It would also, presumably, be easy to implement, because it wouldn't require much more than copying the existing Report Post functions and changing them to look up the topic ID in the database instead of the post ID.
    You could always report a post and add in your own notes whether to inform the mods to read the all posts or etc.

--
    What if there are 10000000 posts, 30000 pages in 1 single thread. So you're expecting the mods to go through all of them?

The OmegaRank
    Aug 2011 Join Date
    8,950Posts

If you think a thread that has been posted is breaking any of the forum or section rules then you report the opening post / first post.

If you think individual comments are breaking the rules then you report those individually.

If you think a thread is getting out of hand, report the post where you think it starts getting offtopic and mention that there is more offtopic / rule breaking posts below.
    If you are using Arcturus, contact me
    Discord: TheGeneral#0063

ModeratorRank
    Oct 2014 Join Date
    Arad DomanLocation
    1,089Posts

This... is true. I'm very literal-minded, sorry, haha. I literally only ever think of using it for individual posts...

Also no, I wasn't expecting individual posts to be assessed, that's what I mean, it would have been looking at two pages or so and then locking the entire thread based on it for a day or so.

LegendRank
    Oct 2005 Join Date
    Low Wycombe, CLocation
    7,843Posts

closed because silly suggestion has been answered.

Advertisement