Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Get rid of the PM message limit

Staff member
Reaction score
... Even for regular users.

This is a feature that is outdated and only on v-bulletin forums. Basically, each user group has a set inbox limit which is usually set on 50 for regular users and whatever for premium users.

I get it, you need bring attraction to get premium. The thing is, this limitation also hurt us Premium users that try PM normal users and they happen to have a full inbox which they usually don't notice.

Now for normal cases you can tell them to clear the inbox at visitor message, but sometimes a member has this turned off which makes it extremely difficult to get to them.

Anyway, this feature is dumb, so I am suggesting here to just get rid of it, unless you need to have it just to have 'premium benefits'.

[emoji848]
Legend
Reaction score
I agree, compared to how much space of hosting it really takes up, I think it can be put to a higher limited or removed completely... Well maybe with a limit it's a cheap protection against some spammers.

Staff member
Reaction score
Just clean up yer inbox

While this is an easy solution a lot of people like to archive their conversations for reasons they may need later. Example deals, or other things that may require the PM later on.

I am not suggesting this for myself...

da473345cff537ad0129612dbba1af88.png

I am suggesting this because its annoying to have to message people sometimes to clear their inbox as well as some people actually wanting to keep (old) conversations, and because its a dumb v-bulletin exclusive 'feature'

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Staff member
Reaction score
So, my premium after 2 years have expired.

Now, this happened

RlBl798.png

This is ridiculous. I am now forced to remove over 300 PM's to even use the PM feature again? There's really NO forum anymore that uses any kind of system like this but ragezone.

I am sorry but I am bumping this again to get rid of this. Its really silly.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't see the problem.
At all, just clean or subscribe again.

Like I've mentioned already in this thread; we are in 2018. We backup everything, we put everything on the cloud, etc. Forcing to remove PM's which may have a use in future (they do) or if something happened with a specific member is not something I want to do.

Having to spend my time after being gold for 2 years deleting PM's (again, we are talking about 300+ here just to get PMing working again, probably additional 20 or so to have some 'proper space') is ridiculous and is just something that makes the PM space increase a 'you better be permanent gold or else you'll have a bad time', which is basically now because I can't send or receive PM's anymore until I 'clear' this space, which I am not going to do.

If however the feedback is not happening, I guess I will just stay PM-less until we move to Xenforo, which will without doubt remove this feature. I better not jinx it now

As for subscribing; if there was things that were attracting besides the PM limit LOL, I gladly would.

◝(⁰▿⁰)◜Smile◝ (⁰▿⁰)◜
Developer
Reaction score
If however the feedback is not happening, I guess I will just stay PM-less until we move to Xenforo, which will without doubt remove this feature. I better not jinx it now

As for subscribing; if there was things that were attracting besides the PM limit LOL, I gladly would.

I'm pretty sure this isn't going to happen in the near future, I suggest you just accept this and move on.

Or go for option B; organize a petition.

Supreme Arcanarch
Reaction score
Like I've mentioned already in this thread; we are in 2018. We backup everything, we put everything on the cloud, etc. Forcing to remove PM's which may have a use in future (they do) or if something happened with a specific member is not something I want to do.

Having to spend my time after being gold for 2 years deleting PM's (again, we are talking about 300+ here just to get PMing working again, probably additional 20 or so to have some 'proper space') is ridiculous and is just something that makes the PM space increase a 'you better be permanent gold or else you'll have a bad time', which is basically now because I can't send or receive PM's anymore until I 'clear' this space, which I am not going to do.

Is there any other way I could possibly reach you?

Inactive
Reaction score
I'm not quite sure what 2018 has to do with anything, but multiple forum softwares and multiple sites still apply this.

You can however hit "Select All" in your folders and download all of your pm's in different formats and then just delete them on site ;)

We all wish for the site to goto xenforo, however we as staff are also in the dark as well.....

Taiga said it best:
I'm pretty sure this isn't going to happen in the near future, I suggest you just accept this and move on.

Reaction score
Spam and obtain omega and you can store 250 messages!!!

But guys, understand that storage space is really expensive nowadays.

When I asked a couple years ago to have the limit raised for omega, I got a whole 50 extra slots :):

I can understand to not give a lot of space to members that aren't really active. Really active people (Like me and I guess Kimberley) often get 3-10 messages every day.

Back