Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

RZ Radio ?

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
I'd be happy to do a radio stream
for RZ.

The one and only!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
True, but it is what MentaL wants, probably so he can profit from it.

anyway heres the quote:
He wanted ad demos but I never got around to making them.

Reaction score
One of the reasons MentaL might have as to why he doesn't just want to host the radio like that is because you do need a license to stream music legally on the internet.

Small streams like you and me can get away sometimes with streaming without people noticing, but RZ needs a license, that license costs a bit, + the streaming costs wouldn't be the smallest either.

Thus he needs ads to keep the whole thing running.

Reaction score
One of the reasons MentaL might have as to why he doesn't just want to host the radio like that is because you do need a license to stream music legally on the internet.

Small streams like you and me can get away sometimes with streaming without people noticing, but RZ needs a license, that license costs a bit, + the streaming costs wouldn't be the smallest either.

Thus he needs ads to keep the whole thing running.

Why do you think RZ is hosted with hostkey? lol.

Reaction score
Why do you think RZ is hosted with hostkey? lol.

Well, there's still reasons to get a proper license, not gonna get into it but I've seen this topic on numerous sites and there's definitely a benefit to get a license.

In any case, the streaming costs need to be covered, so you still need to get advertisements to cover that.

Legendary Trio - Chocolate Rain
Legend
Reaction score
It's been suggested a million times, implemented a few thousand and ended just as many times over the last 8 years. Stop asking stupid questions and use the bloody search bar to find your answers first.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
I have fallen in love with your radio. Queensland mate!

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
It would be cool, I'd tune in. Could have information on the latest MMORPG news and stuff but the only problem is that there are thousands of people on this forum and not everybody has the same music taste.

Super-Moderator
Staff member
Super-Moderator
Reaction score
It would be cool, I'd tune in. Could have information on the latest MMORPG news and stuff but the only problem is that there are thousands of people on this forum and not everybody has the same music taste.

Everyone has different tastes but you would just say have so or so music at one time and so or so music at a different time

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I'd quite like to tune in for PodCast type stuff. TBH, I only listen to radio when it ISN'T playing music. If I want music, I have iPod and fb2k for that shizzle. If you aren't going to have DJs doing live mixing and / or live band coverage, don't bother playing music IMHO.

But that's just *my* personal preference. I don't mind stations doing that stuff if that's what other people want. I'm just saying, if RZ is about MMO & Video Gaming, then any Radio station associated with it should focus on that too. There are music businesses which are in a better position to provide music that RZ. So... while music can be one part, I'd rather it wasn't the main focus every time this topic comes up. I would suspect that is a probable reason previous attempts have come to little if that is the general aim.

Why podcast MMO news on Radio? How can we judge the graphics then? Actually, that's a major reason why I have listened to radio pods about gaming news in the past. The audio reviews mean you don't get distracted by pretty pictures, (oh look, boobs ... wow, that explosion was cool ... what did he say? what was I supposed to be looking at again?) but can actually concentrate and focus on the reviewers perspective of the game. If it sounds like something you may be interested in, you can look it up later. ^_^

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
You're 100% right, bob. If people wanted to listen to music, they have thousands of other stations and also YouTube. A lot of events could be organized through the radio too for gaming and stuff which would be cool and the radio presenter could commentate what is happening at the events.

Back