Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Request from Coders' Paradise members: Remove the new sections please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
As an active poster in the Coders' Paradise section, I (and many others) feel that the recently added Programming Languages sections have made this section feel more dead than ever. We gave them a few weeks to see how they would do, and much of us feel that they are more detrimental to the section than not.

We feel that the sections in and of them self are not only less than effectively organized (e.g. some languages missing), but even if they were, they would still be as detrimental as they currently are to the section.

People are posting threads in the wrong section, making more work (albeit still a seemingly small amount of work) for moderators.
Similarly, threads are being posted in more specific sections when they are, in reality, about general programming rather than a specific language.

The worst issue is that, as I said in the first paragraph, much of us feel that this unnecessary over-organization of the section has made the entire section feel a lot more dead, both the main forum and the new sections.
This is negatively affecting the activity of both active and potentially new Coders' Paradise users. To elaborate, new users may not want to use the section if they assume it is dead. They may even look for outside resources, e.g. other forums, to look for information, wherein they may otherwise (if the section appeared more active) use the Coders' Paradise section.

Relevant threads:
Discussion when they were first added.
A few weeks later, we have numerous members' opinions on the state of the section because of these new sections.

We humbly request that you revert this change by removing the Programming Languages section, returning the threads in those subforums to the main Coders' Paradise section, and thus return the section to its former glory - and benefiting the overall activity of Coders' Paradise.

Thank you for your time.

Web Developer
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I vouch for this. I completely agree that the section is dead and hard to navigate around.

Evil Scottish Overlord
Legend
Reaction score
As the Supervisor for Coder's Paradise I agree that the place is somewhat dead. However if more people support the removal of the sections I'd be happy to discuss it with the powers that be

Super-Moderator
Staff member
Super-Moderator
Reaction score
As the Supervisor for Coder's Paradise I agree that the place is somewhat dead. However if more people support the removal of the sections I'd be happy to discuss it with the powers that be

Well I feel it needs to be discussed now. This was a small but active section that was just stretched into a complicated and dead section. Timebomb has some very well thought out and valid points.

As a section I like to lurk, I agree with the majority of the contributors to the section that this change feels more negative than positive.

Mythic Archon
Reaction score
Supporting this. Too many sub-sections in such a small main section just kills it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back