Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Show off section

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now you can tag me!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I've already posted about this problem in another section, and as I got a recommendation from a moderator to post it here as well, I'll do so.

Lately at the FlyFF section there have been thousands of bad releases. There have been a lot of website releases, that have come from people with no designing or web developing experience, they are all just looking for feedback.

It's fine that they want to release stuff, but i really think they should actually release something that will be used. Just by checking the first page on the release section at the FlyFF section you'll easily see how messed up everything is.

I know Show Off threads haven't been allowed to do for awhile now, but i really think we should get a section for it. Take away the post counts, or whatever it is that makes you guys not wanting to have it. But all i know, The FlyFF section need it.

Is it better to have thousands of releases that gets flamed and makes young designers want to quit, or is it better to actually get a nice and clean show off section where people actually can get feedback.

If you need links or examples for this, i would love sending you some. But as i want to respect the members that have released this, I choose not give this out in public.

I also know that the FlyFF section got a show off thread, but its not being used cause people ain't familiar with it.This thread is also pretty much messed up. So they just choose to release it, and most of them get flamed.

That's all i got on my heart, thanks for reading. And i hope that you'll figure out a way to fix this problem, MentaL.

Ceadin.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
http://forum.ragezone.com/f456/showcase-flyff-show-thread-718552/index5.html#post6264219

The last show was two days ago. If the thread was used constantly I could have requested a show section again with proof that we needed but sadly a thread isn't good enough in the FlyFF section.

TBH the only reason I see the OP giving is that people are posting bad releases. I won't delete someones work even if it's not good, at least hes actually trying to be part of the community and look what they get for it:

http://forum.ragezone.com/f457/edited-web-741274/
http://forum.ragezone.com/f457/flyff-template1-740644/

So your telling us if the show section is made people won't try to release stuff that isn't good?

If MentaL or the supers think the section is needed then by all means let it rain but right now I'm not convinced.

Here's some more threads related to show:

http://forum.ragezone.com/f651/suggestion-will-show-threads-718538/

This is what lead me to make the universal show thread.

Sorry for getting back at one of your first posts.
But this is just horrible.
I would suggest even though it's hell of a work.
To infract and delete the posts with these things in it.
I just feel sorry for the guy that tries to make something for the community and gets flamed/yelled out.
If I didn't came in the times that people excually helped and cared.
I wouldn't still be here.
I would suggest just make one clean thread.
With the "best" releases in it.

Even if I am not familiar with Flyff development.
I would be in for the job todo so.

Dell tries his/her best to clean up the Flyff section.
idk the other moderators that go on there.

But stop bitching about a section that is clearly not going to happen and try to stop flaming and start criticizing. This would help people and make them stay. I always help people, because I know maybe one day they would be better than me and I can ask a favor of them.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Sorry for getting back at one of your first posts.
But this is just horrible.
I would suggest even though it's hell of a work.
To infract and delete the posts with these things in it.
I just feel sorry for the guy that tries to make something for the community and gets flamed/yelled out.
If I didn't came in the times that people excually helped and cared.
I wouldn't still be here.
I would suggest just make one clean thread.
With the "best" releases in it.

Even if I am not familiar with Flyff development.
I would be in for the job todo so.

Dell tries his/her best to clean up the Flyff section.
idk the other moderators that go on there.

But stop bitching about a section that is clearly not going to happen and try to stop flaming and start criticizing. This would help people and make them stay. I always help people, because I know maybe one day they would be better than me and I can ask a favor of them.

Except you're not a part of the section, and don't know its history. The only moderator in the section is Dell Honne, since Rena has resigned, Glaphan hacked, and Blackbox just quit the flyff community altogether. We really need the supers to take an interest in the section instead of leaving it all up to Dell. People aren't really happy and tend to flame because they see the section slowly dieing, and they have nobody else to blame then the person in authority(hasn't this happened in history before?).

Last edited:
It's a lemon thing
Reaction score
W4w, seriously? You guys see flame, I see feedback and criticism. 70% of the posts where actual feedback is given, it is given in a harsh way. 100% of these post get taken wrongly and people get butthurt. The problem with the community is that I've seen several people take these comments to a personal level. Wrong move, it's the internet baby, don't take poop personal. Most people that actually visit the community have servers, we're basically rivals. You can't go expecting us all to go along perfectly, licking each others ego and releasing decent/good/godly poop 24/7.
Not only this but the intelligence level of the flyff community is incredibly low. How can you expect to get decent websites or whatever released/shared when 90% of the people don't know how to freaking compile the source. Even with the picture guide I did, I was asked for help. What will surprise you the most is that "these people" are the ones you least expect and that you think that actually know something. Well, your wrong. The people that do know refrain from posting, they lurk.

Getting on another level, are you seriously expecting a section go run smoothly, to be organized where only 1 mod is active? Dell hasn't got what it takes to manage that section alone... I seriously doubt any mod in Ragezone has the ability monitor a whole section alone.
Servers hack each other, flame each other. There's rivalry and competition on who's the best server, it's impossible to have 0% flame, and when the team that is supposed to monitor sucks or is composed by 1 person alone it get's even worse.
There are a huge amount of factors that lead us to flame, some like krypton said, but sorry I have to disagree with "new show off section will reduce flame". I find that as being a Ducking hypocrite and that's not what would happen. Things posted there would actually get flamed and people pressured to release stuff, actually reducing the amount of posts altogether on the release section. And dell. Any release is a release either good or bad you should accept it. Atleast the section's not dead like when it got made. I've tried to get my points and opinions on different aspects, being ignored 99% of the times and being infracted for it. Don't point me the finger as if I've been immature in things that I've said about you staff. It is true that you jeopardize half of us and favour the other half. Sorry if I'm not one the persons licking your hurt butts, but that does not give you the right to treat me as you have before. To the point of even admitting you do talk poop about the people your actualyl supposed to monitor and be friendly to. You've had a countless amount of chances to actually do stuff right yet you've failed them all. My tolerance as reached 0 as I've spotted several freaking useful threads in the clean up section. What a waste...

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
People have brought up some really good ideas for the section in January, when Dios was trying to do something, then just mysteriously disappeared. Nothing has changed since then, nor nothing major has happened. Can we at least get the "Clean-Up" done, 4 months later then it should have been?

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
People have brought up some really good ideas for the section in January, when Dios was trying to do something, then just mysteriously disappeared. Nothing has changed since then, nor nothing major has happened. Can we at least get the "Clean-Up" done, 4 months later then it should have been?

As I understood it, the clean up was supposed to take a few weeks. It was supposed to be for really old releases and solved help threads, not to mention Dios was doing it personally. I don't know how much Dios has on his plate and I don't question supers ways.

Also why should we (non staff) be able to view the clean up section. I see nothing useful in that aspect.

There were a lot of really good ideas but since 90% of the old population gave up and moved on, the newer crowd didn't get there in time to voice or add support.

We are Maverick!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
As I understood it, the clean up was supposed to take a few weeks. It was supposed to be for really old releases and solved help threads, not to mention Dios was doing it personally. I don't know how much Dios has on his plate and I don't question supers ways.

Also why should we (non staff) be able to view the clean up section. I see nothing useful in that aspect.

There were a lot of really good ideas but since 90% of the old population gave up and moved on, the newer crowd didn't get there in time to voice or add support.

Dios didn't do anything (no offense) he asked mental to make the section then Not4You and me moved all the old threads into it.

If you guys remember my old signature which had 13k mod actions that was because I did most of the work.

Also the clean-up took two days instead of weeks. The reason why that section is still there is unknown but I think Dios had said MentaL was supposed to close it and move it somewhere else.

Last edited:
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Except you're not a part of the section, and don't know its history. The only moderator in the section is Dell Honne, since Rena has resigned, Glaphan hacked, and Blackbox just quit the flyff community altogether. We really need the supers to take an interest in the section instead of leaving it all up to Dell. People aren't really happy and tend to flame because they see the section slowly dieing, and they have nobody else to blame then the person in authority(hasn't this happened in history before?).

even if I don't know the history...
I am able to see what happened...
and flaming is starting to rise, if people would act on flaming the flaming would be much less. But it's too much work todo so. Like I said I didn't knew the other moderators.
though I am able to read up most of the topics in 2 days and see the history of the section. (since RZ never really deletes something ;))

Though atleast we're not talking about the section anymore but we are now talking about clean-up and such, this topic is going way other directions than it was suppose to go.

Banana
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I sent a PM to a super mod regarding this entire section in general. It's just gone to hell. Mods that aren't active in the community, one quit and she's still mod. -.-

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Dios didn't do anything (no offense) he asked mental to make the section then Not4You and me moved all the old threads into it.

If you guys remember my old signature which had 13k mod actions that was because I did most of the work.

Also the clean-up took two days instead of weeks. The reason why that section is still there is unknown but I think Dios had said MentaL was supposed to close it and move it somewhere else.

Like I said, I don't question the work of the supers or MentaL. What goes on behind the Red Door was a mystery to me then and now.

Regardless, I don't think anyone below mod should have seen that section anyway. The only obvious reason I could think of keeping it there and in public view is of course the occasional thred being moved on accident and the OP letting you know it shouldn't be there.

That being said, Dell, you don't need to shoulder an entire section of RZ given the state of things. Rem aside, you should have more help. Yes, I know you did all the work, but was it needed? No. I got lucky back then and had it under control before the idiot brigade descended down on to it. You need to ask for more people. I did and they gave me one or two mods from other sections to help out when needed. I'm not telling you how to do your job, rather giving some advice that could help you in the long run.

Now that that has been said, this thread has gone way off topic. It should have been closed a while ago.

We are Maverick!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Like I said, I don't question the work of the supers or MentaL. What goes on behind the Red Door was a mystery to me then and now.

Regardless, I don't think anyone below mod should have seen that section anyway. The only obvious reason I could think of keeping it there and in public view is of course the occasional thred being moved on accident and the OP letting you know it shouldn't be there.

That being said, Dell, you don't need to shoulder an entire section of RZ given the state of things. Rem aside, you should have more help. Yes, I know you did all the work, but was it needed? No. I got lucky back then and had it under control before the idiot brigade descended down on to it. You need to ask for more people. I did and they gave me one or two mods from other sections to help out when needed. I'm not telling you how to do your job, rather giving some advice that could help you in the long run.

Now that that has been said, this thread has gone way off topic. It should have been closed a while ago.

Who said I haven't given recommendations to super moderators for new mods for the FlyFF section?

I'm not that stupid. I know I can't shoulder both SHE, FlyFF servers, Luna and the FlyFF section all at once.

I've given two recommendations and maybe you'll get 1 or 2 new mods later this month who knows.

the sound's resound echo
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Who said I haven't given recommendations to super moderators for new mods for the FlyFF section?

I'm not that stupid. I know I can't shoulder both SHE, FlyFF servers, Luna and the FlyFF section all at once.

I've given two recommendations and maybe you'll get 1 or 2 new mods later this month who knows.

Looking forward to that, the Flyff section needs some moderation.
Btw, isn't it a good idea to close this thread?
Its completely offtopic.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
I just hope the future of the flyff section actually rises instead of decreases. I hope the supers pay more attention now a days.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score

I never said you didn't. But given the way things are it seems that way. Look I'm trying to be nice and leaving what was said behind. I do have that ability. I seriously hope your recommendations are good ones. I really do. I shutter to think what some people would do around there.

With that said, I wish no more bad blood and to bury any and all negativity from here on out. Although I can't do it alone. That doesn't just go for me, rather everyone and I do mean everyone.

I just hope the future of the flyff section actually rises instead of decreases. I hope the supers pay more attention now a days.

I want the same thing as well. Actually a supervisor should be paying more attention rather a super though as its the chain of command.

Notice it went into clean up? Stop making fights where they aren't necessary. If they decide to demod her its their call. Stop whining like you guys always do.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Notice it went into clean up? Stop making fights where they aren't necessary. If they decide to demod her its their call. Stop whining like you guys always do.

Don't even talk about starting fights because you will automatically start one. Yes, it was moved into the Clean Up Section. He's obviously posting the link to the topic to SHOW that she resigned. Who said he was starting a fight? Only you would because you stereotyped everyone in the section. Anyone who posts anything that you don't like, you think they'll start flaming. Well, please GTFO off of the FlyFF section, and most likely, RaGEZONE in general, because you obviously hate us, and you keep coming back. Keep your damn promise, and leave.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Well, please GTFO off of the FlyFF section, and most likely, RaGEZONE in general, because you obviously hate us, and you keep coming back. Keep your damn promise, and leave.

No, I don't think I will. :cool:

And I don't hate anyone. Taking what I say out of context creates the idea of that but in reality no. Just ask Adler. At least she went from hating me to being a mutual friend. That quote right there makes me stay. NOBODY will ever tell me what I should and should not do, ever. Verstehen freund?

Hold your tongue when speaking for everyone as a whole because except for 6 people in the whole forum (RZ), I'm a positive influence to many. Your persecution of me is cute but its getting old. I'm not leaving. I'm just getting started.

So since this topic has gone so far off topic, let's just close this.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
No, I don't think I will. :cool:

And I don't hate anyone. Taking what I say out of context creates the idea of that but in reality no. Just ask Adler. At least she went from hating me to being a mutual friend. That quote right there makes me stay. NOBODY will ever tell me what I should and should not do, ever. Verstehen freund?

Hold your tongue when speaking for everyone as a whole because except for 6 people in the whole forum (RZ), I'm a positive influence to many. Your persecution of me is cute but its getting old. I'm not leaving. I'm just getting started.

So since this topic has gone so far off topic, let's just close this.

Nope. This topic hasn't gone off-topic. These 2 replies were off-topic. Instead of closing the topic, how about we actually continue and disregard these two replies.

That's how you manage a thread if you're a moderator. No wonder people didn't like you.

the sound's resound echo
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Actually almost all the reply's in the last 2 page's were completely off-topic.
Since the supers are not showing any kind of interest to this idea at all, why not close it?

We are Maverick!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
That's because whenever there is a thread about the section it always gets turned into a discussion about the mods.

When there was no mods you weren't happy.

When there are mods you still aren't happy.

When you hear mods are being hired you say it sounds interesting.

When the mods are hired you aren't happy.

So I guess there is no way to please the FlyFF section since everything the supers do make you guys unhappy.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Nope. This topic hasn't gone off-topic.

Are you high? Its way off topic. How does a show section suggestion thread turn into this?

These 2 replies were off-topic. Instead of closing the topic, how about we actually continue and disregard these two replies.

Then let's disregard yours as well. Its just troll fodder.

That's how you manage a thread if you're a moderator. No wonder people didn't like you.

And you know this because....? A red sparkle name doesn't qualify as a mod or give you knowledge thereof. Thank you drive thru.

@Dell: Now do you see my point? Being a mod there is a catch 22. You'll never be able to please people there. Just keep on doing the plan you are doing, I guess.

The thread was actually answered around the first page of replies or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back