Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Section Request] MapleStory Help & Dev Section

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mythic Archon
Reaction score
Hello RZ,I am sorry if this has been requested of before, but I would like to request a Maplestory Ragezone Wz Editing support section/development sction and for the current forums within the wz editing section to be organized. Currently there is only a tutorial and release section (http://forum.ragezone.com/f701/), and forum members are posting help threads within the tutorial section as there is no child forum to hold support threads. Though wz editing isn't a popular thing, it is still considered important to the many players and developers out there who still wz edit; thus I believe it should be respected like the other catagories. If you take a look at GTOP, there are a myriad of servers who have wz edits that have been stolen. Many can argue this is due to lack or originality and/or integrity because the community is dead. No one is inspired to learn; no one is inspired to be creative ... no one is inspired to try something new. It is an easy concept that takes practice moreover concept. So please, grant the maplestory community this request. Pros:
  1. Less confusion
  2. Organized
  3. Easier on the community looking for threads and wanting to post threads; especially for new members who have joined the rage zone community explicitly for the maple story forum. Though this is an under used forum in contrast to the other forums, there are still some wz editors left in the community, I being one, that would really appreciate this.
Cons:
  1. ... an hour of time lost? o.o
Thanks for reading and I hope you may grant this request!

Last edited:
<3
Reaction score
Although I can see the reason behind why you would want it to be more organized, I can also see why it was chosen to be left the way it is. The fact is the WZ editing section isn't as active compared to the development section to the extent where separation actually matters. I don't think making this change will make any improvement on WZ editing or the MapleStory community as a whole. There will always be the same amount of leechers as the WZ editing section. Many use WZ editing as an alternative to actual development. This is probably the downfall of the community. WZ editing is a great resource, but it should be an addition rather than a replacement to the development of the source.

Staff member
Reaction score
I was actually really close PMing a MOD or making a similar topic asking about it. It makes no sense to have a help child forum for every section in MapleStory but not for .wz editing. Its inconsistent and triggers my OCD in regards of organizing.

+1

EDIT: Oh my, 4 week old topic bumped. Well, good, because I agree.

Mythic Archon
Reaction score
Although I can see the reason behind why you would want it to be more organized, I can also see why it was chosen to be left the way it is. The fact is the WZ editing section isn't as active compared to the development section to the extent where separation actually matters. I don't think making this change will make any improvement on WZ editing or the MapleStory community as a whole. There will always be the same amount of leechers as the WZ editing section. Many use WZ editing as an alternative to actual development. This is probably the downfall of the community. WZ editing is a great resource, but it should be an addition rather than a replacement to the development of the source.

I agree with you on the fact that there are a myriad of leechers who do not contribute to the wz editing community, but isn't that the same with java based server developments and web based developments? There are leechers there as there are developers. The wz development section might not parallel the other development forums in number of active members, but it does deserve the respect that there are still active wz editors. (I do not mean this as a verbal attack towards you) I guess you can say that the wz editors are not important right? Because, though the numbers do not par up with the other forums, they are still people who develop on the same area as everyone else? I don't think you should look at numbers as what determines importance or how active, rather the few, and potential future wz editors the section has. Also, I don't think it would be a downfall to the community at all. I believe it can potentially provide diversity that many servers now lack, ultimately increasing the player base per explicit server.

In addition, Wz editing is a separate forum in contrast to the other three forums. To make an argument about importance or relevance to absolute development isn't proper here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back