Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

The Search Button

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hey MentaL every time i visit, i cant help but notice how ugly the search button is it doesn't really mach with the rest of the design really lol i think i saw a thread a while ago by moldor and he said he would make a new one but never did, its not really a big deal its just a search button haha.

But anyway here is something i knoked up took me 3 seconds it would look much better!

wgMyp.gif

thanks, if someone can come up with something better feel free :)

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Super-Moderator
Staff member
Super-Moderator
Reaction score
Hey MentaL every time i visit, i cant help but notice how ugly the search button is it doesn't really mach with the rest of the design really lol i think i saw a thread a while ago by moldor and he said he would make a new one but never did, its not really a big deal its just a search button haha.

But anyway here is something i knoked up took me 3 seconds it would look much better!

wgMyp.gif

thanks, if someone can come up with something better feel free :)

I think your button looks much more modern than the one we have and it looks quite nice

404_image.png

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Zephyr Studios
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Quite nice, yes :):

Learning C# - Developer
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Looks muuuch better.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Meh. Doesn't really stand out as much.

Anyone remember when Longhorn was doing a Black Japaning thing, with recessed white input boxes on a shiny, jet black dialog with "glass" surround? Never mind the rest of the LH stuff, but the white input on black was pretty nifty, and fields and buttons stood out well.

If you didn't see the UI if you remember those analogue date ticker things you roll the wheel on to change the day and month... they where often black boxes with white tumblers as their display. Similar idea. ;)

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I agree mate :) .. first time here in RZ , got crazy finding the Search button

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I think it's bigger and more obvious than ever before... but I'm sure it used to default to searching the section you are reading, and any sub-sections there of. That's certainly what I expect it to do, and it always bugs me that the page I'm initially presented with is not what I want at all, and I have to switch back, and then ferret down through the forums in that dinky list (which aren't even in a tree style) to find the forum I want to limit my search to.

Just my two cents. Having put that initial effort in, it works great. :D:

Reaction score
I agree mate :) .. first time here in RZ , got crazy finding the Search button
Sorry, but how can you not see an oversized metallic button that screams 'SEARCH'? I believe it looks alright as it is and it's size is just about right. Maybe if we make it braille somehow then it'll be better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back