Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Shoutbox?

MDK

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
This has probably been suggested before but I'd like to see the arguments against it. Will help the forum communicate easier but may cause more arguments and more time to moderate.

Reaction score
Chat has been suggested before in different forms and everytime it is agree'd it would turn into a spam fest for the BR's asking for help. (No racism intended, it just seems the BR's ask more freely and persistently than others.)

RZ is just too big.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Chat has been suggested before in different forms and everytime it is agree'd it would turn into a spam fest for the BR's asking for help. (No racism intended, it just seems the BR's ask more freely and persistently than others.)

RZ is just too big.

Totally agreed.
It would only be a mass of spam and a pain in the butt for the Mods to keep an eye on that.

Shoutboxes are fun with smaller communities but for Ragezone.. It's just to big to stay on with one object.

MDK

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
It would be treated the same as the Evo section currently is and that's not infested with people asking for help. Limit it to certain post counts or usergroups like subscribers or Gamma etc.

BACON
Loyal Member
Reaction score
There's no need for a shout box, as previously said we have MentaL's Lair for general discussion, if you really want to chat either use the IRC or get certain people's IM addresses.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
We have IRC, we have PMs, we even have a thread that is just for talking crap to be honest.

I also see no reason why you cannot just add whoever you wish to speak to on an IM, or why any conversations would need to be viewable on the board homepage that aren't fitting for threads.

All is well...
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Maybe a 3rd party chatbox? Inside a forum topic or hideable so its not always visible?
I can see a few reasons for why but a trial period may be in order because the irc I know is never used... I gave up idling in there for days only to see a couple people and this was back when that app was released for here (the one in area51).

Found a place to live.
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Maybe re-vamp and advertise the IRC and get more life into it instead?

Reaction score
Bad idea. The noobs would always be asking for help & spamming it alot. But it would be nice to have one and like mdk said, limit the chat to usergroups as; alpha member, subscribers, mods, s-mods, and admins only?

Found a place to live.
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Bad idea. The noobs would always be asking for help & spamming it alot. But it would be nice to have one and like mdk said, limit the chat to usergroups as; alpha member, subscribers, mods, s-mods, and admins only?

Or just put a post limit on it, maybe not quite Alpha, since that's 1500 posts. Maybe like 200=>400+ post limit. That would cut out the majority of random spammers.

All is well...
Loyal Member
Reaction score
This would require that the chat query this site's database which is the entire reason it doesn't exist in the first place thus far. So we're left with the issue that it will always be filled with spam =/
If there was moderation in the chatbox I might could see it working. If it's third-party there wouldn't be any issues imo, chatango is one possible solution ( ) I'm familiar with it on anime sites I frequent.

Reaction score
Why is this still even being discussed? it's been pretty obvious its not wanted/going to happen.

and why would you limit to to certain groups? those certain groups have their own forums to chat in anyway. Plus having so little of them in the first place I'm sure they all know each others instant messengers.

Back