Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

ROM & Emulation Section(s)?

Mythic Archon
Reaction score
Hi.
Some users on the forum may have experience in ROMs and emulation, including NDS, PSX and more.

I was thinking users can post their own AP pre-patched (or shared) ROMs, original clean ROMs along with AP patchers for them.

In addition to AP pre-patched and clean ROM sharing, there could be all sorts of other contributions. Examples beign emulation tutorials, (ripping ROMs, speeding up your EMU for certain games via 3D settings etc) and perhaps users posting compatibility rates for flash carts with certain ROMs. e.g:

R4i: Working (Tested by XXX)
R4i SDHC: Not working.
Acekard2i: Working (Tested by XXX)

That just covers NDS, so if necessary; sub-forums for several platforms like PSX, SNES etc..
I'd be posting quite a lot of tutorials etc in the section, if it were introduced of course.

Mythic Archon
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind an emu/rom section although it can cause unwanted attention.

Hm. Are you referring to unwanted attention from forum users, or?
Also, does this mean there's a possibility of an Emu/ROM section being introduced?:love:

Mythic Archon
Reaction score
unwanted attention from developers i mean.

Yeah I thought so, which is why I put "or?".
You could easily block the site referrers to file hosts etc, if that could prevent anything. I'm not one for coding vB plugins, but if necessary you could create a plugin that gives all URLs clicked a "http://anonym.to/?" prefix.

For example, you click a link on a post/thread, in this example being url.com, it'd look like this.

I'm sure you knew this already, but it's just a suggestion that in some cases may prevent that unwanted attention.
I'd love to see the section, so is there any way I can help the suggestion?

Reaction score
i know all about hiding referrals, silly! That is not the issue. The issue is we run via an open door policy meaning all content is available so it wouldn't stop guests and such viewing content. Now, if there was a large based user suggestion then maybe so but you're the only one who has mentioned this.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
I would want this, +1. I've been waiting on RZ since 07 for something like this.

Mythic Archon
Reaction score
i know all about hiding referrals, silly! That is not the issue. The issue is we run via an open door policy meaning all content is available so it wouldn't stop guests and such viewing content. Now, if there was a large based user suggestion then maybe so but you're the only one who has mentioned this.

Last edited:
Mythic Archon
Reaction score
Don't be stupid.

LOL. C'mon, you said large user based support.. 50 or so people aren't individually going to create threads for the same suggestion. :p:

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
LOL. C'mon, you said large user based support.. 50 or so people aren't individually going to create threads for the same suggestion. :p:

No doh.

What MentaL actually means is that users such as James MGN "agrees" on this idea in this thread. You don't have to create some other poll or what ever so random users can vote for it..

Mythic Archon
Reaction score
No doh.

What MentaL actually means is that users such as James MGN "agrees" on this idea in this thread. You don't have to create some other poll or what ever so random users can vote for it..

I know, I was kidding, lol.
I'm not sure as to wether JFA's and Fenris' likes support the suggestion in a way; but yeah, I know what you mean.

Back