Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    InactiveRank
    Dec 2010 Join Date
    432Posts

Re: Show off section

RaGEZONE Recommends

RaGEZONE Recommends

Quote Originally Posted by Dell Honne View Post
    Well I don't see you coming up with any great ideas? I find it funny that when it was first made you liked it now all of a sudden you don't like it. In the next post your probably going to say "Oh no I NEVER liked it at all" Also when people post new shows in that thread people can give feedback it's called quoting the post.

Why would I wipe the clean-up section when it's a no post section... Plus it was made because the other moderators both old and new weren't doing there job. If you have a problem with it go talk to Dios.

Lol @ the end of your post isn't it what I'm doing now? The reason I don't mingle? It's because I have more important things to do at the time. People have me on MSN if they want to talk then they can I don't stop them from opening a convo with me.

TBH you just posted a bunch of BS. You aren't a mod anymore so you shouldn't be talking about a mods job since you didn't do such a great job last time.

Also I said the idea should have a trial period at least. Still waiting for a super to comment on it.
    Amen! Also, I don't see why Glaphan still trolls the flyff section. He already insulted it, was hacked, and called everyone in that section retards who don't understand anything, and complete leechers.

Good guy there, huh?

InactiveRank
    Sep 2008 Join Date
    World of MorrowLocation
    2,617Posts

Me trolling?

And for the record, I was a great mod excluding the ramblings of a certain group. You were just butthurt crash put me back in with both reluctance on both sides. Everyone didn't have a problem except you. Should have been a warning I seen coming a mile away but I shrugged it off as teenage angst. I've done things for that section that no one had the guts to do. I can talk all I want about a mods job. Frankly, you treat it like an obligation. You isolate yourself from everyone and look down on people there. if you don't want the damn job then give it to someone who can do things that can take the section into a better direction. I have five people off the top of my head who would kill for the job.

Quit acting like a smug person and start listening to people. It wouldn't kill you to join in a conversation or are you too good for that?

as for the rest of the trolls? lulz. blame yourselves for such an upside down section, not me.

good night.

Edit:

Since I've not seen any real authority making replies, then I'd assume its a no go. Instead of blaming one another about why there should or shouldn't be a new section. I could've told you right off the bat it wasn't happening. Not because the current mod has a problem with change but the fact that its a process that is not taken lightly on such a huge forum as this one. Even saying that I would support it if enough people did the same. Even after what happened in the past to me, I still stick around. Not for laughs or spite, but because there are loads of people who look to me for advice and knowledge. Even when I took a break, they still kept asking. I am never really gone. You can't kill what I've built, rather smear its good nature.

That's all I have to say about it. The OP has spirit and understands what the people want even if it won't happen. Listening can be a powerful asset and a virtue.
    Last edited by GlaphanKing; 10-04-11 at 05:08 AM.

True MemberRank
    Dec 2009 Join Date
    305Posts

Finanly, i've found the picture i was looking for hehe. Somebody said the flyff section wasn't crowded enough?
    Attached Images Attached Images

InactiveRank
    Sep 2008 Join Date
    World of MorrowLocation
    2,617Posts

That means nothing. Out of all of those people only a handful will post or comment.

InactiveRank
    Dec 2010 Join Date
    432Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 0x61 View Post
    Finanly, i've found the picture i was looking for hehe. Somebody said the flyff section wasn't crowded enough?
    One flaw; You can tell that's not recent. BGxApixen isn't banned in that picture. ;D

InactiveRank
    Apr 2011 Join Date
    8Posts

config Re: Show off section

Quote Originally Posted by Apixenz View Post
    One flaw; You can tell that's not recent. BGxApixen isn't banned in that picture. ;D
    That's alot wow

InactiveRank
    Sep 2008 Join Date
    World of MorrowLocation
    2,617Posts

Taken 10 minutes ago EST. This is the average amount of users in the section at any given time. 2/3 are looking for new releases and hardly ever post. the other half actually try and join in threads and help out.

Reverse that percentage and multiply that number by 5 or more and you might have something there.

True MemberRank
    Dec 2009 Join Date
    305Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GlaphanKing View Post

Taken 10 minutes ago EST. This is the average amount of users in the section at any given time. 2/3 are looking for new releases and hardly ever post. the other half actually try and join in threads and help out.

Reverse that percentage and multiply that number by 5 or more and you might have something there.
    It was more meant as a joke, but yeah :D

True MemberRank
    Jun 2009 Join Date
    ._.Location
    1,037Posts

I believe a show-off section would have even less visitors than a development section, actually.

InactiveRank
    Sep 2008 Join Date
    World of MorrowLocation
    2,617Posts

Its true the development section had a reverse reaction than what we were hoping for back when it came out. Were it not for the Caali server files, I think the section would have been received better around there. It kind of got lost in the shuffle.

Apr 2007 Join Date
    The NetherlandsLocation
    3,189Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dell Honne View Post
    http://forum.ragezone.com/f456/showc...ml#post6264219

The last show was two days ago. If the thread was used constantly I could have requested a show section again with proof that we needed but sadly a thread isn't good enough in the FlyFF section.

TBH the only reason I see the OP giving is that people are posting bad releases. I won't delete someones work even if it's not good, at least hes actually trying to be part of the community and look what they get for it:

edited web
    Flyff Template1

So your telling us if the show section is made people won't try to release stuff that isn't good?

If MentaL or the supers think the section is needed then by all means let it rain but right now I'm not convinced.

Here's some more threads related to show:

http://forum.ragezone.com/f651/sugge...hreads-718538/

This is what lead me to make the universal show thread.
    Sorry for getting back at one of your first posts.
    But this is just horrible.
    I would suggest even though it's hell of a work.
    To infract and delete the posts with these things in it.
    I just feel sorry for the guy that tries to make something for the community and gets flamed/yelled out.
    If I didn't came in the times that people excually helped and cared.
    I wouldn't still be here.
    I would suggest just make one clean thread.
    With the "best" releases in it.

Even if I am not familiar with Flyff development.
    I would be in for the job todo so.

Dell tries his/her best to clean up the Flyff section.
    idk the other moderators that go on there.

But stop bitching about a section that is clearly not going to happen and try to stop flaming and start criticizing. This would help people and make them stay. I always help people, because I know maybe one day they would be better than me and I can ask a favor of them.

True MemberRank
    Dec 2010 Join Date
    MasqueradeLocation
    205Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nyaa View Post
    Sorry for getting back at one of your first posts.
    But this is just horrible.
    I would suggest even though it's hell of a work.
    To infract and delete the posts with these things in it.
    I just feel sorry for the guy that tries to make something for the community and gets flamed/yelled out.
    If I didn't came in the times that people excually helped and cared.
    I wouldn't still be here.
    I would suggest just make one clean thread.
    With the "best" releases in it.

Even if I am not familiar with Flyff development.
    I would be in for the job todo so.

Dell tries his/her best to clean up the Flyff section.
    idk the other moderators that go on there.

But stop bitching about a section that is clearly not going to happen and try to stop flaming and start criticizing. This would help people and make them stay. I always help people, because I know maybe one day they would be better than me and I can ask a favor of them.
    Except you're not a part of the section, and don't know its history. The only moderator in the section is Dell Honne, since Rena has resigned, Glaphan hacked, and Blackbox just quit the flyff community altogether. We really need the supers to take an interest in the section instead of leaving it all up to Dell. People aren't really happy and tend to flame because they see the section slowly dieing, and they have nobody else to blame then the person in authority(hasn't this happened in history before?).
    Last edited by KrYpT0n; 12-04-11 at 04:58 AM.

True MemberRank
    Dec 2007 Join Date
    Why u care?Location
    519Posts

W4w, seriously? You guys see flame, I see feedback and criticism. 70% of the posts where actual feedback is given, it is given in a harsh way. 100% of these post get taken wrongly and people get butthurt. The problem with the community is that I've seen several people take these comments to a personal level. Wrong move, it's the internet baby, don't take shit personal. Most people that actually visit the community have servers, we're basically rivals. You can't go expecting us all to go along perfectly, licking each others ego and releasing decent/good/godly shit 24/7.
    Not only this but the intelligence level of the flyff community is incredibly low. How can you expect to get decent websites or whatever released/shared when 90% of the people don't know how to freaking compile the source. Even with the picture guide I did, I was asked for help. What will surprise you the most is that "these people" are the ones you least expect and that you think that actually know something. Well, your wrong. The people that do know refrain from posting, they lurk.

Getting on another level, are you seriously expecting a section go run smoothly, to be organized where only 1 mod is active? Dell hasn't got what it takes to manage that section alone... I seriously doubt any mod in Ragezone has the ability monitor a whole section alone.
    Servers hack each other, flame each other. There's rivalry and competition on who's the best server, it's impossible to have 0% flame, and when the team that is supposed to monitor sucks or is composed by 1 person alone it get's even worse.
    There are a huge amount of factors that lead us to flame, some like krypton said, but sorry I have to disagree with "new show off section will reduce flame". I find that as being a fucking hypocrite and that's not what would happen. Things posted there would actually get flamed and people pressured to release stuff, actually reducing the amount of posts altogether on the release section. And dell. Any release is a release either good or bad you should accept it. Atleast the section's not dead like when it got made. I've tried to get my points and opinions on different aspects, being ignored 99% of the times and being infracted for it. Don't point me the finger as if I've been immature in things that I've said about you staff. It is true that you jeopardize half of us and favour the other half. Sorry if I'm not one the persons licking your hurt butts, but that does not give you the right to treat me as you have before. To the point of even admitting you do talk shit about the people your actualyl supposed to monitor and be friendly to. You've had a countless amount of chances to actually do stuff right yet you've failed them all. My tolerance as reached 0 as I've spotted several freaking useful threads in the clean up section. What a waste...
    Last edited by FilixXx; 12-04-11 at 05:38 AM.

True MemberRank
    Dec 2010 Join Date
    MasqueradeLocation
    205Posts

People have brought up some really good ideas for the section in January, when Dios was trying to do something, then just mysteriously disappeared. Nothing has changed since then, nor nothing major has happened. Can we at least get the "Clean-Up" done, 4 months later then it should have been?

InactiveRank
    Sep 2008 Join Date
    World of MorrowLocation
    2,617Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KrYpT0n View Post
    People have brought up some really good ideas for the section in January, when Dios was trying to do something, then just mysteriously disappeared. Nothing has changed since then, nor nothing major has happened. Can we at least get the "Clean-Up" done, 4 months later then it should have been?
    As I understood it, the clean up was supposed to take a few weeks. It was supposed to be for really old releases and solved help threads, not to mention Dios was doing it personally. I don't know how much Dios has on his plate and I don't question supers ways.

Also why should we (non staff) be able to view the clean up section. I see nothing useful in that aspect.

There were a lot of really good ideas but since 90% of the old population gave up and moved on, the newer crowd didn't get there in time to voice or add support.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Advertisement