Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Show off section

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now you can tag me!
Reaction score
I've already posted about this problem in another section, and as I got a recommendation from a moderator to post it here as well, I'll do so.

Lately at the FlyFF section there have been thousands of bad releases. There have been a lot of website releases, that have come from people with no designing or web developing experience, they are all just looking for feedback.

It's fine that they want to release stuff, but i really think they should actually release something that will be used. Just by checking the first page on the release section at the FlyFF section you'll easily see how messed up everything is.

I know Show Off threads haven't been allowed to do for awhile now, but i really think we should get a section for it. Take away the post counts, or whatever it is that makes you guys not wanting to have it. But all i know, The FlyFF section need it.

Is it better to have thousands of releases that gets flamed and makes young designers want to quit, or is it better to actually get a nice and clean show off section where people actually can get feedback.

If you need links or examples for this, i would love sending you some. But as i want to respect the members that have released this, I choose not give this out in public.

I also know that the FlyFF section got a show off thread, but its not being used cause people ain't familiar with it.This thread is also pretty much messed up. So they just choose to release it, and most of them get flamed.

That's all i got on my heart, thanks for reading. And i hope that you'll figure out a way to fix this problem, MentaL.

Ceadin.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Uhh, from what I've recently seen, the flyff section has been abandoned by moderators which were supposed to do some cleanup after the glaphanking incident. It would be nice if the section came to some order and maybe some people would come back.

We are Maverick!
Reaction score
This idea was already denied twice before.

I asked the super mods/supervisors about it and they said no and someone had made a thread here as well about it I believe.

Hardly anyone uses the show-off thread I made. Maybe when people use it more then a section will be made for showing.

Lol @Kyrpton. I'm online everyday cleaning up the mess you guys make in that section. The most recent one is right here: http://forum.ragezone.com/f484/developement-help-baruna-weapons-740744/index3.html#post6267968

So clearly there is nothing wrong with us moderators.

Proof I actually do something:

404_image.png

Which "Moderator" recommended you do this?

Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Dell why would anyone use that thread. It's like many mini threads in one single thread. You need to go trough the whole thread to find something you might like. A section with theads (with title's) would be easier. I'm not saying it's your fault or something, not at all. But i'm asking to the supervisors why it's not getting opened. I'm pretty sure that the section would be used, maybe not as much as the other sections, but it would give a better view of what people made an not have released. If you guys say it would be more work for the mods, i truly doubt that. Not to remind that one mod barely speaks english lol. The points is; that there are more positive sides than negative ones for creating a new section if you ask me.

We are Maverick!
Reaction score
Dell why would anyone use that thread. It's like many mini threads in one single thread. You need to go trough the whole thread to find something you might like. A section with theads (with title's) would be easier. I'm not saying it's your fault or something, not at all. But i'm asking to the supervisors why it's not getting opened. I'm pretty sure that the section would be used, maybe not as much as the other sections, but it would give a better view of what people made an not have released. If you guys say it would be more work for the mods, i truly doubt that. Not to remind that one mod barely speaks english lol. The points is; that there are more positive sides than negative ones for creating a new section if you ask me.

Because even if you create a section or a thread there are trolls who will troll it and flamers who will flame it. That's why I made one thread with strict rules. The thread worked in the gunz section so why can't it work in the FlyFF section? It does the exact same thing.

Also you can't stop someone from releasing something "crappy" and I doubt the fact that because we don't have a show-off section is making them post in the release section.

I was up for this idea when it was first introduced but to be honest the FlyFF community itself was the reason why it never happened.

Here:

http://forum.ragezone.com/f600/flyff-moderators-715901/
http://forum.ragezone.com/f600/ragezone-fail-jew-staff-695342/
http://forum.ragezone.com/f600/report-moderator-713158/

Last edited:
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Because even if you create a section or a thread there are trolls who will troll it and flamers who will flame it. That's why I made one thread with strict rules. The thread worked in the gunz section so why can't it work in the FlyFF section? It does the exact same thing.

Also you can't stop someone from releasing something "crappy" and I doubt the fact that because we don't have a show-off section is making them post in the release section.

I was up for this idea when it was first introduced but to be honest the FlyFF community itself was the reason why it never happened.

Bold 1; Isn't that what Moderators are for!? They stop the trolls and flamers. I thought, as a moderator, you would know that.

Bold 2; You INSISTED it was put into place. Not many agreed. You just decided to put it up as a official rule after people YOU didn't like went against it.

We are Maverick!
Reaction score
Bold 1; Isn't that what Moderators are for!? They stop the trolls and flamers. I thought, as a moderator, you would know that.

Bold 2; You INSISTED it was put into place. Not many agreed. You just decided to put it up as a official rule after people YOU didn't like went against it.

What are you talking about? Lots of people wanted a show section and I went to one of the supers about it.

Then a whole bunch of crap happened and the idea was lost.

Do you guys remember the push for the customization section? Who do you think tried to get that done as well?

404_image.png

Last edited:
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
I'm talking about the little thread you put up for shows. No one uses it. The only posts in there are past shows, and people who actually weren't here to witness what happened on that discussion.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score

Here:

http://forum.ragezone.com/f600/ragezone-fail-jew-staff-695342/
http://forum.ragezone.com/f600/report-moderator-713158/
Don't get me wrong, i never said you were against it or something. I just tried pointing out why it should be created. Also, one with strict rules? Don't those rules actually apply to the general rules. They might be more 'strict' but yeah, i believe that flaming isn't allowed on the whole forum. So yea, that CAN'T be the reason of NOT creating that section. There is a difference between SHOWING and RELEASING. You can show what you made, but that doesn't mean it should be released. Releases are for releases. An argument would be to use the development section, but i'm pretty sure MentaL posted that developments should be released sooner or later, so this again does not apply to showing something. I believe there are plenty of arguments to open one than not :D

We are Maverick!
Reaction score
http://forum.ragezone.com/f456/showcase-flyff-show-thread-718552/index5.html#post6264219

The last show was two days ago. If the thread was used constantly I could have requested a show section again with proof that we needed but sadly a thread isn't good enough in the FlyFF section.

TBH the only reason I see the OP giving is that people are posting bad releases. I won't delete someones work even if it's not good, at least hes actually trying to be part of the community and look what they get for it:

http://forum.ragezone.com/f457/edited-web-741274/
http://forum.ragezone.com/f457/flyff-template1-740644/

So your telling us if the show section is made people won't try to release stuff that isn't good?

If MentaL or the supers think the section is needed then by all means let it rain but right now I'm not convinced.

Here's some more threads related to show:

http://forum.ragezone.com/f651/suggestion-will-show-threads-718538/

This is what lead me to make the universal show thread.

Last edited:
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Here's my argument for the section;

People are releasing things in the section that most likely, are not needed. It's better for them to "show it off", then to release it then get flamed at for it being a pointless release. A RELEASE is a finished product. A show-off is a show of your product, finished or not. These releases that are receiving bad feedback could have been prevented if there was a show-off place, where it's NOTICEABLE, and not in the stickies area where no one even looks(Hence why rules are still broken). If they were to show it off, they could of received some feedback that say "Oh, this could use some work, and I like this", instead of, "This was a terrible release. Why did you release a bad website?" That made the user feel... unappreciated.

Now you can tag me!
Reaction score
Lets put it this way.

Your saying there will be trolls flaming the show off threads, well is it better to flame a release?

Check the release section, then you'll be able to see how messed up it actually is. The 3 newest website releases have been flamed.

A show off section would be no harm, and it would be used. Instead of releasing, you could actually just ask for feedback. Make a rule for it, if you put up your work there you get a real true feedback. not just some lying poop, and if you guys can't handle the flamers that might be flaming at the show off section.. then get more moderators.

[EDIT] another thing is that a lot of the nowadays releaser's are actually looking for feedback, and they use the release section to get it. Just check the threads out, "please feedback" and its not even a complete release.

Just my opinion, and i see no negatives why this suggestion shouldn't go through.

Last edited:
We are Maverick!
Reaction score
Lets put it this way.

Your saying there will be trolls flaming the show off threads, well is it better to flame a release?

Check the release section, then you'll be able to see how messed up it actually is. The 3 newest website releases have been flamed.

A show off section would be no harm, and it would be used. Instead of releasing, you could actually just ask for feedback. Make a rule for it, if you put up your work there you get a real true feedback. not just some lying poop, and if you guys can't handle the flamers that might be flaming at the show off section.. then get more moderators.

Do you guys not get that it doesn't matter if it's a show thread or a release thread either way it still gets flamed?

Oh they were flamed? Why were they flamed? Maybe it's because the site wasn't good enough for some people. They COULD have given feedback but they didn't. It's the same for a show thread, they COULD give feedback but they don't.

I'm fine with cleaning up flaming and trolling hell it makes my day. What I'm not fine with is people flaming someone's show thread which makes them leave the section or not release their site/whatever they made, which was how things were before the universal thread.

It would be fine by me if this idea goes on for a trial and if the section is clean (that means not full of flaming and trolling) then it can be official.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Do you guys not get that it doesn't matter if it's a show thread or a release thread either way it still gets flamed?

Oh they were flamed? Why were they flamed? Maybe it's because the site wasn't good enough for some people. They COULD have given feedback but they didn't. It's the same for a show thread, they COULD give feedback but they don't.

I'm fine with cleaning up flaming and trolling hell it makes my day. What I'm not fine with is people flaming someone's show thread which makes them leave the section or not release their site/whatever they made, which was how things were before the universal thread.

It would be fine by me if this idea goes on for a trial and if the section is clean (that means not full of flaming and trolling) then it can be official.

I don't think you get it. A RELEASE is a FINISHED product. Not a topic to say, "I put this together in 5 minutes. Here"

We are Maverick!
Reaction score
I don't think you get it. A RELEASE is a FINISHED product. Not a topic to say, "I put this together in 5 minutes. Here"

They did release a finished product. It doesn't matter how long it took as long as the download link is legit it's done.

People put together register scripts in 5 minutes and release it yet there is no problem with that. People add anti-sql to finished register scripts in 2 minutes and re-release it.

Now look:

http://forum.ragezone.com/f457/recent-webdesign-psd-740680/ <-- A good looking PSD for a site. Who knows how long it took him to make it?

http://forum.ragezone.com/f457/webpage-html-css-php-741007/ <-- A not so great template released by someone new. He's still new to web design but he's trying to learn and it probably took a while to make it at his level. Notice that he DOESN'T ask for feedback...? Even if he had created a show thread about it it would most likely still have been flamed.

Like I said, the main reason I see this thread was created is because 3-4 not so great web templates were released. I've made my points and I suggest everyone just wait for MentaL or a super to comment on this before going further. Though I did say it would be nice to trial this idea out rather than make it official right off the bat and end up regretting it.

Last edited:
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
I agree with the Trial, but I think this idea would ACTUALLY end up a good idea instead of the release section being flooded with useless releases.

1/11/1995 ~ 23/11/2011
Reaction score
I've read half of the thread, and we should see this way.
If the section is created, you'll have:

Less flame.
More showoff.
Less complains.
More moderation.

As long as people show their webpages in the release section, expect threads like this for a long long time + insulting people's work.
Just saying, I don't really care tbh, it's just plain stupidity to "want" more posts saying "meh this page is fail web designing ain't for you bro".

Custom Title Activated
Reaction score
My opinion is this. Whether its made in five minutes or five months is irrelevant when creating something. People WANT feedback. There is NO ONE that can say what is and what is not needed in a release section. Its public, and last I checked didn't have a server's name attached to it.

96% of developers learn by doing and not by book. If someone releases something that someone thinks is crap, so what? They do it with movies so why not other things. It is true that putting more effort and time into something makes it better but some people get over excited and release things too early. Happens all the time in the real world.

I requested a section a very long time ago and it was immediately shot down. Would you all like to know the main reason? To put it simply, RZ likes to maintain solidarity. So if they were to put a show off in a flyff section, then it would need to be put in all of the other ones as well. You can debate it anyway you like but that's how it is. If anyone recalls how they debated for a while how to get each section about the same cohesion, it would make sense NOT to put a special section for just one place.

Suppose over 1000 people decide to release something. Whatever it may be as long as its subject related. It would gain the attention of the supers and they would take it into consideration. Multiply that by ten and you might get your wish. See what I'm saying? They wouldn't open new sections that only a handful of people would use.

If I were the rest of you I would do the following:

1. Put your product in the release section.
2. Link it in the show off thread.
3. Link it in the release thread.
4. Profit.

Its the circle of life so to speak.

I recant my old reply in the flyff section about getting on board. The more I remembered it the more I doubt highly it will happen. You have spirit, but you don't have the numbers. the flyff is waning more and more. You can blame it on whatever you like, and I even believe most people, mods included, have lost faith in the section and have given up on it. I see it everyday. The only one running around the section with the spirit level needed to sustain it is DiamondKing. If 1000 more people were like him, we would be back in business. But no. It seems people still carry the "every-man/woman-for-themselves" mentality. Kudos all the same though.

Given certain circumstances, I'd say things would have been better but everything works out for a reason. Call it an end of an era, beginning of the end, or a reboot, it doesn't matter. If people want something, they need other people standing up for it and standing behind it. Bottomline, period.

We are Maverick!
Reaction score
I've read half of the thread, and we should see this way.
If the section is created, you'll have:

Less flame.
More showoff.
Less complains.
More moderation.

As long as people show their webpages in the release section, expect threads like this for a long long time + insulting people's work.
Just saying, I don't really care tbh, it's just plain stupidity to "want" more posts saying "meh this page is fail web designing ain't for you bro".

The bold won't happen. It will be exactly how it was when show threads were made in the general section.

You really think people will actually stop flaming and complaining because it's posted in another section?

The whole point in the universal threads was to stop flaming and to keep the section more organized/clean.

@GK, I don't get it. Why would they release something in one section and show it off in another when you can put a screenshot right in the release. Also the handful of people etc etc is what I saw saying before. I tried to get people to use the uni thread and if lots of people used it I COULD have requested the show section with PROOF that we needed it.

@Below post, Apparently it's not good enough. They want a whole section dedicated for something they hardly do.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back