Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Report THREAD function?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Put Community First
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I've seen a few topics get out of hand and thought maybe a Report Thread function would be handy, to bring it to the attention of general and forum moderators (I've been there, I know it's impossible to catch 100% of issues) and administrators.

Reaction score
L29wjWW.png

So what's the difference between THREAD and POST?

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Put Community First
Loyal Member
Reaction score
A thread is a topic being discussed, a post is an individual message. If there's a discussion of 20 messages and half of them start getting insulting, offensive or in breach of rules, rather than reporting each of the 10 posts, there could be a function that just brings the topic itself to the attention of admin or moderators so they could lock it for 24 hours or something.

It would also, presumably, be easy to implement, because it wouldn't require much more than copying the existing Report Post functions and changing them to look up the topic ID in the database instead of the post ID.

Last edited:
Reaction score
A thread is a topic being discussed, a post is an individual message. If there's a discussion of 20 messages and half of them start getting insulting, offensive or in breach of rules, rather than reporting each of the 10 posts, there could be a function that just brings the topic itself to the attention of admin or moderators so they could lock it for 24 hours or something.

It would also, presumably, be easy to implement, because it wouldn't require much more than copying the existing Report Post functions and changing them to look up the topic ID in the database instead of the post ID.
You could always report a post and add in your own notes whether to inform the mods to read the all posts or etc.

--
What if there are 10000000 posts, 30000 pages in 1 single thread. So you're expecting the mods to go through all of them?

Reaction score
If you think a thread that has been posted is breaking any of the forum or section rules then you report the opening post / first post.

If you think individual comments are breaking the rules then you report those individually.

If you think a thread is getting out of hand, report the post where you think it starts getting offtopic and mention that there is more offtopic / rule breaking posts below.

Put Community First
Loyal Member
Reaction score
This... is true. I'm very literal-minded, sorry, haha. I literally only ever think of using it for individual posts...

Also no, I wasn't expecting individual posts to be assessed, that's what I mean, it would have been looking at two pages or so and then locking the entire thread based on it for a day or so.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
closed because silly suggestion has been answered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back