S4League Server Developments Section

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    MemberRank
    Jan 2015 Join Date
    14Posts

Re: S4League Server Developments Section

RaGEZONE Recommends

RaGEZONE Recommends

Would anybody be interested in an open source public repository for FagNet?

MemberRank
    Jan 2013 Join Date
    120Posts

yea i think that would be good if the forum admin
    add new subforum for s4 league
    Spoiler:

MemberRank
    Sep 2013 Join Date
    C:\\Location
    4Posts

Sup. It's not worth to create a new section for S4 League private servers, since there is no working emulator out there. The released version of FagNet was a pre-alpha dev release to get some people to find the missing stuff. It is not a release for playing on it! It's ok for private to play with a few friends but hosting a public server with it is just stupid.

Also, i'm currently working on a new version for pre-season 1. I was a bit slow the last weeks since i was busy with another project but i finished it so i have time for the emu again. But this won't get released. I'll only host it for public to play on.
    The earlier version showed me how useless the S4 community is for development, that's why i won't release it again(+ There is no need for 1000000 servers - 1, hosted by experienced people, should be more than enough).

True MemberRank
    Jan 2009 Join Date
    592Posts

Saddened to hear you won't release a updated version, but oh well, gives me a chance to improve my coding. im guessing the bugs are mostly sql related?

True MemberRank
    Dec 2013 Join Date
    UnknownLocation
    660Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wtfblub View Post
    Sup. It's not worth to create a new section for S4 League private servers, since there is no working emulator out there. The released version of FagNet was a pre-alpha dev release to get some people to find the missing stuff. It is not a release for playing on it! It's ok for private to play with a few friends but hosting a public server with it is just stupid.

Also, i'm currently working on a new version for pre-season 1. I was a bit slow the last weeks since i was busy with another project but i finished it so i have time for the emu again. But this won't get released. I'll only host it for public to play on.
    The earlier version showed me how useless the S4 community is for development, that's why i won't release it again(+ There is no need for 1000000 servers - 1, hosted by experienced people, should be more than enough).
    Thanks for replying on my thread!

But you gotta understand something, leechers will be everywhere and anywhere they can.

I personally dont care about leechers leeching my work because they wont know what to do with it anyways,

I think you should release your new emulator but make it bugged so only experienced C# coders would know how to fix it.

Break some handlers for the login and trust me, those who cant code, wont be able to fix it and if they do, then just let it be, they would fail anyway with

their PS..

If there wont be enough developers in here then the releases will stop until they prove us otherwise.

And if you still dont want to release it then dont; it is your call only.

Also, you could just send the emulator to those who are worthy of it.

I'd make my own emulator if only my IDA knowledge was wider.

Thanks and hope you make the right choices!

LegendRank
    Aug 2010 Join Date
    2,322Posts

#Closed until further notice...

#Reopened

Note : Please do NOT resort to flamewars or personal attacks in this thread.
    Last edited by Kreeate; 18-01-15 at 08:53 PM.
    IXXI

MemberRank
    Apr 2013 Join Date
    In the forgeLocation
    68Posts

Thanks for reopen.
    I really hope we can have this section soon, to start improving the emulation on this game :/

True MemberRank
    Jan 2009 Join Date
    592Posts

Thanks for re-opening, no more arguments will happen (atleast from my end). Wtfblub, what's the biggest issue with the fagnet emulator (I haven't had time to look through it)?

MemberRank
    Apr 2013 Join Date
    In the forgeLocation
    68Posts

Well, can we have an answer for this section.. ?

True MemberRank
    Dec 2013 Join Date
    UnknownLocation
    660Posts

Yeah we want it and we want it now, please @MentaL..

I dont think there will be much leechers although most of the users will probably fail in doing anything but who knows..

Gold SubscriberRank
    Oct 2013 Join Date
    504Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xStr0nGx View Post
    Yeah we want it and we want it now, please @MentaL..

I dont think there will be much leechers although most of the users will probably fail in doing anything but who knows..
    You realize what MentaL said right?

Quote Originally Posted by MentaL View Post
    I do monitor these threads but it's all about user demand and what's actually available to the end user.
    Tagging him in every other post will annoy him and make him over-look it.

So far about 5-6 people posted on this thread saying they want it. They even tagged one person who they think can make it, but he said it wasn't worth it. Honestly, I haven't seen a thread about S4 in general, if you posted some, why don't you add 'em to the post to show proof that people actually want this. Your word =/= proof.

Pink PantherRank
    Jan 2007 Join Date
    Dallas, TexasLocation
    2,296Posts

I know some of you really really want a S4 section, but without interest it won't be used in the first place. Just 3 or 4 people isn't good enough.

MemberRank
    Apr 2013 Join Date
    In the forgeLocation
    68Posts

The community around this game can't grow up if there is nowhere to share.
    We can't improve this game, if any national forum creates one.
    That's why we're asking for it..

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Advertisement