Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Full screen on HTML5 YouTube videos

• ♠️​ ♦️ ♣️ ​♥️ •
Reaction score
Hello,

I'd like to ask MentaL to edit the VIDEO-BBTag to support full screen on the embedded YouTube videos when we are using HTML5. It's very annoying to always have to open a new tab to watch something in fullscreen from the TV/Film with YouTube source.
All the iframe simply needs is the attribute. (Funny, someone made a domain and website just for this case, haha).

This page is not HTML5, it's XHTML 1.0 Transitional, so it results by keeping the attribute it will cause a W3C validation error. (Why the hell is this page not HTML5, yet?)
On the other hand, this website is a anyways.

I suggest to simply add the tag, so we can enjoy it.

Last edited:
Web & Interaction Design
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I'd like to ask MentaL to edit the VIDEO-BBTag to support full screen on the embedded YouTube videos when we are using HTML5. It's very annoying to always have to open a new tab to watch something in fullscreen from the TV/Film with YouTube source.
All the iframe simply needs is the tag. (Funny, someone made a domain and website just for this case, haha).

This page is not HTML5, it's XHTML 1.0 Transitional, so it results by keeping the attribute it will cause a W3C validation error. (Why the hell is this page not HTML5, yet?)
On the other hand, this website is a anyways.

I suggest to simply add the tag, so we can enjoy it.

+1, but does anyone really take notice of W3C validation?

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Haha, everybody is asking above for something.

• ♠️​ ♦️ ♣️ ​♥️ •
Reaction score
You're like my girlfriend, so demanding! Anyways, DONE.
MentaL Excuse me? It's not working:

20150107125237.png

The iframe tag does not have the required allowfullscreen attribute.

Sure call me demanding, but you just failed. :* :zippy:

• ♠️​ ♦️ ♣️ ​♥️ •
Reaction score
Attibute added but seems to not be embedding

The problem is VB, it removes the allowfullscreen attribute, because it's not valid XHTML. Using allowfullscreen="" would be accepted, but won't work. Here the problem we have to face with is using the IFRAME method of YouTube is only compatible with HTML5. Kind of jerks those VB's.

Can you change it to the compatible OBJECT method, like ? Beware you to place to make fullscreen work.

Back