Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Show off section

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now you can tag me!
Reaction score
I've already posted about this problem in another section, and as I got a recommendation from a moderator to post it here as well, I'll do so.

Lately at the FlyFF section there have been thousands of bad releases. There have been a lot of website releases, that have come from people with no designing or web developing experience, they are all just looking for feedback.

It's fine that they want to release stuff, but i really think they should actually release something that will be used. Just by checking the first page on the release section at the FlyFF section you'll easily see how messed up everything is.

I know Show Off threads haven't been allowed to do for awhile now, but i really think we should get a section for it. Take away the post counts, or whatever it is that makes you guys not wanting to have it. But all i know, The FlyFF section need it.

Is it better to have thousands of releases that gets flamed and makes young designers want to quit, or is it better to actually get a nice and clean show off section where people actually can get feedback.

If you need links or examples for this, i would love sending you some. But as i want to respect the members that have released this, I choose not give this out in public.

I also know that the FlyFF section got a show off thread, but its not being used cause people ain't familiar with it.This thread is also pretty much messed up. So they just choose to release it, and most of them get flamed.

That's all i got on my heart, thanks for reading. And i hope that you'll figure out a way to fix this problem, MentaL.

Ceadin.

the sound's resound echo
Reaction score
I must agree that I don't like one thread for show-off's, as it is one big chaos (atleast for me).
But I do not like the idea of having a seperate section for show-off's, as you would only have people begging: Pleeasee release it sirrrr

I don't think its needed to actually HAVE show-off project's in the Flyff section, if you want some tips/rate's on your project, why don't you post it in the Development Section?

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
The bold won't happen. It will be exactly how it was when show threads were made in the general section.

You really think people will actually stop flaming and complaining because it's posted in another section?

The whole point in the universal threads was to stop flaming and to keep the section more organized/clean.
The flaming might stay indeed, but complains? You can't complain about something that's not released. Unless you complain about it to be released. So, flaming and crap like that are not the reasons for not creating that section :)
I must agree that I don't like one thread for show-off's, as it is one big chaos (atleast for me).
But I do not like the idea of having a seperate section for show-off's, as you would only have people begging: Pleeasee release it sirrrr

I don't think its needed to actually HAVE show-off project's in the Flyff section, if you want some tips/rate's on your project, why don't you post it in the Development Section?
If make a development thread, you should release it, unless you quit. That's what MentaL said once, i'm pretty sure about that.

Last edited:
the sound's resound echo
Reaction score
The flaming might stay indeed, but complains? You can't complain about something that's not released. Unless you complain about it to be released. So, flaming and crap like that are not the reasons for not creating that section :)

If make a development thread, you should release it, unless you quit. That's what MentaL said once, i'm pretty sure about that.

If thats the case, they could better delete the development section and replace it with a show-off section, because 90% of the projects dont get released or the development of them are aborted.

Now you can tag me!
Reaction score
@0x61

You're totally correct regarding what MentaL said. All projects in the development section are suppose to be released. I suppose its just because there shouldn't be any possibility to show off their work without having it chaosy and messed up. ( The show off thread is. )

You barly know which project/show off the person feedbacks to.

@aagibcheat
This!

---------- Post added at 04:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:37 PM ----------

[EDIT]
sorry to interrupt the flame war but why do we need a whole section for it we have something similar to ti and i don't see a problem with it:

http://forum.ragezone.com/f456/showcase-flyff-show-thread-718552/

If you read the whole thread with comments and everything, you should have understood what the problem actually is by having the so called Showcase Thread.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Dell, your doing a good job and all but i refuse to release anything until we get a proper, decent system going *cough* section *cough* so i can make sure what I release will be of decent standard.

We are Maverick!
Reaction score
Dell, your doing a good job and all but i refuse to release anything until we get a proper, decent system going *cough* section *cough* so i can make sure what I release will be of decent standard.

I don't get what you people want me to do.

First you want left then you want right. Nobody even talks to me on MSN about the section or tries to give proper suggestions so how do you expect me to make changes.

Custom Title Activated
Reaction score
The bold won't happen. It will be exactly how it was when show threads were made in the general section.

You really think people will actually stop flaming and complaining because it's posted in another section?

The whole point in the universal threads was to stop flaming and to keep the section more organized/clean.

@GK, I don't get it. Why would they release something in one section and show it off in another when you can put a screenshot right in the release. Also the handful of people etc etc is what I saw saying before. I tried to get people to use the uni thread and if lots of people used it I COULD have requested the show section with PROOF that we needed it.

@Below post, Apparently it's not good enough. They want a whole section dedicated for something they hardly do.

The showoff thread sucks. You can't do anything but push a thanks button. Where is the feedback? or criticism?

Here is an idea. Wipe the cleanup section thats already there. Change the name and problem solved. That cleanup section was made by Dios and now its just sitting there. It supposedly was made as an easier way to prune the section but all its doing is acting like a trash bin. Its a wasted space and an answer to everyone's problems. 4 sections is easy to mod over.

Like I said earlier, you do it to one section and you have to do it to th rest.

You people need to start thinking outside the box. A mod's job is to keep watch over the section but it also would kill you to mingle once in a while or help some people. Members like it when mods join in because they see the title and immediately think they know a lot.

We are Maverick!
Reaction score
The showoff thread sucks. You can't do anything but push a thanks button. Where is the feedback? or criticism?

Here is an idea. Wipe the cleanup section thats already there. Change the name and problem solved. That cleanup section was made by Dios and now its just sitting there. It supposedly was made as an easier way to prune the section but all its doing is acting like a trash bin. Its a wasted space and an answer to everyone's problems. 4 sections is easy to mod over.

Like I said earlier, you do it to one section and you have to do it to th rest.

You people need to start thinking outside the box. A mod's job is to keep watch over the section but it also would kill you to mingle once in a while or help some people. Members like it when mods join in because they see the title and immediately think they know a lot.

Well I don't see you coming up with any great ideas? I find it funny that when it was first made you liked it now all of a sudden you don't like it. In the next post your probably going to say "Oh no I NEVER liked it at all" Also when people post new shows in that thread people can give feedback it's called quoting the post.

Why would I wipe the clean-up section when it's a no post section... Plus it was made because the other moderators both old and new weren't doing there job. If you have a problem with it go talk to Dios.

Lol @ the end of your post isn't it what I'm doing now? The reason I don't mingle? It's because I have more important things to do at the time. People have me on MSN if they want to talk then they can I don't stop them from opening a convo with me.

TBH you just posted a bunch of BS. You aren't a mod anymore so you shouldn't be talking about a mods job since you didn't do such a great job last time.

Also I said the idea should have a trial period at least. Still waiting for a super to comment on it.

Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Alright:
Show off section (IDGAF if I get flamed ect, just makes me wanna work harder)
Thats all we want, now to wait for a super..........

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Well I don't see you coming up with any great ideas? I find it funny that when it was first made you liked it now all of a sudden you don't like it. In the next post your probably going to say "Oh no I NEVER liked it at all" Also when people post new shows in that thread people can give feedback it's called quoting the post.

Why would I wipe the clean-up section when it's a no post section... Plus it was made because the other moderators both old and new weren't doing there job. If you have a problem with it go talk to Dios.

Lol @ the end of your post isn't it what I'm doing now? The reason I don't mingle? It's because I have more important things to do at the time. People have me on MSN if they want to talk then they can I don't stop them from opening a convo with me.

TBH you just posted a bunch of BS. You aren't a mod anymore so you shouldn't be talking about a mods job since you didn't do such a great job last time.

Also I said the idea should have a trial period at least. Still waiting for a super to comment on it.

Amen! Also, I don't see why Glaphan still trolls the flyff section. He already insulted it, was hacked, and called everyone in that section retards who don't understand anything, and complete leechers.

Good guy there, huh?

Custom Title Activated
Reaction score
Me trolling?

And for the record, I was a great mod excluding the ramblings of a certain group. You were just butthurt crash put me back in with both reluctance on both sides. Everyone didn't have a problem except you. Should have been a warning I seen coming a mile away but I shrugged it off as teenage angst. I've done things for that section that no one had the guts to do. I can talk all I want about a mods job. Frankly, you treat it like an obligation. You isolate yourself from everyone and look down on people there. if you don't want the damn job then give it to someone who can do things that can take the section into a better direction. I have five people off the top of my head who would kill for the job.

Quit acting like a smug person and start listening to people. It wouldn't kill you to join in a conversation or are you too good for that?

as for the rest of the trolls? lulz. blame yourselves for such an upside down section, not me.

good night.

Edit:

Since I've not seen any real authority making replies, then I'd assume its a no go. Instead of blaming one another about why there should or shouldn't be a new section. I could've told you right off the bat it wasn't happening. Not because the current mod has a problem with change but the fact that its a process that is not taken lightly on such a huge forum as this one. Even saying that I would support it if enough people did the same. Even after what happened in the past to me, I still stick around. Not for laughs or spite, but because there are loads of people who look to me for advice and knowledge. Even when I took a break, they still kept asking. I am never really gone. You can't kill what I've built, rather smear its good nature.

That's all I have to say about it. The OP has spirit and understands what the people want even if it won't happen. Listening can be a powerful asset and a virtue.

Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Finanly, i've found the picture i was looking for hehe. Somebody said the flyff section wasn't crowded enough?
attachment.php

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Custom Title Activated
Reaction score
That means nothing. Out of all of those people only a handful will post or comment.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Finanly, i've found the picture i was looking for hehe. Somebody said the flyff section wasn't crowded enough?
attachment.php

One flaw; You can tell that's not recent. BGxApixen isn't banned in that picture. ;D

Custom Title Activated
Reaction score

Taken 10 minutes ago EST. This is the average amount of users in the section at any given time. 2/3 are looking for new releases and hardly ever post. the other half actually try and join in threads and help out.

Reverse that percentage and multiply that number by 5 or more and you might have something there.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score

Taken 10 minutes ago EST. This is the average amount of users in the section at any given time. 2/3 are looking for new releases and hardly ever post. the other half actually try and join in threads and help out.

Reverse that percentage and multiply that number by 5 or more and you might have something there.

It was more meant as a joke, but yeah :D

the sound's resound echo
Reaction score
I believe a show-off section would have even less visitors than a development section, actually.

Custom Title Activated
Reaction score
Its true the development section had a reverse reaction than what we were hoping for back when it came out. Were it not for the Caali server files, I think the section would have been received better around there. It kind of got lost in the shuffle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back