Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Reputation question.

Pessimistic butt@%&!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I know this is really an rarely used option here at RZ that I have seen. But it has come to my attention that when a person uses the reputation option it is permanent. Even if that person themselves was banned for their own stupidity the reputation they awarded you with stays.

I found this out because I was poking around with my settings today and noticed a bad rep on me. It made me curious so I investigated it only to find the bad rep was unfounded and the person that gave it was already banned.

Untitled-8.jpg

The top rep is the one in queston...so I navigated to the post to find I was only trying to help the OP because he did not put any pictures in his advertising post and it would get deleted without said pictures.

Link to post that bad rep was given for.
http://forum.ragezone.com/f115/jade-dynasty-royal-flush-jd-864857/#post7162953

Well as you can see the OP that gave me the bad rep has been infraction banned.

I guess my point is someone could maliciously damage someones reputation here at RZ and it will be there permanently whether it is founded or not.

Reactions: Ron
Reaction score
I know this is really an rarely used option here at RZ that I have seen. But it has come to my attention that when a person uses the reputation option it is permanent. Even if that person themselves was banned for their own stupidity the reputation they awarded you with stays.

I found this out because I was poking around with my settings today and noticed a bad rep on me. It made me curious so I investigated it only to find the bad rep was unfounded and the person that gave it was already banned.

Untitled-8.jpg

The top rep is the one in queston...so I navigated to the post to find I was only trying to help the OP because he did not put any pictures in his advertising post and it would get deleted without said pictures.

Link to post that bad rep was given for.
http://forum.ragezone.com/f115/jade-dynasty-royal-flush-jd-864857/#post7162953

Well as you can see the OP that gave me the bad rep has been infraction banned.

I guess my point is someone could maliciously damage someones reputation here at RZ and it will be there permanently whether it is founded or not.

mate , any member here can give u for any stupid / good reasons negative or positive rep
and u can't do anything about it , except giving back the same , but else noone can help u with that.
i think thats the way of the reputation system.

oh something else , u can hide ur reputation so there wont be green or red ;p

Pessimistic butt@%&!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Yeah..I know that. What I'm saying is someone could create an account...give everyone bad rep just to "create chaos" and it remains after there are removed.

I'm offering a suggestion that if a person is banned that maybe that rep should go with them due to the fact that they are obviously not trustworthy enough to have an account their opinion isn't trustworty either.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
They could do that yes, but they would have no rep power. Rep power is given from post count, the years you have been on the forum, and the amount of rep given to you by others (a certain amount of points can give you another rep power point) So basically, anything that they try and de-rep you for wouldnt cause any difference to your rep. It is the same if someone has negative power. Hope that helps!

Pessimistic butt@%&!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
They could do that yes, but they would have no rep power. Rep power is given from post count, the years you have been on the forum, and the amount of rep given to you by others (a certain amount of points can give you another rep power point) So basically, anything that they try and de-rep you for wouldnt cause any difference to your rep. It is the same if someone has negative power. Hope that helps!

Thank you very much. I did not know this. I appreciate the info :)

JavaScript Is Best Script
Reaction score
Don't think that my Reputation would grow although I'm having 6 + reps

I think we get a Reputation Power for a hundred rep points. Sucks though.

Mythic Archon
Reaction score
When you first sign up you are not allowed to negative rep users. I believe it is at a certain post count or reputation level the user themself has.

Back