Gold SubscriberRank
    Jul 2012 Join Date
    The NetherlandsLocation
    638Posts

Get rid of the PM message limit

RaGEZONE Recommends

RaGEZONE Recommends

... Even for regular users.

This is a feature that is outdated and only on v-bulletin forums. Basically, each user group has a set inbox limit which is usually set on 50 for regular users and whatever for premium users.

I get it, you need bring attraction to get premium. The thing is, this limitation also hurt us Premium users that try PM normal users and they happen to have a full inbox which they usually don't notice.

Now for normal cases you can tell them to clear the inbox at visitor message, but sometimes a member has this turned off which makes it extremely difficult to get to them.

Anyway, this feature is dumb, so I am suggesting here to just get rid of it, unless you need to have it just to have 'premium benefits'.

GammaRank
    Jul 2007 Join Date
    3,317Posts

Re: Get rid of the PM message limit

I am sure it could be increased to 150-200, database wont get much bigger than it already is. I mean, paragraph of text is what, 3-4 kb?

SupervisorRank
    Dec 2011 Join Date
    1,841Posts

I agree, compared to how much space of hosting it really takes up, I think it can be put to a higher limited or removed completely... Well maybe with a limit it's a cheap protection against some spammers.

Quote Originally Posted by A Wise Man
    P-Servers are NOT dead. Bugs need squishing. Quests need fixing. Unfortunately, majority of people don't know the difference between a computer and a toaster so...

The OmegaRank
    Aug 2011 Join Date
    8,861Posts

Just clean up yer inbox
    If you are using Arcturus, contact me
    Discord: TheGeneral#0063

Gold SubscriberRank
    Jul 2012 Join Date
    The NetherlandsLocation
    638Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The General View Post
    Just clean up yer inbox
    While this is an easy solution a lot of people like to archive their conversations for reasons they may need later. Example deals, or other things that may require the PM later on.

I am not suggesting this for myself...

I am suggesting this because its annoying to have to message people sometimes to clear their inbox as well as some people actually wanting to keep (old) conversations, and because its a dumb v-bulletin exclusive 'feature'

Advertisement