Show off section

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    InactiveRank
    Dec 2010 Join Date
    432Posts

Re: Show off section

RaGEZONE Recommends

RaGEZONE Recommends

I agree with the Trial, but I think this idea would ACTUALLY end up a good idea instead of the release section being flooded with useless releases.

True MemberRank
    Jun 2010 Join Date
    New YorkLocation
    963Posts

Just another way for people to ego.

Alpha MaleRank
    Nov 2010 Join Date
    Care much ?Location
    2,452Posts

I've read half of the thread, and we should see this way.
    If the section is created, you'll have:

Less flame.
    More showoff.
    Less complains.
    More moderation.

As long as people show their webpages in the release section, expect threads like this for a long long time + insulting people's work.
    Just saying, I don't really care tbh, it's just plain stupidity to "want" more posts saying "meh this page is fail web designing ain't for you bro".

InactiveRank
    Sep 2008 Join Date
    World of MorrowLocation
    2,617Posts

My opinion is this. Whether its made in five minutes or five months is irrelevant when creating something. People WANT feedback. There is NO ONE that can say what is and what is not needed in a release section. Its public, and last I checked didn't have a server's name attached to it.

96% of developers learn by doing and not by book. If someone releases something that someone thinks is crap, so what? They do it with movies so why not other things. It is true that putting more effort and time into something makes it better but some people get over excited and release things too early. Happens all the time in the real world.

I requested a section a very long time ago and it was immediately shot down. Would you all like to know the main reason? To put it simply, RZ likes to maintain solidarity. So if they were to put a show off in a flyff section, then it would need to be put in all of the other ones as well. You can debate it anyway you like but that's how it is. If anyone recalls how they debated for a while how to get each section about the same cohesion, it would make sense NOT to put a special section for just one place.

Suppose over 1000 people decide to release something. Whatever it may be as long as its subject related. It would gain the attention of the supers and they would take it into consideration. Multiply that by ten and you might get your wish. See what I'm saying? They wouldn't open new sections that only a handful of people would use.

If I were the rest of you I would do the following:

1. Put your product in the release section.
    2. Link it in the show off thread.
    3. Link it in the release thread.
    4. Profit.

Its the circle of life so to speak.

I recant my old reply in the flyff section about getting on board. The more I remembered it the more I doubt highly it will happen. You have spirit, but you don't have the numbers. the flyff is waning more and more. You can blame it on whatever you like, and I even believe most people, mods included, have lost faith in the section and have given up on it. I see it everyday. The only one running around the section with the spirit level needed to sustain it is DiamondKing. If 1000 more people were like him, we would be back in business. But no. It seems people still carry the "every-man/woman-for-themselves" mentality. Kudos all the same though.

Given certain circumstances, I'd say things would have been better but everything works out for a reason. Call it an end of an era, beginning of the end, or a reboot, it doesn't matter. If people want something, they need other people standing up for it and standing behind it. Bottomline, period.

GammaRank
    Feb 2009 Join Date
    ON, CanadaLocation
    3,313Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rebora2007 View Post
    I've read half of the thread, and we should see this way.
    If the section is created, you'll have:

Less flame.
    More showoff.
    Less complains.
    More moderation.

As long as people show their webpages in the release section, expect threads like this for a long long time + insulting people's work.
    Just saying, I don't really care tbh, it's just plain stupidity to "want" more posts saying "meh this page is fail web designing ain't for you bro".
    The bold won't happen. It will be exactly how it was when show threads were made in the general section.

You really think people will actually stop flaming and complaining because it's posted in another section?

The whole point in the universal threads was to stop flaming and to keep the section more organized/clean.

@GK, I don't get it. Why would they release something in one section and show it off in another when you can put a screenshot right in the release. Also the handful of people etc etc is what I saw saying before. I tried to get people to use the uni thread and if lots of people used it I COULD have requested the show section with PROOF that we needed it.

@Below post, Apparently it's not good enough. They want a whole section dedicated for something they hardly do.
    Last edited by Dell Honne; 07-04-11 at 12:49 PM.

True MemberRank
    Jun 2010 Join Date
    U.S.ALocation
    479Posts

sorry to interrupt the flame war but why do we need a whole section for it we have something similar to ti and i don't see a problem with it:

http://forum.ragezone.com/f456/showc...thread-718552/

True MemberRank
    Jun 2009 Join Date
    ._.Location
    1,037Posts

I must agree that I don't like one thread for show-off's, as it is one big chaos (atleast for me).
    But I do not like the idea of having a seperate section for show-off's, as you would only have people begging: Pleeasee release it sirrrr

I don't think its needed to actually HAVE show-off project's in the Flyff section, if you want some tips/rate's on your project, why don't you post it in the Development Section?

True MemberRank
    Dec 2009 Join Date
    305Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dell Honne View Post
    The bold won't happen. It will be exactly how it was when show threads were made in the general section.

You really think people will actually stop flaming and complaining because it's posted in another section?

The whole point in the universal threads was to stop flaming and to keep the section more organized/clean.
    The flaming might stay indeed, but complains? You can't complain about something that's not released. Unless you complain about it to be released. So, flaming and crap like that are not the reasons for not creating that section :)
    Quote Originally Posted by aagibcheat View Post
    I must agree that I don't like one thread for show-off's, as it is one big chaos (atleast for me).
    But I do not like the idea of having a seperate section for show-off's, as you would only have people begging: Pleeasee release it sirrrr

I don't think its needed to actually HAVE show-off project's in the Flyff section, if you want some tips/rate's on your project, why don't you post it in the Development Section?
    If make a development thread, you should release it, unless you quit. That's what MentaL said once, i'm pretty sure about that.
    Last edited by 0x61; 07-04-11 at 03:16 PM.

True MemberRank
    Jun 2009 Join Date
    ._.Location
    1,037Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 0x61 View Post
    The flaming might stay indeed, but complains? You can't complain about something that's not released. Unless you complain about it to be released. So, flaming and crap like that are not the reasons for not creating that section :)

If make a development thread, you should release it, unless you quit. That's what MentaL said once, i'm pretty sure about that.
    If thats the case, they could better delete the development section and replace it with a show-off section, because 90% of the projects dont get released or the development of them are aborted.

Alpha MaleRank
    May 2009 Join Date
    NorwayLocation
    1,866Posts

@0x61

You're totally correct regarding what MentaL said. All projects in the development section are suppose to be released. I suppose its just because there shouldn't be any possibility to show off their work without having it chaosy and messed up. ( The show off thread is. )

You barly know which project/show off the person feedbacks to.

@aagibcheat
    This!

---------- Post added at 04:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:37 PM ----------

[EDIT]
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyfla1 View Post
    sorry to interrupt the flame war but why do we need a whole section for it we have something similar to ti and i don't see a problem with it:

http://forum.ragezone.com/f456/showc...thread-718552/
    If you read the whole thread with comments and everything, you should have understood what the problem actually is by having the so called Showcase Thread.

"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and wisdom to know the difference."
    [The Battle of Immortals] [Dragon Nest] [Forsaken World] [Jade Dynasty] [Rose Online] [Warrock]
    [The Portfolio][MMORPG Extra][Merchant Zone][Free MMO Servers]
    [The Headquarters] [Forum Rules]

True MemberRank
    Dec 2010 Join Date
    QueenslandLocation
    325Posts

Dell, your doing a good job and all but i refuse to release anything until we get a proper, decent system going *cough* section *cough* so i can make sure what I release will be of decent standard.

GammaRank
    Feb 2009 Join Date
    ON, CanadaLocation
    3,313Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xHeinrich View Post
    Dell, your doing a good job and all but i refuse to release anything until we get a proper, decent system going *cough* section *cough* so i can make sure what I release will be of decent standard.
    I don't get what you people want me to do.

First you want left then you want right. Nobody even talks to me on MSN about the section or tries to give proper suggestions so how do you expect me to make changes.

InactiveRank
    Sep 2008 Join Date
    World of MorrowLocation
    2,617Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dell Honne View Post

@GK, I don't get it. Why would they release something in one section and show it off in another when you can put a screenshot right in the release. Also the handful of people etc etc is what I saw saying before. I tried to get people to use the uni thread and if lots of people used it I COULD have requested the show section with PROOF that we needed it.

@Below post, Apparently it's not good enough. They want a whole section dedicated for something they hardly do.
    The showoff thread sucks. You can't do anything but push a thanks button. Where is the feedback? or criticism?

Here is an idea. Wipe the cleanup section thats already there. Change the name and problem solved. That cleanup section was made by Dios and now its just sitting there. It supposedly was made as an easier way to prune the section but all its doing is acting like a trash bin. Its a wasted space and an answer to everyone's problems. 4 sections is easy to mod over.

Like I said earlier, you do it to one section and you have to do it to th rest.

You people need to start thinking outside the box. A mod's job is to keep watch over the section but it also would kill you to mingle once in a while or help some people. Members like it when mods join in because they see the title and immediately think they know a lot.

GammaRank
    Feb 2009 Join Date
    ON, CanadaLocation
    3,313Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GlaphanKing View Post
    The showoff thread sucks. You can't do anything but push a thanks button. Where is the feedback? or criticism?

Here is an idea. Wipe the cleanup section thats already there. Change the name and problem solved. That cleanup section was made by Dios and now its just sitting there. It supposedly was made as an easier way to prune the section but all its doing is acting like a trash bin. Its a wasted space and an answer to everyone's problems. 4 sections is easy to mod over.

Like I said earlier, you do it to one section and you have to do it to th rest.

You people need to start thinking outside the box. A mod's job is to keep watch over the section but it also would kill you to mingle once in a while or help some people. Members like it when mods join in because they see the title and immediately think they know a lot.
    Well I don't see you coming up with any great ideas? I find it funny that when it was first made you liked it now all of a sudden you don't like it. In the next post your probably going to say "Oh no I NEVER liked it at all" Also when people post new shows in that thread people can give feedback it's called quoting the post.

Why would I wipe the clean-up section when it's a no post section... Plus it was made because the other moderators both old and new weren't doing there job. If you have a problem with it go talk to Dios.

Lol @ the end of your post isn't it what I'm doing now? The reason I don't mingle? It's because I have more important things to do at the time. People have me on MSN if they want to talk then they can I don't stop them from opening a convo with me.

TBH you just posted a bunch of BS. You aren't a mod anymore so you shouldn't be talking about a mods job since you didn't do such a great job last time.

Also I said the idea should have a trial period at least. Still waiting for a super to comment on it.
    Last edited by Dell Honne; 08-04-11 at 12:59 PM.

True MemberRank
    Dec 2010 Join Date
    QueenslandLocation
    325Posts

Alright:
    Show off section (IDGAF if I get flamed ect, just makes me wanna work harder)
    Thats all we want, now to wait for a super..........

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Advertisement