Mar 2010 Join Date
    Land b4 TimeLocation
    1,846Posts

Re: required 30d password reset optional

RaGEZONE Recommends

RaGEZONE Recommends

Quote Originally Posted by penihop View Post
    thats why we have emails. reason fails.
    Really thats why people are not perfect and some can forget there emails password. Now what do u got to say to that? Forget password?
    What if they forget there information because they wrote crazy stuff because they were young when they were creating there email?
    Quote Originally Posted by Justice For All View Post
    The rules are simple. Don't act like a faggot you won't be treated like a faggot.

InactiveRank
    Jul 2009 Join Date
    New York CityLocation
    1,516Posts

Your honestly throwing possibilities that will probably never happen -

Usually when someone forgets their email address (along with their password), it's basically means that email was not important to them - or, he/she is a kid, and never used e-mails to send real 'e-mails' with other people - but to receive confirmation e-mails to active their Neopets account.

And besides - It's a Ragezone account, not login access to a government database.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vietlazed View Post
    Really thats why people are not perfect and some can forget there emails password. Now what do u got to say to that? Forget password?
    What if they forget there information because they wrote crazy stuff because they were young when they were creating there email?
    Last edited by Surface; 16-11-10 at 09:13 PM.

Alpha MaleRank
    Jun 2008 Join Date
    CanadaLocation
    1,494Posts

I made a threasd here about this. I HATE IT. Holy sh** I've changed my password well over 10 times already. -.-

True MemberRank
    Oct 2006 Join Date
    Kailua-Kona, HILocation
    1,057Posts

Lets also cross out the 'security' reason because of the reasons I posted in my previous post:

Quote Originally Posted by Katsuro View Post
    If they where worried about the security of accounts, I would think they would make the Subscribers and Staff change there passwords more often. Not the other way around. >_>;
    Subscribers and Staff accounts clearly are more important in value than us 'Member' and 'Member+' accounts. Why do we have to change our password every 30 days and the accounts that have more value (Subscribers & Staff) aren't required to change them as often or if at all?

Like I said, I think it's just a gimmick to get the Member and Member+ users to subscribe. Cheap and annoying way in my opinion. >_>
    Last edited by Katsuro; 17-11-10 at 06:27 AM.

Alpha MaleRank
    Apr 2008 Join Date
    1,769Posts

wasnt there a similar thread like this before and mental replyed in it too. i dont remember where though
    why did god curse us with the abilities to make search engines but not give us the knowledge on how to use them?

[PHP][MapleStory] v142 GD Character Image Display - Link
    [PHP] Image to HTML - Link

Sabe.io - Learn HTML, CSS, JavaScript and more! - Alans a ©uck

True MemberRank
    Apr 2005 Join Date
    956Posts

lol yea I got problems too... never changed pw in all the time I was here... even though mental emailed me and said "Hey... I'm sorry but the site was hacked/messed with. Someone may have gotten hold of your pw. I advise you to change it" ... Like I dunno two times? three? doesn't matter though. I took the chance and rolled with it. Now like the rest it asks me to change every 30 days. That's fine if that's the way mental wants it however. I'd like to see the option to 'turn it off'. If this is something to get more 'subscribers'. So that it's a premium thing well. I guess the issue isn't THAT bothersome after all.

Alpha MaleRank
    Jun 2009 Join Date
    DenmarkLocation
    2,862Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Katsuro View Post
    Lets also cross out the 'security' reason because of the reasons I posted in my previous post:

Subscribers and Staff accounts clearly are more important in value than us 'Member' and 'Member+' accounts. Why do we have to change our password every 30 days and the accounts that have more value (Subscribers & Staff) aren't required to change them as often or if at all?

Like I said, I think it's just a gimmick to get the Member and Member+ users to subscribe. Cheap and annoying way in my opinion. >_>

During my two months as subscriber i can asure you I changed my PW every month.

Spoiler:

Administrator  Rank
    Dec 2000 Join Date
    32,919Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tinkle View Post
    lol yea I got problems too... never changed pw in all the time I was here... even though mental emailed me and said "Hey... I'm sorry but the site was hacked/messed with. Someone may have gotten hold of your pw. I advise you to change it" ... Like I dunno two times? three? doesn't matter though. I took the chance and rolled with it. Now like the rest it asks me to change every 30 days. That's fine if that's the way mental wants it however. I'd like to see the option to 'turn it off'. If this is something to get more 'subscribers'. So that it's a premium thing well. I guess the issue isn't THAT bothersome after all.
    Really,

I dont ever recall me telling anyone that their password is on the brink because the web site got "hacked/messed with", if that is the case why did they target you and not me?

Anyhoo, I'll change the requirement to 90 days soon enough.
    RaGEZONE Recommends

InactiveRank
    Jul 2009 Join Date
    New York CityLocation
    1,516Posts

Or you know, get rid of it all together..
    Quote Originally Posted by MentaL View Post
    Really,

I dont ever recall me telling anyone that their password is on the brink because the web site got "hacked/messed with", if that is the case why did they target you and not me?

Alpha MaleRank
    Jun 2008 Join Date
    CanadaLocation
    1,494Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MentaL View Post
    Really,

I agree with Surface, it's annoying as hell. :D

InactiveRank
    Jul 2009 Join Date
    New York CityLocation
    1,516Posts

Helooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
    It's been a month, and guess what? 17 days ago I've received that gosh darn password reset, again.

I have not been on since.

Mar 2010 Join Date
    1,126Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Surface View Post
    Helooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
    It's been a month, and guess what? 17 days ago I've received that gosh darn password reset, again.

I have not been on since.
    Same, received it 2 days ago.

ModeratorRank
    Jan 2009 Join Date
    AustraliaLocation
    4,413Posts

LOL, I think this system has some ranking privillages o.o
    I was subscriber a while ago but once I came back to normal member I had to reset my dam password

InactiveRank
    Jul 2009 Join Date
    New York CityLocation
    1,516Posts

It's pretty fucking annoying regardless.

GammaRank
    Nov 2008 Join Date
    4,203Posts

I know a RaGEZONE account has little value to anyone other than a noob after a free subscription, but in some aspects it is there as a "safety" feature.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Advertisement