Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Section Request]Realm of the Mad God private servers!

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Before you get your mind boggled this in my opinion is the fastest and easiest to setup mmorpg private server there is :p
Realm of the Mad God is a bullet time fast paced 8 bit pixel mmorpg!
Realm of the Mad God private servers have been about for 3 years and there are over 7 open sources out till this date which are custom and separate. Myself i have owned 6 in the past 3 years, my latest one being Rezek's Kingdom which i worked with a friend called Skilly.
CTcal0E.png

RotMG(Realm of the Mad God) private servers allow full customization and have an easy to use interface as the source's are clearly laid out into easy sections. People make RotMG private server's to remake it in its glory days. In the light of Wildshadow the company who made the original Realm of the Mad God who then sold it to kabam who more or less couldn't really care less about the game and are just purely based on the factor of gaining money from it. I want to pass down my knowledge and expertise on working on these private servers for others to embrace and enjoy the world of RotMG and have already started making posts on my desktop and saving them so i am ready to post a lot of tutorials on how to add specific pets, new items, how to change the user interface, how to add more dungeons and features. This will also attract more people to ragezone as it is a fairly popular type of private server and people are always looking on ways to improve their own ones as it is fairly easy to setup online and only takes moments! please tell me what you think and i will be extremely active on the section and post a lot of tutorials, how-to's and releases!
Ha1gKjI.jpg

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:

Ben

Developer - JS
Developer
Reaction score
I currently don't see any reason to create a section for that, as far as i see the only thing that is accomplished is that files have been shared with the community.

As you stated that you would be making tutorials etc.. i'dd like to see some commitment from the community first.

Currently a Negative for me, but might change when i see some activity.

Reaction score
I currently don't see any reason to create a section for that, as far as i see the only thing that is accomplished is that files have been shared with the community.

As you stated that you would be making tutorials etc.. i'dd like to see some commitment from the community first.

It's the first section request. Once I get more familiar with working with these files I will definitely create some tutorials and some custom server tools so on so fourth... however just because there isn't much there now doesn't mean there won't be at all. Maybe if everything was in one place things would be more noticeable. This is a good game and private servers are fun to play.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. After all, no matter what... the final decision is up to the boss.

Super-Moderator
Staff member
Super-Moderator
Reaction score
It's the first section request. Once I get more familiar with working with these files I will definitely create some tutorials and some custom server tools so on so fourth... however just because there isn't much there now doesn't mean there won't be at all. Maybe if everything was in one place things would be more noticeable. This is a good game and private servers are fun to play.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. After all, no matter what... the final decision is up to the boss.

In the past we have made sections for files however nothing came of them and it was useless to create the section. With more community backing I'm sure there will be a section, until then, nope.

Reaction score
it's look like tibiame? o_O
i will try to setup it locally then :D:
for section request, you need to get support from member,
at least the thread reach 20 page or 100 page, and people in it is exciting to develop it, i'm sure it would be possible...

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
In the past we have made sections for files however nothing came of them and it was useless to create the section. With more community backing I'm sure there will be a section, until then, nope.

I can produce a lot of content in a short amount of time as i have been doing this for a long time and with the community i currently have i can get them to host some private servers here :)

Reaction score
What they want is more members speaking about the idea of having a section for the game.. not just a couple of dedicated individuals... but that's not how you manage sections.. I know it's not really beneficial to add a section just because a couple of people are interested... but here's the thing.. if the people were not interested there would have never been a section request. If the section was removed because of inactivity... well then there is many sections that should not exist any longer.. look at the SA:MP section .. people say it's because the SA-MP community has there own dev forum.. okay so why is there a section in the first place... better yet why is it still there.

It's not fair to the community to make decisions based on what you think.. it should be based on what the majority of people think. How are you suppose to hear the community if you aren't willing to listen?

Anyways, adding a section to see where it goes does not hurt anyone and it's done in a couple of clicks.. I never understood why it's always such a huge battle to add a section that atleast a decent 50 to 60 people are interested in.. sometimes the section needs to be NOTICED to actually gain the interest.. and having it in a sub section as a non section.. is not the way to go..

again, all personal opinion right..

Anyways it's not going to happen over night because adding the section seems to be a complicated task that needs to meet standards that should not be there in the first place.

If you could prove that there isn't enough people interested... fine have those standards stick in place and go with that but..

honestly.. there is tons of people interested in this type of game/section.. just gotta take that not so risky leap to have it put out there.. make a poll.. do something instead of judging based on what you think as an individual.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
What they want is more members speaking about the idea of having a section for the game.. not just a couple of dedicated individuals... but that's not how you manage sections.. I know it's not really beneficial to add a section just because a couple of people are interested... but here's the thing.. if the people were not interested there would have never been a section request. If the section was removed because of inactivity... well then there is many sections that should not exist any longer.. look at the SA:MP section .. people say it's because the SA-MP community has there own dev forum.. okay so why is there a section in the first place... better yet why is it still there.

It's not fair to the community to make decisions based on what you think.. it should be based on what the majority of people think. How are you suppose to hear the community if you aren't willing to listen?

Anyways, adding a section to see where it goes does not hurt anyone and it's done in a couple of clicks.. I never understood why it's always such a huge battle to add a section that atleast a decent 50 to 60 people are interested in.. sometimes the section needs to be NOTICED to actually gain the interest.. and having it in a sub section as a non section.. is not the way to go..

again, all personal opinion right..

Anyways it's not going to happen over night because adding the section seems to be a complicated task that needs to meet standards that should not be there in the first place.

If you could prove that there isn't enough people interested... fine have those standards stick in place and go with that but..

honestly.. there is tons of people interested in this type of game/section.. just gotta take that not so risky leap to have it put out there.. make a poll.. do something instead of judging based on what you think as an individual.
I could not have put that better sir :)

Elite Diviner
Reaction score

There's sections for everything else so why not?...

Ben

Developer - JS
Developer
Reaction score
There's sections for everything else so why not?...

Other sections have proven theyre activity in the MMORPG Release section with extensive posted threads, it's been going like that for a while. Take as example the section request of Aura Kingdom they had to wait like 2 week before they got a section, and that was backed by the community pretty decently.

Like the other moderators said, show some commitment by the community and you'll see a section appear for sure.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

Sure thing, ill make a few tutorials today!

Added a tutorial on how to add Dungeons :)
http://forum.ragezone.com/f858/rotmg-add-dungeon-mmoe-source-1101228/#post8626514

New tutorial on how to set stars according to ranks and how to adjust it so that ranks do not automatically get stars
http://forum.ragezone.com/f858/rotmg-set-star-amounts-ranks-1101230/#post8626523

Added a tutorial on how to add ranks and edit them
http://forum.ragezone.com/f858/rotmg-edit-rank-tags-add-1101232/#post8626534

http://forum.ragezone.com/f115/rotmg-celestia-realms-play-browser-1099065/
This server has been up and running for 3 weeks now

Ben Shoelace Kreeate

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Back