Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Got scammed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Actually, i won't say hello. I GOT SCAMMED FROM THIS COMMUNITY ! I TRUSTED YOU AND YOU BOMBED ME ! WHY THE HELL DID YOU ? :( I AM CRYING CUZ OF UR LIES! 3 days ago, someone contacted me on Skype with the name : MegaMax | SkypeID : yuanrage - He offered some server files of CrossFire for some money. i agreed after letting him prove that he is official. . I believed and i paid him the money ! YOU LIED AT ME . YOU DON'T DESERVE A TRUST :( THANKS RAGEZONE - THANKS MEGA MAX FOR WORRIES.

NO PEACE
حسبي الله و نعم الوكيل

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
First of all who is stupid enough to buy server files via Skype anyway?...

You're trying to blame the RaGEZONE Community because of your stupidity, In my opinion buddy I would buy sever files from a trusted website or not buy them at all.

If anything like this happens again don't make a pointless thread blaming this community because of your false accusations.

-Greets,

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
@Kreate and likertuban, I am not reporting anything I am just saying that I found someone who wants to scam someone and he failed at me.

Reaction score
He said, megamax has no access to contact me from the official account and he sent me this : http://forum.ragezone.com/f10

Actually, why don't you ban the scammers ?

Dude, megamax is a moderator and developer in This forum. why don't they ban liars ?

I made the text bold, increased the size, and made the text Red in your quoted post.

If someone can not contact you from THEIR account. (freaking lol'ing hard here)
They Obviously are NOT the person you expected. Common sense should had told you this much.

Buying files is terrible, against the rules, and no one here is to blame for your mistake.

MeGaMaX is a great guy. You honestly should apologize for giving him crap over your mistake.

Reaction score
I made the text bold, increased the size, and made the text Red in your quoted post.

If someone can not contact you from THEIR account. (freaking lol'ing hard here)
They Obviously are NOT the person you expected. Common sense should had told you this much.

Buying files is terrible, against the rules, and no one here is to blame for your mistake.

MeGaMaX is a great guy. You honestly should apologize for giving him crap over your mistake.

Something happened a few weeks ago with a guy from habbo saying he hired an RZ dev (I think it was Jangan ?) to make an habbo freelancing job at the time, he asked me if he was trustworthy and I told him to ask for the presumed-Jangan to send him a PM to confirm it was indeed him, it never happened.

Point to be learn here: people lie

Reaction score
So, how can I get CF server files ? all the threads are emulators or not-full files. do you have a reply for this ?

what.

You get scammed because you didn't read the rules, call all of us (the community) scammers, and then ask for something that only a few have? Have you no shame?

It's common sense that someone won't just randomly message you and offer to sell you files unless if they're a scammer. Here's something that someone I know has not yet learned yet: YOU CANNOT BUY EVERYTHING, AND EVEN IF YOU COULD, YOU CAN'T BUY IT.

MeGaMaX has contributed a ton to this forum, and if you've done your research, he doesn't randomly add people on Skype and "sell CF files".

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I just thought I would point out, as no one else seems to have. That even looking at the screenshot for a few second shows it as fake. You can see specks of white from the original username above the first "M" and below the second as well as in between various letters.

This isn't even a browser-hacked fake SS. It's a very poorly done paint job, I doubt it's even Photoshop but literally MS Paint.

Look again:

Reaction score
I just thought I would point out, as no one else seems to have. That even looking at the screenshot for a few second shows it as fake. You can see specks of white from the original username above the first "M" and below the second as well as in between various letters.

This isn't even a browser-hacked fake SS. It's a very poorly done paint job, I doubt it's even Photoshop but literally MS Paint.

Look again:

would have been easier to use inspect element and edit from there.

Reaction score

Look again:

It are the sparkles behind the rank glow. As the color of regular users in that menu is white, and not gray as in the screenshot, it probably isn't a poorly done paint job, but is actually done with the developer tool.

[emoji848]
Legend
Reaction score
[...] he even faked the Name on top wrong. If you got any kind of subscription / rank your name is shown plain white for yourself:

white_10.png

As others mentioned already. If you want to verify someone's identity on Skype who claims to be a forum member, ask him to send a PM and don't accept any excuses that person is trying to give you!

Looks like everyone ignored my reply. It's a dumb fake by a noob....

I vote to close this thread as it's useless repeating ourselves on how he got scammed. It's his fault and this thread will only be bumped for more QQ / flame.

Loyalty
Loyal Member
Reaction score
No because selling files shouldn't be done nor do we want anything to do with it.

This should be an enough statement for all the users in RaGEZONE who are here in search for server files. With that this thread should be closed.

I'll say it one more time . RaGEZONE is a free MMO community where users CONTRIBUTE their work. NOT SELL.

If common sense doesn't tell you that , then I'm afraid we cannot help you.

Reaction score
This should be an enough statement for all the users in RaGEZONE who are here in search for server files. With that this thread should be closed.

Yeah, I agree. I think the point has been made that OP is an idiot (just less direct). I've never really smelled democracy in the years I've been stalking RZ, but if that actually exists then I also vote to close this thread.

Also, I thought we had a "hall of shame" section for things like these, but I guess not...

git bisect -m
Loyal Member
Reaction score
With this print i got a point. The scammer is Brazilian. Or speak in Portuguese.

Also as far i know, MeGaMaX isn't brazilian.

21f93ce4eaef4b7bb4de7c0af8ae8727.png
Sometimes i really don't wanna live in Brazil. I know a lot of Brazilian scammers (lammers). Some of those are:
Xjoao, Wulles and Helio

What you can learn with this scam? Don't believe in the Internet, just because is in the internet, that doesn't necessary need to be true.
Before doing transactions online, confirm really if the receiver is the real person.

Generally good developers, doesn't sell things and doesn't do freelancers or ask to buy. They're generally in big companies, or busy with academics or their personal jobs. Ans obviously, real developers do everything free. And without wanting something back for they self.

A good example is MentaL, that help a lot of companies for searching security issues, like Netflix.

Real developers like to help each others, and don't earn money through newbies.

;)

Reaction score
Hello BetikeManager ,

I have no idea how did you got scammed, but I'm sorry for whatever happened to you. There are a lot of scammers around using my name to abuse people needs. Next time make sure you are talking to the real person for your own safety.

As i posted before inside one of the threads for people to be aware how everything looks like.
http://forum.ragezone.com/f857/release-cf-gambooz-files-1091265/#post8568957

Greetings MeGaMaX.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
@MeGaMaX Time for release your files to avoid next scams:happymod:

Tapatalkkal küldve az én LG-D802 eszközömről

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back