Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

required 30d password reset optional

Status
Not open for further replies.
Legendary Battlemage
Reaction score
Make it optional, it's utterly annoying.
It's not like their are a team of people who are targeting ragezone accounts - they have little to no value to others.

Even PayPal doesn't do something as ridiculous as this.

Last edited:
Custom Title Activated
Reaction score
utterly annoying. monthly pass reset.. B.S.

i'd like to see it turned off.

Legendary Battlemage
Reaction score
Read OP,
What security reasons?
What value does Ragezone accounts have?
(Not to mention I'm not part of any staff either)

They use it for security reasons. Just deal with this and close already.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I've never had to reset my password and I've been registered for well over a year... D:

Atleast Die Trying...
Reaction score
Read OP,
What security reasons?
What value does Ragezone accounts have?
(Not to mention I'm not part of any staff either)

if somone steals it and uses it for spam for there servers. Also because they can take your subscription that you pay for. Just think about it.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
if somone steals it and uses it for spam for there servers. Also because they can take your subscription that you pay for. Just think about it.

Thats a good point.

Legendary Battlemage
Reaction score
Right because Ragezone subscriptions are so hot in the black market..
Also remember Mental saying most of the subscriptions were from giveaways

edit:
http://forum.ragezone.com/f600/subscription-add-705932/index3.html#post6009180
there we go.
theres about 250 current subscribers, around 100 at least are give aways, that being said i aint going to implement this, its counter productive and the subscriptions are a way to say thank you.

Last edited:
Custom Title Activated
Reaction score

thats why we have emails. reason fails. :eek:tt1:

Last edited:
Atleast Die Trying...
Reaction score
thats why we have emails. reason fails. :eek:tt1:

Really thats why people are not perfect and some can forget there emails password. Now what do u got to say to that? Forget password?
What if they forget there information because they wrote crazy stuff because they were young when they were creating there email?

Legendary Battlemage
Reaction score
Your honestly throwing possibilities that will probably never happen -

Usually when someone forgets their email address (along with their password), it's basically means that email was not important to them - or, he/she is a kid, and never used e-mails to send real 'e-mails' with other people - but to receive confirmation e-mails to active their Neopets account.

And besides - It's a Ragezone account, not login access to a government database.
Really thats why people are not perfect and some can forget there emails password. Now what do u got to say to that? Forget password?
What if they forget there information because they wrote crazy stuff because they were young when they were creating there email?

Last edited:
WowIwasSuperCringeB4
Reaction score
I made a threasd here about this. I HATE IT. Holy sh** I've changed my password well over 10 times already. -.-

Music<3
Reaction score
Lets also cross out the 'security' reason because of the reasons I posted in my previous post:

If they where worried about the security of accounts, I would think they would make the Subscribers and Staff change there passwords more often. Not the other way around. >_>;

Subscribers and Staff accounts clearly are more important in value than us 'Member' and 'Member+' accounts. Why do we have to change our password every 30 days and the accounts that have more value (Subscribers & Staff) aren't required to change them as often or if at all?

Like I said, I think it's just a gimmick to get the Member and Member+ users to subscribe. Cheap and annoying way in my opinion. >_>

Last edited:
Infraction Baɴɴed
Reaction score
wasnt there a similar thread like this before and mental replyed in it too. i dont remember where though

Reaction score
lol yea I got problems too... never changed pw in all the time I was here... even though mental emailed me and said "Hey... I'm sorry but the site was hacked/messed with. Someone may have gotten hold of your pw. I advise you to change it" ... Like I dunno two times? three? doesn't matter though. I took the chance and rolled with it. Now like the rest it asks me to change every 30 days. That's fine if that's the way mental wants it however. I'd like to see the option to 'turn it off'. If this is something to get more 'subscribers'. So that it's a premium thing well. I guess the issue isn't THAT bothersome after all.

i sell platypus
Reaction score
Lets also cross out the 'security' reason because of the reasons I posted in my previous post:

Subscribers and Staff accounts clearly are more important in value than us 'Member' and 'Member+' accounts. Why do we have to change our password every 30 days and the accounts that have more value (Subscribers & Staff) aren't required to change them as often or if at all?

Like I said, I think it's just a gimmick to get the Member and Member+ users to subscribe. Cheap and annoying way in my opinion. >_>

During my two months as subscriber i can asure you I changed my PW every month.

Reaction score
lol yea I got problems too... never changed pw in all the time I was here... even though mental emailed me and said "Hey... I'm sorry but the site was hacked/messed with. Someone may have gotten hold of your pw. I advise you to change it" ... Like I dunno two times? three? doesn't matter though. I took the chance and rolled with it. Now like the rest it asks me to change every 30 days. That's fine if that's the way mental wants it however. I'd like to see the option to 'turn it off'. If this is something to get more 'subscribers'. So that it's a premium thing well. I guess the issue isn't THAT bothersome after all.

Really,

I dont ever recall me telling anyone that their password is on the brink because the web site got "hacked/messed with", if that is the case why did they target you and not me?

Anyhoo, I'll change the requirement to 90 days soon enough.

Legendary Battlemage
Reaction score
Or you know, get rid of it all together..
Really,

I dont ever recall me telling anyone that their password is on the brink because the web site got "hacked/messed with", if that is the case why did they target you and not me?

WowIwasSuperCringeB4
Reaction score
Really,

I agree with Surface, it's annoying as hell. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back